flipflop2234

Feb 24, 2017
United States
✟17,087.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Do you look forward to when Jesus Christ returns?
If, so then there is already a crown laid up for you
in heaven.

2 Timothy 4:8
"...unto them also that love His appearing."

A mansion is being prepared - John 14
"In My Father's house are many mansions..."

It sounds like you are no longer a babe in Christ but
a meat eater of the word.

Hebrews 6:10
"For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and
labour of love which ye have shewed toward His name..."
Well I fear he may cast me out and judge me but I don't know if that's true

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Right now I'm kind of freaking out. I am afraid that I do not have the Holy Spirit/ghost. I'm very worried that my repentance is out of fear and that my coming to Christ was not a calling from God, but me trying to save myself. Come to think of it when I did come to God I was very afraid of hell and I still am. There have been times where I have been filled with joy and happy to serve the Lord because of how overjoyed and sure I was with Peace knowing that I was saved. I have aknowledged that I am a sinner and I need God to forgive me through Jesus's sacrifice on the cross. I know that I have to trust him and have faith in him for my salvation. I believe in Jesus but I can't tell if my belief is real or not, I have faith in Jesus but I don't know if it's real or not. I've sought to live according to God's will and I've definitely produced some fruit, I've also turned away from a lot of sin in my life and have asked jesus to help me overcome sin daily. I constantly pray to God in prayer thanking him for the trials he puts me through and I hope that this is just one of them. I am worried sick that I do not actually have the Holy Spirit and that all the things that I've been doing have just been my feeble attempts at saving myself and that God has not called me at all but my stupid, mortal, sefish, horrible, sick, twisted mind has lead me to God as a sort of safety net for insurance. I want to be sincere and I want to serve God but I'm just so afraid that he hasn't really called me and the fact that I'm putting so much effort into learning about God, doing what his word says, turning away from sin, and praying to him is just proof that I am not sincere and that my efforts is attempt to overcompensate. I'm crying while writing this because it's so sad to think about god just looking at me shaking his head in disgrace at me because I wasn't one of the elect that he has called to him and he hasn't granted me the gift of repentance and faith for salvation because it's not his will to save me. I know God is sovereign and just to choose who he hardens and who he has mercy but serving to glorify god is extremely hard with the end destination of my fight of faith being second death. I have spread the gospel to people even when I really was embarrassed and scared for awkwardness and even brought my friend to faith in Christ but it's so hard to serve with this constant fear that God condems me. I call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and God to forgive me and rescue me daily, I aknowledge that I'm sinner daily, I ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit daily, but I just feel like the fact that I still struggle with the feelings of unrest, uncertainty, and condemnation shows that God has handed me over to my own terrible twisted mind and that my purpose is not to be a child of God, but a vehicle for God's wrath as desribed in romans 9. I go through feelings of not doing enough to please God and that I have to be more obedient to feelings that I am trusting too much in myself and not enough on grace. I feel horrible and have gone from panic mode to sheer sadness and tears while writing this. Please help me. Tell me the truth about what you all think and not just stuff to make me feel better please.
Let me just ask this, have you been watching videos on hell lately or anything similar to that, like spiritual warfare information, end times movies etc ?

If so, you might just be freaking on it, or satan is doing a number on you. I agree with the poster to first get rid of that old devil in the name of Jesus. Say it right out loud, he is already defeated and if you are saved, he has to flee.

Then download or save a PDF of Romans Road. It's a directive of scriptures in Romans leading you to salvation but it's worth a refresher in a case like this.

Do you have a pastor you can get counsel from ?

Let us know how you make out.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right now I'm kind of freaking out. I am afraid that I do not have the Holy Spirit/ghost. I'm very worried that my repentance is out of fear and that my coming to Christ was not a calling from God, but me trying to save myself. Come to think of it when I did come to God I was very afraid of hell and I still am. There have been times where I have been filled with joy and happy to serve the Lord because of how overjoyed and sure I was with Peace knowing that I was saved. I have aknowledged that I am a sinner and I need God to forgive me through Jesus's sacrifice on the cross. I know that I have to trust him and have faith in him for my salvation. I believe in Jesus but I can't tell if my belief is real or not, I have faith in Jesus but I don't know if it's real or not. I've sought to live according to God's will and I've definitely produced some fruit, I've also turned away from a lot of sin in my life and have asked jesus to help me overcome sin daily. I constantly pray to God in prayer thanking him for the trials he puts me through and I hope that this is just one of them. I am worried sick that I do not actually have the Holy Spirit and that all the things that I've been doing have just been my feeble attempts at saving myself and that God has not called me at all but my stupid, mortal, sefish, horrible, sick, twisted mind has lead me to God as a sort of safety net for insurance. I want to be sincere and I want to serve God but I'm just so afraid that he hasn't really called me and the fact that I'm putting so much effort into learning about God, doing what his word says, turning away from sin, and praying to him is just proof that I am not sincere and that my efforts is attempt to overcompensate. I'm crying while writing this because it's so sad to think about god just looking at me shaking his head in disgrace at me because I wasn't one of the elect that he has called to him and he hasn't granted me the gift of repentance and faith for salvation because it's not his will to save me. I know God is sovereign and just to choose who he hardens and who he has mercy but serving to glorify god is extremely hard with the end destination of my fight of faith being second death. I have spread the gospel to people even when I really was embarrassed and scared for awkwardness and even brought my friend to faith in Christ but it's so hard to serve with this constant fear that God condems me. I call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and God to forgive me and rescue me daily, I aknowledge that I'm sinner daily, I ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit daily, but I just feel like the fact that I still struggle with the feelings of unrest, uncertainty, and condemnation shows that God has handed me over to my own terrible twisted mind and that my purpose is not to be a child of God, but a vehicle for God's wrath as desribed in romans 9. I go through feelings of not doing enough to please God and that I have to be more obedient to feelings that I am trusting too much in myself and not enough on grace. I feel horrible and have gone from panic mode to sheer sadness and tears while writing this. Please help me. Tell me the truth about what you all think and not just stuff to make me feel better please.
I pray that my comment may bring you peace. If you include the Apocrypha, I think that the phrase "The Fear of The Lord" is written 51 times.

Prov.1

1. [7] The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
However,

1John.4
  1. [18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
I can definitely see that you are in great pain.

1John.1 Verses 9 to 10

1. [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    [10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Rom.3
  1. [10] As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
  2. [12] They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Matt.19

1. [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Christ Himself didn't consider Himself to be good. Where does that leave any of us? One of my favorite Verses in The Bible for comfort follows;

Matt.12
  1. [20] A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
Christ is The Great Physician and we know that we need to be healed. We know that without Him there is no hope. Thank God The Father for His Word our Lord and Savior Jesus The Christ.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Take your concerns to God in prayer and He will give you His answer, in His time. I fully expect He will assure you that your salvation is certain and your are His beloved.

Upvote 0

frettr00

Finding peace where I am
Aug 10, 2004
✟38,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are in my prayers. God is always there for you—both in His Word, the Holy Bible and through prayer. Our God is full of justice and mercy. Here are some more verses, in addition to the many others have shared with you here today. Paul reminds us in Romans 10:9 that our salvation is secure when we become disciples of Jesus. The Psalmist describes the humble fear God expects.
  • Romans 10:9 — 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
God commands us to fear Him (Psalms 147:10-11). He says He takes pleasure in us when we fear Him.
  • Psalms 147:10-11 — 10 He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man. 11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear Him, in those that hope in His mercy.
The fear that brings God pleasure is not due to our being afraid of Him. God wants us to have a humble fear of Him. God expects us to have a fear based on a highest view of Him, standing in awe (Psalms 33:8), with an exalted, reverent view of Him as the Almighty God.
  • Psalms 33:8 — 8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
To fear our Lord is to stand in awe of His majesty. To fear our Lord is to see His awesome power, wisdom, justice, and mercy. It's a humble fear, especially in Christ. Look at the life of Jesus, His death and resurrection—that is, to have an exalted view of our Heavenly Father. To see God in all his glory and then respond to him appropriately. To humble ourselves before him—to adore him. That is the humble fear our God desires and deserves.

God understands our prayers even when we struggle to find the words to say them.

Psalms 106:48 – Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beaker

Jan 31, 2008
South Western Ontario
✟32,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call." (Joel 2:32)

NOTE, the "whosoever" - doesn't matter who you are or what you have done; and the "shall be delivered" not MAY be, but SHALL or WILL be. We ALL have our times of doubt and falling away, but HE has ever open arms to welcome us back.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Its not wrong to repent out of fear. We grow and eventually get past fear.
save some with compassion and others with fear.
therefore knowing the TERROR of the LORD we persuade men.
Now give this a spiritiual mule kick. Look at some of those men , when peter put the fear of GOD in them about killing JESUS
they said, WHAT SHALL WE DO..............and peter said REPENT and be baptized.
Peter put the whole lot of fear on simeon.........and that man was so feared he went in lightning fast repentance mode.
that is the problem with today. No knowledge, no wisdom of GOD
the knowledge of God. the fear of GOD is to depart from evil.
However this person needs to cease from this mindset. The enemy has been allowed to strike his mind.
my advice, repent of whatever evil you are doing . Sin besets us . and man the enemy can work on a mind that is beset.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
nothing here.
I have one thing to say to all. OF all the research I did , looking for a group that most resembled the early church.
I researched from martin all the way down. sadly in parts they fell short.
but one group , one group from days long gone by, was right on in doctrine and practice.
ANABAPTIST. though the group had bad seeds too.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
a good word just came to me.
COMMIT thy works unto the LORD and thy THOUGHTS shall be established.
SOAK this in. cause it came real clear to me to share with you.

Reactions: mreeed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feelings

See that is what Satan would like you to believe

That in order for you to be secure in your faith it must be based on how you feel or don't feel

When indeed faith (if it is mature steadfast faith) isn't based on lower carnal emotions at all

When everything is going well faith isn't questioned.

It's when things aren't going so well that we oftentimes do more than what is really required of us

Resting in HIM and trusting in
HIM

THAT's FAITH

Because it's directed on HIM and it's based in HIM, and who HE is

We changee. It's our own spirit with in us ( our heart and our mind) that becomes restless everything is well and I feel I am on a cloud I have fsirhwhen actually during these times it's really easy to have faith

Because when things don't go well, it isn't GOD who changes. It's us. Because we can't "see" our faith. We are more busy searching out what happened because it doesn't feel comfortable, because tjjnhs aren't going just exactly the way we want it to

But it's in these times that validations of our faith by how based on CHRIST alone
satan would love for us to believe that our faith is dependent on how we feel

It's not

We walk by faith and not by sight

Not by a faith dictated at all based on our lower carnal senses

When things are pleasing
When things are going well
When we see where our feet are taking us
When the road is even
That is when it is easy to have and to show faith

But
When things aren't pleasing
When things aren't going so well
When we can't see where our feet are taking us and the road ahead appears to be bumpy, uneven and everything but easy,
That is when it is more difficult to show faith

And yet, it is in these times that true and mature and steadfast faith is manifested

A faith not based on how we feel but a faith directed in and on CHRIST JESUS alone

That is faith
Sometimes we are taken through trials and tests of our faith so that our faith (more precious than gold though tried in the gote) will rest entirely in and on HIM and prove genuine resulting in HIS GLORY and praise

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Truth Never Dies

Nov 10, 2016
Gwent
✟12,591.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
If you don't mind me commenting on a pattern I've noticed on CF. This fear of Hell is causing all kinds of problems for those seeking advice. Christianity is here to help us to be happier now and in the next life. Its OK to be God fearing but when it reaches obsessive levels, when people have constant terror of eternal damnation, I seriously doubt its value.
I really think some people aren't psychologically suited to hearing all the doctrine of the Church. That's my honest view. And as Christian witnesses, I think we have a responsibility not to emphasise such doctrine.
Jesus commanded us to fear God, he love sus but we are still to fear him, follow the narrow strict path or be cut off and tossed into the fire.. soo yeah this feel good stuff aint that useful :p

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Most of us come to the Lord our of fear of the Almighty. Such a holy fear is also godly. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the Lord is understanding" (Proverbs 9:10, Psalm 111:10, Proverbs 1:7). But as our walk with the Lord matures, we become His friends (John 15:15-17, Psalm 25:14) and the fear is more out of respect than dread. Hope that helps. God bless :).

Reactions: Joy
Upvote 0