fulton
✟15,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They buried my Godfather today. He was like family. I did not walk up to the casket to pay my respects. I went through the procession line, but I bypassed the casket. I sat two pews back and there he was right in front of me, but during the greeting and condolences of family members, I did not stop at the casket. That’s not the image I want to maintain. I remember my Godfather as young and vibrant, the man that had influenced my life more than he could probably realize. That’s the image I want to maintain. He’s smiling, has a ball cap on, has a mustache and glasses, etc….

There’s no need for a response to this post. I just need to release and I know there are many here who would be receptive......

Thank you.

Last edited:

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They buried my Godfather today. He was like family. I did not walk up to the casket to pay my respects. I went through the procession line, but I bypassed the casket. I sat two pews back and there he was right in front of me, but during the greeting and condolences of family members, I did not stop at the casket. That’s not the image I want to maintain. I remember my Godfather as young and vibrant, the man that had influenced my life more than he could probably realize. That’s the image I want to maintain. He’s smiling, has a ball cap on, has a mustache and glasses, etc….

There’s no need for a response to this post. I just need to release and I know there are many here who would be receptive......

Thank you.
Prayers and condolences for your loss. We all grieve differently, don't worry about that at all. I am very much like you, I'd rather not look, there are different ways one can pay their respects.
Love & blessings to you in this time.

Upvote 0