Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am not allowed to post threads, because I have no 5 likes "the stars in my profile". But you can give "likes" to my comments. This is also a comment.
I gave you a like. But I don't recall any waiting to post a thread, maybe I built enough likes my first day here.

• Winner
Reactions: joinfree
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 6 (World English Bible - Public Domain):

31 “Therefore don’t be anxious, saying, ‘What will we eat?’, ‘What will we drink?’ or, ‘With what will we be clothed?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first God’s Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore don’t be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day’s own evil is sufficient.

These words are from Christ's Sermon on the Mount. It may be good for a person to memorize this sermon found in Matthew 5-7.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Keep fearing God our Heavenly Father and keep up repentance of sins from your heart exactly as you have been doing while walking in Jesus Righteousness and giving out to others and you are well ahead of me

Jesus said to fear His Heavenly Father while turning to Him in repentance and you have received The Holy Spirit and flowing through you most powerfully!

It makes me cringe when people and Religious say don't fear God He loves us and there is nothing to fear He forgives us for everything and Jesus died for our sins and just to be joyous all is okay they say

If these people only knew what awaits us all in Gods strict Judgement including some Religious they would be repenting to Jesus from hearts weekly and or regularly as Jesus requested in His Holy Word and to His Hundreds of Saints Religious and lay people each century to avoid Gods wrath in His Judgement now and eternally

Only through repentance of sins in remorse to Jesus turning to Jesus in humility are we saved as Jesus has said in His Holy Word and to us through His Saints His Holy Sacred Rays of Precious Holy Blood cleanse our souls at Holy Confession every time in His Holy Will with The Holy Spirit from His Holy Divine Mercy Two Rays flowing From His Sacred Heart when a soul approaches His Fount of Mercy this is why it's essential for salvation to keep up regular confession prior to suddenly passing over to Jesus God and Holy Spirit Holy Ghost in judgement

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VeraJosefine

May 28, 2017
Tampere
✟15,353.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I might be young, but here's what I know:
Faith is not something, that you give to God. It's something, that God gives to you.
Faith is not supposed to be a burden, it's a relief.
If our salvation was up to our behavior or our faith, we would all be going to hell, but God in His mercy gave salvation to us as a gift, and all we need to do is accept it.
(I'm sorry, if that didn't make any sense. English is not my native language)

Upvote 0

paul becke

Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,184.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
If you don't mind me commenting on a pattern I've noticed on CF. This fear of Hell is causing all kinds of problems for those seeking advice. Christianity is here to help us to be happier now and in the next life. Its OK to be God fearing but when it reaches obsessive levels, when people have constant terror of eternal damnation, I seriously doubt its value.
I really think some people aren't psychologically suited to hearing all the doctrine of the Church. That's my honest view. And as Christian witnesses, I think we have a responsibility not to emphasise such doctrine.

Agreed, Paul. I think that unless they liev like St John Vianney (hilariously turning down the offer of some bread, saying that a crust would be too good for him ! ), the Protestant leaders responsible for instilling such fear into children - and we remain more or less children until our late twenties, early thirties - will have a lot to answer for. Actually, in God's eyes we seem to remain children all our lives, as the Romanian NDEer, Gavril Barnut, intimated, saying that after his visit to the heavenly realms, everyone looked like children to him, even the doctor. I had a strange religious experience, after which, for a while, I felt the same. In fact, the elderly toffs particularly so, since they dress very smartly, as if their mothers had taken great pains to see that they looked immaculate, and maybe wiped their nose, before they set off for wherever !

Upvote 0

paul becke

Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,184.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Keep fearing God our Heavenly Father and keep up repentance of sins from your heart exactly as you have been doing while walking in Jesus Righteousness and giving out to others and you are well ahead of me

Jesus said to fear His Heavenly Father while turning to Him in repentance and you have received The Holy Spirit and flowing through you most powerfully!

It makes me cringe when people and Religious say don't fear God He loves us and there is nothing to fear He forgives us for everything and Jesus died for our sins and just to be joyous all is okay they say

If these people only knew what awaits us all in Gods strict Judgement including some Religious they would be repenting to Jesus from hearts weekly and or regularly as Jesus requested in His Holy Word and to His Hundreds of Saints Religious and lay people each century to avoid Gods wrath in His Judgement now and eternally

Only through repentance of sins in remorse to Jesus turning to Jesus in humility are we saved as Jesus has said in His Holy Word and to us through His Saints His Holy Sacred Rays of Precious Holy Blood cleanse our souls at Holy Confession every time in His Holy Will with The Holy Spirit from His Holy Divine Mercy Two Rays flowing From His Sacred Heart when a soul approaches His Fount of Mercy this is why it's essential for salvation to keep up regular confession prior to suddenly passing over to Jesus God and Holy Spirit Holy Ghost in judgement

It's mainly a Protestant problem for the reason you imply. The peace that passeth understanding we get from Confession they cannot share in without acknowledgenment of the sacrament.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right now I'm kind of freaking out. I am afraid that I do not have the Holy Spirit/ghost. I'm very worried that my repentance is out of fear and that my coming to Christ was not a calling from God, but me trying to save myself. Come to think of it when I did come to God I was very afraid of hell and I still am. There have been times where I have been filled with joy and happy to serve the Lord because of how overjoyed and sure I was with Peace knowing that I was saved. I have aknowledged that I am a sinner and I need God to forgive me through Jesus's sacrifice on the cross. I know that I have to trust him and have faith in him for my salvation. I believe in Jesus but I can't tell if my belief is real or not, I have faith in Jesus but I don't know if it's real or not. I've sought to live according to God's will and I've definitely produced some fruit, I've also turned away from a lot of sin in my life and have asked jesus to help me overcome sin daily. I constantly pray to God in prayer thanking him for the trials he puts me through and I hope that this is just one of them. I am worried sick that I do not actually have the Holy Spirit and that all the things that I've been doing have just been my feeble attempts at saving myself and that God has not called me at all but my stupid, mortal, sefish, horrible, sick, twisted mind has lead me to God as a sort of safety net for insurance. I want to be sincere and I want to serve God but I'm just so afraid that he hasn't really called me and the fact that I'm putting so much effort into learning about God, doing what his word says, turning away from sin, and praying to him is just proof that I am not sincere and that my efforts is attempt to overcompensate. I'm crying while writing this because it's so sad to think about god just looking at me shaking his head in disgrace at me because I wasn't one of the elect that he has called to him and he hasn't granted me the gift of repentance and faith for salvation because it's not his will to save me. I know God is sovereign and just to choose who he hardens and who he has mercy but serving to glorify god is extremely hard with the end destination of my fight of faith being second death. I have spread the gospel to people even when I really was embarrassed and scared for awkwardness and even brought my friend to faith in Christ but it's so hard to serve with this constant fear that God condems me. I call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and God to forgive me and rescue me daily, I aknowledge that I'm sinner daily, I ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit daily, but I just feel like the fact that I still struggle with the feelings of unrest, uncertainty, and condemnation shows that God has handed me over to my own terrible twisted mind and that my purpose is not to be a child of God, but a vehicle for God's wrath as desribed in romans 9. I go through feelings of not doing enough to please God and that I have to be more obedient to feelings that I am trusting too much in myself and not enough on grace. I feel horrible and have gone from panic mode to sheer sadness and tears while writing this. Please help me. Tell me the truth about what you all think and not just stuff to make me feel better please.
:prayer::prayer::prayer:
56dcc28e9b59f09d98ba7db44300b7e8.jpg

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the guy must do his part in this Love-relationship with Jesus. Be aware, guy! Soon from "I need you, guys" would become "I need you, the theistic gays", if you won't trust Jesus'es way.
What?

Upvote 0

Jope

Apr 30, 2013
✟8,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Right now I'm kind of freaking out. I am afraid that I do not have the Holy Spirit/ghost. I'm very worried that my repentance is out of fear and that my coming to Christ was not a calling from God, but me trying to save myself. Come to think of it when I did come to God I was very afraid of hell and I still am. There have been times where I have been filled with joy and happy to serve the Lord because of how overjoyed and sure I was with Peace knowing that I was saved. I have aknowledged that I am a sinner and I need God to forgive me through Jesus's sacrifice on the cross. I know that I have to trust him and have faith in him for my salvation. I believe in Jesus but I can't tell if my belief is real or not, I have faith in Jesus but I don't know if it's real or not. I've sought to live according to God's will and I've definitely produced some fruit, I've also turned away from a lot of sin in my life and have asked jesus to help me overcome sin daily. I constantly pray to God in prayer thanking him for the trials he puts me through and I hope that this is just one of them. I am worried sick that I do not actually have the Holy Spirit and that all the things that I've been doing have just been my feeble attempts at saving myself and that God has not called me at all but my stupid, mortal, sefish, horrible, sick, twisted mind has lead me to God as a sort of safety net for insurance. I want to be sincere and I want to serve God but I'm just so afraid that he hasn't really called me and the fact that I'm putting so much effort into learning about God, doing what his word says, turning away from sin, and praying to him is just proof that I am not sincere and that my efforts is attempt to overcompensate. I'm crying while writing this because it's so sad to think about god just looking at me shaking his head in disgrace at me because I wasn't one of the elect that he has called to him and he hasn't granted me the gift of repentance and faith for salvation because it's not his will to save me. I know God is sovereign and just to choose who he hardens and who he has mercy but serving to glorify god is extremely hard with the end destination of my fight of faith being second death. I have spread the gospel to people even when I really was embarrassed and scared for awkwardness and even brought my friend to faith in Christ but it's so hard to serve with this constant fear that God condems me. I call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and God to forgive me and rescue me daily, I aknowledge that I'm sinner daily, I ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit daily, but I just feel like the fact that I still struggle with the feelings of unrest, uncertainty, and condemnation shows that God has handed me over to my own terrible twisted mind and that my purpose is not to be a child of God, but a vehicle for God's wrath as desribed in romans 9. I go through feelings of not doing enough to please God and that I have to be more obedient to feelings that I am trusting too much in myself and not enough on grace. I feel horrible and have gone from panic mode to sheer sadness and tears while writing this. Please help me. Tell me the truth about what you all think and not just stuff to make me feel better please.

Upvote 0

Jope

Apr 30, 2013
✟8,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what you mean by praying constantly. If you can spend just one hour a day in prayer,the Spirit of God will give you assurance. That's a guarantee. The other thing that can rob your peace a a secret sin. God has called us to santification.You defineley need to solve this problem through sincere prayer. The word of God does not lie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chihwahli

Apr 29, 2012
✟20,987.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have faith:
You responded on Gods good message

You repented:
You repented, that is enough. Either out of fear for hell or any other reason is good enough for God.
For God said in the bible: John 3:16. For God loved this world so much that He has given His only Son, So who ever accepts His son will not die, but have eternal live. The only thing you can do now is show God by your actions , with love, that you mean what you said. For true repentance is also seen in your actions.

As you ask Jesus to help you, it will become easier in some areas , but in other areas you will sense
other things might become more difficult, but not impossible , because the Holy Spirit will help you.

Drop the useless fear that you are not good enough, repented wrong, etc, etc. The only fear you should have is that God almighty can destroy anyone's soul. So mighty is He. But that is not the part of Gods personality that God the Father focuses upon. God the Father shows His loving side always.
Only to demonic evil demons and demon worshiping people he might show His angry side with all its hatred for sin.

see to it that you learn how can live day by day in Gods rest. Hebrews 4.
For if you can enter into His rest, it does not matter if the world is shaking and thundering. few thousand die left and right of you. When you are in His rest, you stand upon the Rock , Jesus Himself, and enything can fall, but anyone on Jesus, will prevail and keep standing until the moment God pulls you to heaven for eternity.

When you are in His rest, the 2nd step is to find out what your lives purpose is. What does God want with your live on earth. Did any prophet tell you?? Double check with several prophets to see if they all tell things in the same direction. Then you will know if it is truth or lie.

Prayer for you:
All mighty and lovely Jesus, You died for Him so that flipflop2234 will live eternally. Teach him to have fear of the lord, but any other fear that is from the flesh, help him to get rid of it. For perfect love casts out fear.Thank you Lord. While you are at it. Reveal to flipflop2234 what it is that he ought to do for you, while he is still among the living. For you God have good plans with flipflop2234. Plans to prosper flipflop2234, so that he becomes a big blessing for the people around him.
This I and the Holy Spirit in me pray. In Jesus name amen

Upvote 0

Jope

Apr 30, 2013
✟8,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If you don't mind me commenting on a pattern I've noticed on CF. This fear of Hell is causing all kinds of problems for those seeking advice. Christianity is here to help us to be happier now and in the next life. Its OK to be God fearing but when it reaches obsessive levels, when people have constant terror of eternal damnation, I seriously doubt its value.
I really think some people aren't psychologically suited to hearing all the doctrine of the Church. That's my honest view. And as Christian witnesses, I think we have a responsibility not to emphasise such doctrine.
Giving comfort to those that are perishing may end up costing you dearly. In times of

revival,there were many christians who fell under the conviction of the Spirit and realized that
they were not saved at all.
In a world were most people are hellbound ,we need to tell the whole truth.

Here is the word of God:

"Tremble and do not sin"
Psalm 4 v4

"Work out your salvation with fear and trembling"
Philipians 2: 12-13

"For our God is a consuming fire."
Hebrews 12:29

"I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things SHALL NOT inherit the kingdom of God."
Galatians 5:21

Upvote 0

Weaser999

Feb 3, 2014
✟8,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

You may have doubts which many if us have from time to time. In times like that I like to remember the apostle Peter. He denied Jesus 3x out of fear. He later was told by Jesus "get behind me Satan". In the end Jesus entrusted him and Peter was given great responsibility. God looks at your heart and not your failings. If you love Jesus and those around you, you have nothing to worry about. Dont let Satan try to tell you otherwise. Once you accept Christ, you are sealed and marked as His for eternity.

Upvote 0

surrender1

Jun 1, 2011
✟20,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The doctrine that says God chooses only some and discards others is pure evil. Clearly, as we see this disgusting lie is making you feel this horrible way when you are a child of God! I don't know if you're a parent, but there is no good earthly parent who'd ever reject their child. And earthly fathers are certainly no better than Father God. The doctrine of hell is a pack of lies, too, but that's another story.

Upvote 0

REM

California Christian Conservative
May 24, 2017
West Coast
✟2,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's as simple as this:
Romans 10:9
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved".

You are only saved once and like the Passover, Christ's blood on the cross makes you sinless in the eyes of God. Never forget that. The true Baptism is the Holy Spirit filling you. Now get immersed in God's Word and that my friend is found in the KJV. Also be a doer of God's Word.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roseonathorn

Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So You fear the Lord? Or do You fear the devil more? If You fear the devil and the Lord You have to chose Your master but You cannot serve both. You need to be sure You want to follow the Lord God, stand Your ground, Give Your life to God, Jesus paid the price for Your sins and don't let the devil steal that from You. Get dressed for battle every day in Your mind. You can read about that too in the bible. Write it out on a sheet of paper and carry it with You and when You feel hysteria or panic go over those bibleverses of take upon the shield of faith and so on. If You are sick with a depression or beginning of a panicattack that has a physical explanation You should see a physician or therapist to discuss the problem and find some solution. Panicattacks can come from certain medications too.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Flipflop2234 this may seem like a silly question but.. in what you posted was there FEAR? Ok Now the bible GODS WORD that YES is written by HIM that He has not give YOU the spirit of fear. That in its self should explain SO much.

Being saved is not based on how you feel. So say John 3:16.. answer it.. Rom 10:9-10. Do you BELIEVE that, the verses I just posted? Then you are saved. If you said them before YOU ARE HIS! See its not based on how you feel or if you did something wrong aka SIN. If so you as John told us..go to HIM repent and He is FAITHFUL meaning we dont have to WONDER GUESS HOPE that HE MIGHT keep His word. NO! He is faithful.. meaning HE will every time. So yeah.. in His eyes.. He knows your being attacked by the enemy for something HE DOES NOT REMEMBER! (if you confessed your sins). He then forgives you and cleanses you form ALL unrighteousness. ALL

And if HE is for us who can be against us? This is written. He told us in His word "I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you". So as BAD as yo think you are or can ever be. He does not leave. He left Heaven for YOU! Yes like it or not believe it or not He left heaven to earth died on the cross THINKING ABOUT YOU! There was NO WAY He was going to just watch. This was all planned from the start. To SAVE YOU!

"And if you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask". Just like the rest.. if you just DO what HE said.. ASK God GIVES period.

You ok.. See ANYONE that comes to Christ? Yeah.. HE KEEPS! Does not let go.. cant drop ya. Your in His arms and He is NOT letting go. You may FEEL like what you do or say will cause Him to not like you or look down on you. But He is not like us. See He loves you. If you fall He picks you up. If you get mad say really bad evil things..and about HIm? He loves you.. holds you. If you laugh.. He is laughing with you. If you cry.. He crys with you. And not like people in this world. He feels He knows ALL you go through. And EVERYONE EVERYTHING in His creation can leave you.. He never will.

So rejoice! Your ok.. just dont let FEELINGS rule you. If its WRITTEN in HIS word. Like Fear? Then say HIS word! You say NO! God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind! FAITH! Just take HIM at HIS word

Upvote 0

Markicj

Jan 1, 2005
✟15,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Proverbs 3:5-6... Living Bible (TLB)
4-5 If you want favor with both God and man, and a reputation for good judgment and common sense, then trust the Lord completely; don’t ever trust yourself. 6 In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.

7-8 Don’t be conceited, sure of your own wisdom. Instead, trust and reverence the Lord, and turn your back on evil; when you do that, then you will be given renewed health and vitality.
trust in the lord=“to have confidence IN GOD"........ SHALOM ICJ (IN CHRIST JESUS)...

Romans 5-8
Romans 4Romans 9

Romans 5-8Living Bible (TLB)
5 So now, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith in his promises, we can have real peace with him because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 For because of our faith, he has brought us into this place of highest privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to actually becoming all that God has had in mind for us to be.

3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us—they help us learn to be patient. 4 And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady. 5 Then, when that happens, we are able to hold our heads high no matter what happens and know that all is well, for we know how dearly God loves us, and we feel this warm love everywhere within us because God has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

6 When we were utterly helpless, with no way of escape, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners who had no use for him. 7 Even if we were good, we really wouldn’t expect anyone to die for us, though, of course, that might be barely possible. 8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 9 And since by his blood he did all this for us as sinners, how much more will he do for us now that he has declared us not guilty? Now he will save us from all of God’s wrath to come. 10 And since, when we were his enemies, we were brought back to God by the death of his Son, what blessings he must have for us now that we are his friends and he is living within us!

11 Now we rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God—all because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done in dying for our sins—making us friends of God.

12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. His sin spread death throughout all the world, so everything began to grow old and die, for all sinned. 13 We know that it was Adam’s sin that caused this because although, of course, people were sinning from the time of Adam until Moses, God did not in those days judge them guilty of death for breaking his laws—because he had not yet given his laws to them nor told them what he wanted them to do. 14 So when their bodies died it was not for their own sins since they themselves had never disobeyed God’s special law against eating the forbidden fruit, as Adam had.

What a contrast between Adam and Christ who was yet to come! 15 And what a difference between man’s sin and God’s forgiveness!

For this one man, Adam, brought death to many through his sin. But this one man, Jesus Christ, brought forgiveness to many through God’s mercy. 16 Adam’s one sin brought the penalty of death to many, while Christ freely takes away many sins and gives glorious life instead. 17 The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to be king over all, but all who will take God’s gift of forgiveness and acquittal are kings of lifebecause of this one man, Jesus Christ. 18 Yes, Adam’s sin brought punishment to all, but Christ’s righteousness makes men right with God, so that they can live. 19 Adam caused many to be sinners because he disobeyed God, and Christ caused many to be made acceptable to God because he obeyed.

20 The Ten Commandments were given so that all could see the extent of their failure to obey God’s laws. But the more we see our sinfulness, the more we see God’s abounding grace forgiving us. 21 Before, sin ruled over all men and brought them to death, but now God’s kindness rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

6 Well then, shall we keep on sinning so that God can keep on showing us more and more kindness and forgiveness?

2-3 Of course NOT....

Upvote 0