Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok so first I've been saved a while and I am also an ordained minister. I've been single basically all of my Christian life. When God saved me I insantly stopped seeking premarital sex and actually went out with a girl once that got mad at me for not doing anything with her. So God did a marvelous work in my life and I am so thankful.

Fast forward to now and like I said I am a minister that has never been married and have recently started a courtship. We are very serious and have talked about marriage. Well about a month ago we messed up and had sex and we both repented. Then this past weekend it happened again and she was actually begging me to do it and at first I had some anger toward her but have since asked her to forgive me because it took both of us. We have set boundaries but have broken them and I need some prayers and advice honestly. I have cried and cried and asked God to forgive me and this has also really put a strain on our relationship. Prayers and any words of advice would be appreciated. Also, I really feel like a hypocrite because obviously I preach against fornication. I've repented with bitter tears but it still weighs on me. Thanks!
About 22 years ago I made the decision to be celibate, a couple years in I messed up. It sucked, but it didn't change my choice, I just learned a situation not to put myself in.
But, in your case, I agree you should marry her. Until you get married, don't be alone together.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok so first I've been saved a while and I am also an ordained minister. I've been single basically all of my Christian life. When God saved me I insantly stopped seeking premarital sex and actually went out with a girl once that got mad at me for not doing anything with her. So God did a marvelous work in my life and I am so thankful.

Fast forward to now and like I said I am a minister that has never been married and have recently started a courtship. We are very serious and have talked about marriage. Well about a month ago we messed up and had sex and we both repented. Then this past weekend it happened again and she was actually begging me to do it and at first I had some anger toward her but have since asked her to forgive me because it took both of us. We have set boundaries but have broken them and I need some prayers and advice honestly. I have cried and cried and asked God to forgive me and this has also really put a strain on our relationship. Prayers and any words of advice would be appreciated. Also, I really feel like a hypocrite because obviously I preach against fornication. I've repented with bitter tears but it still weighs on me. Thanks!
well I would break it off entirely. I know that sounds odd. But if she is 'begging you to have premarital sex' she is not at the same spiritual level that a minister needs. Yeah it make take a minute to find another suitable partner. But don't rush to get married. Here is why, if she will sleep with you before marriage, then she will sleep with others after marriage. Marriage is not sacred anymore. If she will lie with you, she will lie to you. I messed up before marriage, but I repented and got out of that relationship. If she is not strong enough to be pure then she really is on a different spiritual level. Imagine walking up a staircase, and you are going to a higher place, and your girlfriend is behind you following you and stops in her maturity, and you have to stop too, and actually back track your progress to lift her up, you have to step down in order to get her up. Jesus does not want that for you. My first girlfriend taught me how to kiss, and got mad when I didn't persue kissing her initially, then I learned alot more than that. But we were both leaders in the youthgroup, and I got very physical, and she had to break up with me because I was so physical, but her youth pastor said that exact illustration. The thing is that I stayed in leadership, I went to Bible college and started teaching at our church, and have been to three countries on missions. That would have never happened if we just kept sinning, I would not have had my heart broken and been consoled with Christ's presence. It took another 20 years to overcome lust, but God had victory in my future. Believe me, there is alot more to lust, than just adultery, it can manifest in a host of ways. You want to nip this in the bud, get rid of her. You'll be absolutely glad you did. It may take years to realize it but God will bless your sacrifice. If you don't get rid of her, you can kiss your ministry and your whole witness, as well as your personal walk with the Lord Good bye.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The pastor will probably offer loving advice. He will probably discuss some accountability with you both, offer whatever marriage ministry classes the church offers and discuss when you both would like to be married.
That sounds good but is miles from what would have happened at the congregation I attended in college and where my wife and i got married shortly after I graduated. The leaders there would have dissolved the engagement and shipped one of us (probably her) off to a different part of the country; with strict instructions to NEVER speak to each other again.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know that sounds odd. But if she is 'begging you to have premarital sex' she is not at the same spiritual level that a minister needs.
I find this answer to be less than helpful. It denies a basic principle - that God made those desires that strong on purpose. If she can just turn it off now, ( that higher "spiritual level") she can and WILL turn it off during times of disagreement. That is both ungodly and destructive to the marriage relationship.

Notice Paul's advice:

1 Cor 7:8
But I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I. 9 But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.​

He does NOT say "get more self control."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Might be best if you get married ?

This particular sin may strip you of your ministry.
At times God has removed these ones.
Felt it and seen it.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I find this answer to be less than helpful. It denies a basic principle - that God made those desires that strong on purpose. If she can just turn it off now, ( that higher "spiritual level") she can and WILL turn it off during times of disagreement. That is both ungodly and destructive to the marriage relationship.

Notice Paul's advice:

1 Cor 7:8
But I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I. 9 But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.​

He does NOT say "get more self control."
I am not saying have more self control, I am saying get out of the relationship. There is no control there obviously, and when a girlfriend begged me for sex when i was dating her, I broke it off. Because I knew one of those times I would fall.

Jesus wants to meet you in the mess. You can’t clean yourself up, but He can. Even if you just sinned, run to Him. Even if you feel too far gone, run to Him. The door is never closed. He’s just waiting. Not yelling, but arms opened wide. The cross has the final word, not shame. But you have to remove yourself from the area where you are weak, and move to your strong hold Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not saying have more self control, I am saying get out of the relationship.
When marriage talk is already on the table, it is too late to just dump out of the relationship IMO.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In case you missed it...
ADMIN HAT ON
Christian Advice Statement of Purpose
Christian advice is defined as advice which contains basic Christian principles that do not conflict with the site's Statement of Faith. We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints. Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the Christian Advice forum. If members would like to discuss/debate specific Christian theological doctrines, they should do so in one of the Theology forums.

All advice should be given in the spirit of love and humility, extending grace and respect towards one another in an effort to encourage and uplift the member seeking advice. We would like this forum to remain a safe place where Christians can request advice from other Christians without fear of being attacked. With this in mind, posts that chastise or belittle another member will be deleted and the member may be banned from the thread. Posts that debate rather than advise will also be deleted and the member may be banned from the thread. If you are banned from a thread and would like to discuss the situation with an Administrator, please open a ticket in support.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Up until that ring is on the finger you don't possess a wife or husband.
While I get what you are saying, I do not believe it is covenantally correct.

With marriage talk on the table, it puts the relationship into the stage that would be the negotiation of the Ketubah in first century (NT times) Judaic culture.

With the emotional bonds already there (strengthened by the sexual activity) IMO it would be incredibly damaging emotionally and spiritually to just sever the relationship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1John 3:9-10 says
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Remember that the devil hates everyone who obeys God and will send his demons to attack that person. He sent the demon of fornication to attack you.

Revelation 2:10 says
"Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life"
My advice to you is that spend the next ten days asking the Lord to deliver you from the demonic attack
Everyday say"God cast out the demon of fornication that is attacking me and deliver me from evil in the name of Jesus Christ"
Repeat it seven times and as many times as you can in a day
Remember to be sincere
Fasting also helps to defeat the evil spirits
May God Bless you.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
well I would break it off entirely. I know that sounds odd. But if she is 'begging you to have premarital sex' she is not at the same spiritual level that a minister needs. Yeah it make take a minute to find another suitable partner. But don't rush to get married. Here is why, if she will sleep with you before marriage, then she will sleep with others after marriage. Marriage is not sacred anymore. If she will lie with you, she will lie to you. I messed up before marriage, but I repented and got out of that relationship. If she is not strong enough to be pure then she really is on a different spiritual level. Imagine walking up a staircase, and you are going to a higher place, and your girlfriend is behind you following you and stops in her maturity, and you have to stop too, and actually back track your progress to lift her up, you have to step down in order to get her up. Jesus does not want that for you. My first girlfriend taught me how to kiss, and got mad when I didn't persue kissing her initially, then I learned alot more than that. But we were both leaders in the youthgroup, and I got very physical, and she had to break up with me because I was so physical, but her youth pastor said that exact illustration. The thing is that I stayed in leadership, I went to Bible college and started teaching at our church, and have been to three countries on missions. That would have never happened if we just kept sinning, I would not have had my heart broken and been consoled with Christ's presence. It took another 20 years to overcome lust, but God had victory in my future. Believe me, there is alot more to lust, than just adultery, it can manifest in a host of ways. You want to nip this in the bud, get rid of her. You'll be absolutely glad you did. It may take years to realize it but God will bless your sacrifice. If you don't get rid of her, you can kiss your ministry and your whole witness, as well as your personal walk with the Lord Good bye.

We don’t have enough information about this woman or their relationship to decide whether or not they should marry. To say “if she will sleep with you before marriage, then she will sleep with others after marriage, Marriage is not sacred anymore, If she will lie with you, she will lie to you“, this is just a crazy assumption with no evidence to support it. This would also imply that he would sleep with others after marriage and he would lie to her also. It’s absolutely impossible to predict what will happen. My wife & I stumbled in premarital fornication as well and neither of us have ever cheated. Most successful marriages begin in premarital fornication. Very few are actually strong enough to overcome the temptation. Honestly your post seems to be comparing his righteousness to hers and yet they’ve both stumbled in the same sin together.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We don’t have enough information about this woman or their relationship to decide whether or not they should marry. To say “if she will sleep with you before marriage, then she will sleep with others after marriage, Marriage is not sacred anymore, If she will lie with you, she will lie to you“, this is just a crazy assumption with no evidence to support it. This would also imply that he would sleep with others after marriage and he would lie to her also. It’s absolutely impossible to predict what will happen. My wife & I stumbled in premarital fornication as well and neither of us have ever cheated. Most successful marriages begin in premarital fornication. Very few are actually strong enough to overcome the temptation. Honestly your post seems to be comparing his righteousness to hers and yet they’ve both stumbled in the same sin together.
sir, you can't debate what I have said, didn't you just read the moderator. Debate is simply disagreeing with other posters and not the OP directly. So I literally can't respond. I disagree highly with your post too, studies prove that if people are unfaithful before marriage they are more prone to unfaithfulness later. But you cannot debate me or others, you have to adress the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many, many years ago when I was the leader of a Recovery Bible Study (The Most Excellent Way) that had been strong long before I got there, I got involved in hankie spankie with my girlfriend. One night while driving to her house after leading a meeting I was hit hard with a message sent from above, God will not let you continue like this.

A short time later the study and group vanished.

For good reason
God seems to remove these unfaithful ones.

I have long since Repented
but, will never forget.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
FOLKS!!!! THIS SHOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW.
ADMIN HAT ON
Christian Advice Statement of Purpose
Christian advice is defined as advice which contains basic Christian principles that do not conflict with the site's Statement of Faith. We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints. Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the Christian Advice forum. If members would like to discuss/debate specific Christian theological doctrines, they should do so in one of the Theology forums.

All advice should be given in the spirit of love and humility, extending grace and respect towards one another in an effort to encourage and uplift the member seeking advice. We would like this forum to remain a safe place where Christians can request advice from other Christians without fear of being attacked. With this in mind, posts that chastise or belittle another member will be deleted and the member may be banned from the thread. Posts that debate rather than advise will also be deleted and the member may be banned from the thread. If you are banned from a thread and would like to discuss the situation with an Administrator, please open a ticket in support.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

If your feelings are so strong that you cannot keep your hands off of one another... go get married...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.