Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says otherwise in the verse that speaks of that sin. Jesus teachings always lead back to Him and Paul’s teachings always look forward to Him. There is no condemnation in that.
Wait what? Im confused are you saying that is or it isnt the unpardonable sin?

Upvote 0

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 12:30
The Unpardonable Sin
30He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemywill be forgiven men, but the blasphemy againstthe Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.…
Im sorry i still dont know what your trying to say?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you guys think saying 1 corinthians 12:3 is committing the unpardonable sin? Do you think that is the unpardonable sin?? I need you guys opinions?

To say that Jesus is 'anathema' could be an expression of the unpardonable sin, BUT I think it would depend on the actual state of mind of the person who may say such a thing.

We should keep in mind that there is a difference between an angry or upset person who might shout out, "Lord, do you care--I'm not sure you're worth my time?!" versus an evil person who devises in his own heart to thoroughly and unequivocally reject and devalue Jesus. In the first case, the person might yet still repent. In the second case, such as was seen with some of the Pharisees in the Gospels, they were of a state of mind that was so bad they said Jesus was "full of demons."

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wherefore I make known unto you, that no man speaking in the Spirit of God saith, Jesus is anathema; and no man can say, Jesus is Lord, but in the Holy Spirit.

I think this verse is just showing how the more fundamental reality is the spirit and not the outer appearance of things.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think it depends on your current understanding of who Jesus is. If you've been taught he's the devilish creature then no. But if you've felt Jesus in the spirit and got to know him then maybe.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it depends on your current understanding of who Jesus is. If you've been taught he's the devilish creature then no. But if you've felt Jesus in the spirit and got to know him then maybe.
Why do u say that? Why do u think this is the unforgiveable sin possibly?

Upvote 0

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To say that Jesus is 'anathema' could be an expression of the unpardonable sin, BUT I think it would depend on the actual state of mind of the person who may say such a thing.

We should keep in mind that there is a difference between an angry or upset person who might shout out, "Lord, do you care--I'm not sure you're worth my time?!" versus an evil person who devises in his own heart to thoroughly and unequivocally reject and devalue Jesus. In the first case, the person might yet still repent. In the second case, such as was seen with some of the Pharisees in the Gospels, they were of a state of mind that was so bad they said Jesus was "full of demons."
So u think its the unpardonable sin? Saying it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why do u say that? Why do u think this is the unforgiveable sin possibly?

If you know God thru the Holy Spirit then blasphemy against Him is unpardonable in my opinion, I think others might disagree, but I error on the safe side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you guys think saying 1 corinthians 12:3 is committing the unpardonable sin? Do you think that is the unpardonable sin?? I need you guys opinions?
Don't worry, if you are worried that you have committed the unforgivable sin, then it's proof that you haven't committed it because someone who committed it doesn't care because they are rejecting God and they don't want Him. If you want God then you haven't done it. God really loves you.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have written an article on what the Unpardonable Sin is all about see Is there an unpardonable sin, what is blasphemy of the holy spirit.

But basically what you have mentioned is not the Unpardonable Sin. The bible tells us "as it is appointed form man to die once so Christ died once for sin", our whole life time of sins is covered by the act of Jesus on the cross. The unpardonable sin is related to a condition of heart that is no longer responsive to the message of the gospel, a heart that is willing to do or say anything to deny the cross, including calling Jesus works a devil. There is no one sin that is "technically" unpardonable, all sin is pardonable. The cross covers it, a life for a life.

Upvote 0

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you know God thru the Holy Spirit then blasphemy against Him is unpardonable in my opinion, I think others might disagree, but I error on the safe side.
No I agree I believe that if you know him and you commit blasphemy that is unpardonable but my thing is do you think that scripture is specifically the unpardonable sin?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No I agree I believe that if you know him and you commit blasphemy that is unpardonable but my thing is do you think that scripture is specifically the unpardonable sin?

Well I believe you have to turn against God fully for it to be unpardonable. But like I said I error on the side of caution.

But yes that is what Satan does. Dislikes Jesus the Christ. So in heart it would be similar to Satan who is not forgiven ever. If someone said that in their heart or words I would surely try to repent rather sooner than later. It may end up being unforgivable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I believe you have to turn against God fully for it to be unpardonable. But like I said I error on the side of caution.

But yes that is what Satan does. Dislikes Jesus the Christ. So in heart it would be similar to Satan who is not forgiven ever. If someone said that in their heart or words I would surely try to repent rather sooner than later. It may end up being unforgivable.
But do you think just by saying that , that its unforgiveable because u said it??

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But do you think just by saying that , that its unforgiveable because u said it??

All I can say is that it is what Satan does. And when we do what Satan does we are an enemy to God.

There are others that don't get pardoned and end up in the lake of fire that made themselves enemies to God. The point of the unpardonable sin is that it cannot be forgiven.

I would consider that it is unpardonable in the long run and steer clear of it, since it will likely lead to the lake of fire in my opinion.

In other words it at least leads to the unpardonable sin.

Upvote 0

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All I can say is that it is what Satan does. And when we do what Satan does we are an enemy to God.

There are others that don't get pardoned and end up in the lake of fire that made themselves enemies to God. The point of the unpardonable sin is that it cannot be forgiven.

I would consider that it is unpardonable in the long run and steer clear of it, since it will likely lead to the lake of fire in my opinion.

In other words it at least leads to the unpardonable sin.
The thing is I said that quote by accident , some people say its not the unpardonable sin because its mentioning jesus & it isnt speaking on the holy spirit & its unpardonable when ur speaking on the holy spirit

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The thing is I said that quote by accident , some people say its not the unpardonable sin because its mentioning jesus & it isnt speaking on the holy spirit & its unpardonable when ur speaking on the holy spirit

I would think that is forgivable. There are mentally ill people that have blasphemous thoughts and can't help it and I fully believe they are not accountable. So the point is accidentally saying it or being angry with God is also forgivable. But hopefully those angry with God repent and turn to God so he can offer the forgiveness. God loves us.

Upvote 0

Serenity Armstead

Oct 25, 2018
Milwaukee
✟25,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would think that is forgivable. There are mentally ill people that have blasphemous thoughts and can't help it and I fully believe they are not accountable. So the point is accidentally saying it or being angry with God is also forgivable. But hopefully those angry with God repent and turn to God so he can offer the forgiveness. God loves us.
I dont think so thoe I think you are right I think when we say it we are no longer Gods but why do you think just saying that is unforgiveable? Because the actual unforgiveable scripture is mark 3:28, why do u think saying that would be unforgiveable?

Upvote 0