Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can I ask you to pray for my sisters dog. His name is Scooby and he is a bull greyhound.
A few weeks ago he had some tumors removed, including one in his mouth, which resulted in him having to have part of his jaw removed. Now another possible tumor has appeared at the side of his neck, my sister has to go back to the vets next week to find out the prognosis.

Scooby is an extremely intelligent and loveable dog who many people including myself are very found of. I think my sister is putting on a brave face but if he has to be put to sleep it will break her heart, and mine as well. I am asking you all to please pray for him, as I believe if enough people pray for him it will have a positive affect and maybe, just maybe everything will turn out o.k. I would really be grateful to you all if you would do this thing for me, and I will let everyone know what happens as soon as my sister has been back to the vets in week to get an update on the situation.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying as requested. May you, your sister, Scooby, and all involved be blessed during this trying time.:pray:

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you know that God really loves you all and is concerned about anything that hurts you and worries you all. Heavenly Father You know of the sadness and worry this one's sister and her family are going through worrying about Scooby. Be merciful, comfort and bless this family and for Scooby, ease his pain, give him the strength to fight and work out everything to the good, In Jesus Name, Amen,

Upvote 0

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks so much for your prayers everyone, my sister rang me today to say the lump or swelling on Scooby's neck appears to have gone down a bit. We will have to see what the vet says when he goes back next week. I should know by next Wednesday or Thursday GMT. I will let you know when I hear from my sister. God bless you all.

Upvote 0

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just thought I would update you on Scooby. The vet has told my sister the lump hasn't gone down and has taken a biopsy and sent it off for analysis. The lump on Scooby's neck feels to be about half the size of a golf ball. The lump does not seem to be affecting him at the moment and I'm hoping it does not grow any more.

My sister lost her cat a little over a year ago, the cat was treated for a hyperthyroidism with radiotherapy, but then developed cancer a few weeks later and had to be put down. It was an emotional roller coaster for my sister and she has already said that she does not want to put Scooby through the same thing as she put her cat through only to end up losing her anyway.

I'm hoping my sister does not make any hasty decisions if the news is bad, based on her previous experience with her cat. I would prefer it if she asked the vets to remove the lump, but I understand how she feels.
Whilst there is no decision to be made at the moment as Scooby is not in pain, the situation could change at any time.

Anyway thanks for your prayers and I would like to ask you to keep praying for him, and if you could get other animal lover friends or anyone you know who is a christian to help by praying for Scooby as well, I would be extremely grateful.

Upvote 0

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I pray for your sisters dog, that it will remain a source of happiness for your sister and those around it. I only know how much my cat means for me at times where I'm filled with sorrow or fear and I always have something that cheer me up as long as he is around and it's a wonderful thing to see how little it take for him to become satisfied with living, just a can of tuna fish is the source of a wonderful day for him, so we have lots of things to learn from animals, and I can see in both animals, plants and all living things in general, just a tiny bit of how truly amazing God really is, by what He have created and how blessed it all is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just thought I would update you on Scooby again. My sister rang me up yesterday evening all excited, telling me the lump on Scooby's neck had disappeared. She had checked his lump in the morning and it was still there, but when she checked later in the day it had gone. My sister seems to think it was probably a cyst that has burst. I am interested to see what the biopsy returns because if it turns out that it was a tumor we will of witnessed a miracle. The vet was obviously concerned it might be a tumor which is why she sent for biopsy. Anyway even if it turns out that it was a cyst i still believe that all your prayers had something to do with it disappearing, so I can't thank all the people who prayed for Scooby enough. God bless you all.

Upvote 0

believerwithallmyheart

Site Supporter
May 21, 2013
New York
✟77,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can I ask you to pray for my sisters dog. His name is Scooby and he is a bull greyhound.
A few weeks ago he had some tumors removed, including one in his mouth, which resulted in him having to have part of his jaw removed. Now another possible tumor has appeared at the side of his neck, my sister has to go back to the vets next week to find out the prognosis.

Scooby is an extremely intelligent and loveable dog who many people including myself are very found of. I think my sister is putting on a brave face but if he has to be put to sleep it will break her heart, and mine as well. I am asking you all to please pray for him, as I believe if enough people pray for him it will have a positive affect and maybe, just maybe everything will turn out o.k. I would really be grateful to you all if you would do this thing for me, and I will let everyone know what happens as soon as my sister has been back to the vets in week to get an update on the situation.

Upvote 0

believerwithallmyheart

Site Supporter
May 21, 2013
New York
✟77,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praying for Scooby. Let him be victorious and defeat the cancer with God's help of course. Praying for your sister and for her to stay strong in this difficult time. I lost my cat 14 years ago and I still start crying every time I think about her. Please keep us updated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My Sister was at the vets this morning, and it turns out Scooby actually had a swollen gland. The vet said it must of gone down from the taking the biopsy, but if that was the case I can't understand why it would still be there 3 days later, then suddenly disappear within a few hour of my sister checking his neck. She doesn't believe in God or miracles, however I still think the reason the swelling went down all of a sudden a few days after the biopsy was nothing to do with the biopsy, but rather the power of prayer. So many thanks to all who prayed for Scooby. It wasn't as bad as we first thought, but I'm sure that the prayers speeded the healing process.

Upvote 0