St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now, who said it was easier? This is the entire essence of trusting in faith. Following Christ was never intended to be easy. After all, they actually murdered the one we are following.

Jesus, himself, told people (in essence) "If you're looking for 'easy', you're in the wrong place."

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To know why a God creating us is easier and more realistic than believing in evolution. I am falling away from faith. Help please.

Although I personally believe that atoms to Adam evolution is bunk (there are FAAARRRRR too many holes in the "just so" stories about cosmic, stellar, chemical, and even biological evolution for me to believe it), there are thousands of strong Bible believing Christians that accept biological evolution as the method that God used to bring about His eternal plan. In other words, it IS NOT AN EITHER OR PROPOSITION!!! You can accept evolution and remain a believer.

I strongly suggest you goto the creation forum and talk to a few of the Theistic evolutionists that frequent there. Also, I would recommend that you take some time to read the Christian literature on creationism... much of it is far more scientifically sound than they are given credit for.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean logical.

OK.

An infinite regress of causes is not logical;
The universe exists and requires a cause;
Therefore, logically there must be an uncaused cause for the universe.

The Christian God claims to exist outside space-time, thus requiring no cause Himself;
The Christian God claims to be the creator;
Therefore, the Christian God claims to fit the criteria for the uncaused cause of our universe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟753,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Mediaeval

baptizatus sum
Sep 24, 2012
✟29,873.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Non-life has never been observed to produce life, much less very complex intelligent life. The complex design of the world and living beings intimates that there is a Designer. If, e.g., I found a crude stone carving of a dog on Pluto, I would not conclude that random processes over billions of years produced the carving. Rather, it would be self-apparent that the carving was produced by an intelligent being.

Similarly, I now find living people walking around on Earth, self-conscious, having a notion of good and evil, always seeking happiness but never quite able to find it in this world. It is easy to conclude that these vastly complex beings had a Designer and a purpose.

Upvote 0

PureDose

Pinball Wizard
Sep 18, 2012
✟850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To know why a God creating us is easier and more realistic than believing in evolution. I am falling away from faith. Help please.

Maybe pick up a creationist book on evolution? A great, great documentary to watch in Ben Stein's on the subject. One hour, maybe two, and you will be persuaded.

If you have no hope for immortality, no concern about that... if you only want what this world has to offer and nothing more, then you have not experienced the life from Jesus.

I know that is not true about you, but that is another matter.

Evolution is a very silly and desperate attempt for people to avoid the coming judgment, so they can justify not repenting, and so they can live comfortably in this world without hope.

I do not think it deeply appeals to anyone who is here to stay, it appeals to people who are renting. They are perishing and have no hope, so their mindset is completely different then ours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,426.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Evolution can be experimentally shown, so it is very logical.

The two main believe issues are with the creation of first life and the creation of a universe that would have stars.

There is no known logical way for chemicals to become a living organism. Chemicals do not evolve.

The “fine-tuned” universe that allows for the creation of stars is a huge mystery.

You just have to study the two possibilities and see which takes more faith.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i just think we can't know everything about space there could be a finite universe throwing out infinite debris and therefore the earth was created.

That idea is illogical. A finite universe could not produce infinite debris. Also, you miss the point of my opening premise: if you postulate anything other than an uncreated thing/being as the cause of the universe, there must be a cause for that as well, ad infinitum... an infinite regression IS NOT LOGICAL. There must either be an eternal uncreated universe or something, or an eternal uncreated Being. I find the Being more logical, and also find that explanation fits the evidence of the Bible and my experience with Jesus Christ.

i just can't see how God said walla there is earth and people.

That is an inaccurate summation of Genesis... it is NEVER recorded that He said "Walla!" :D

How powerful is your concept of God? I have no problem believing that He simply expressed His will and it came to be, because my God can do that!

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

There are plenty of arguments out there for creation but you need to study them. Do a search for creation science, and study their arguments. What I will say though is just having knowledge will not necessarily help you. You need to become aware of the reality of God. For me that has been many years of seeing the Miraculous power of God at work in my life. I have not seen mighty miracles like the raising of the dead but I have seen miracles. And I will share them with you, because when faith is low you need to experience a real God. My website lists all the encounters I have had with God over the years, it is Know God Personally I will also share one of my favorite stories here for you to read.

One morning I got up and walked into the hall and I heard a voice that I believed was God say "How would you like to be stabbed in the Valley". The Valley was known as the rough end of town, and the voice scared me a little, I wondered if I had done something to offend God. I had planned to go down to the Valley to ask people out to church as was my habit at the time. In the end I went anyway regardless of the fear. I walked up to the first person I met and asked him if he would like to go out to church. He said to me "I am an atheist, I don't believe in God". I just said "fine", but hoped to change his mind. He then proceeded to unbutton his shirt and showed me scar marks up and down his chest and stomach. He said to me, "I was attacked by a knife wielding man in the Valley some time ago and spent months recovering in hospital, How could God allow that to happen to me". Then I knew why God had said in the morning "How would I like to be stabbed?". God understood this man, but had a good plan for him. Some weeks latter this man came out to church and became a Christian.

Upvote 0