• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need some help with this

rbs70

Mar 22, 2005
Indiana Pa
✟301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi all
My name is Brian and I was just surfing the net looking for answers. Heres my problem.....
I still live at home with my parents and at 26 people are starting to talk. I dont have much of a life other than my home life and now that is going south. It all started with my little sister(a non-christian) She was always Favorit growing up she didnt get punished for what she did and now she is very wild. She has always had trouble with guys. Always dateing trash and lazy druggys. Mom and dad have tried to help her and show her what they were truely like but she got mad and at the age of 19 moved out and continued with this behaveure. A year later she turned into the prodical son and came back, and just like the story we took her back no questions asked. Now she is still with the same guy and you can tell that it isnt working out. They want to get married but have already had two ministers turn them down, saying that they are too young both in body and mind.
One day my mother and I went to town and when we got home we found my sister and her boyfriend fighting outside(and I mean physical fighting) she had him on the ground and beating him. Mom and I turned a blind eye to it hopeing that it was the end but they then came into the house and started again. I tried to calm them down but got a punch to the back of the head for my troubles. I didnt hit her back but walked out so not to lower myself to hitting a girl.
I come back after an hour and things have calmed down and they were still there but up in her room now and that was where they stayed untill he left at 10 pm. This all started at about 1pm.
So now that you have some background there is my problem. The house is in a constaint state of choas with her there. Mom and dad love her a lot and dont want her to leave. I cant stand too much more of this. And add on top of this money problems and problems over at church(the church is tierd of dealing with this problem even the pastor). I am an optimist but my perents are pessamists. Its just getting to be too much and my thought turn to God and how he can let this go on. I am a christian but am stating to backslide. There is just so much pain in the world. What can I do, I have no where to turn.

BlackRain

Dec 21, 2004
texas
✟8,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
wow, that's pretty tough!! i'm sorry you're having to cope with that. but don't start being a pessimist...remember, you're an optimist!!! i encourage you to look at this as a time for you to grow in your relationship with Christ. pray for your family...and love them with unconditional love. ask the Lord to give you wisdom in this matter to know what to do. call on the name of the Lord. confide in him...hide in him.

Father,
i pray you'd be with brian as he's having hard time with his family. give him wisdom and be his sustainer during this season of his life. give him strength to continue with you strongly. Lord, life is hard. but i also know that you have a plan for everyone. you have a reason behind everything you do. So, Lord i pray you'd overwhelm Brian with your love. reassure him that you're right next to him and guide him as he's struggling. Show Brian your love and how great you are even though at times it seems like there's no light up the road and when the rain is pouring so hard that he can't see far.
i ask all this in YOUR name
amen! :hug:

Upvote 0

rbs70

Mar 22, 2005
Indiana Pa
✟301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thankyou blackrain
since my last post things have gotten worse. My little sister came home and trashed her room and left in a matter of 5 minutes. Mom and Dad didnt know what happened all they saw was her leaveing and heard her car go flying out the driveway. Next we saw her go speeding down the next road doing near 90mph. No one knows why she done this. I am a firefighter and have seen what those speeds can do and pray that God will protect her. Also I just found out that my older sister's youngist(6 years old) has scarlet fever.
Brian

Upvote 0

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, there are several problems with all this:

1) Your dad is not exercising his God-given authority within his own family and home (which speaks of a grave problem that you have not yet discerned)

2) Your sister needs a father to step in and be a father to her

3) You need a father to help you through all the personal issues in your life, both spiritual and physical

Get the picture here? You can't fix the problem of your earthly father exercising his God-given responsibilities, but you can certainly take back control over your life from forces and elements of your environment, and turn it over to the Lord. The choice is yours, and it starts with a decision, and then prayer if the decision is right. Asking how the Lord could let this happen........well, that's just another way of relegating the blame away from the man of the house, which SHOULD be your earthly father in that house.

As for what others are saying about you living with your folks? Who cares what others say? Are they your god? Are they the authorities over your life? Are they offering you any alternatives? They need to get a life, and you need to get yours! Nobody else is going to set your life straight if you aren't willing to grab the bull by the........horns........and show HIM how the cows walk and eat grass.

BTW

Upvote 0
P

perfection

You can't tame a wild girl demon like that within a 100 years. Negotiate with your parents, tell them to 'kick her as out of the house '. You can't have a 'hippo' in your house, she belongs in the zoo or in the wildernis.

With the three of you, cast her out of the house. Tell her ' you are now bannished from this home, get outta here!!!'

This spoiled brat had too many favours of your parents in her life, she is the 'sum' total result of your parents failure to 'put her in her place' where she should be when she was a child. In her mind she can now think that 'anything she demands, will be given to her'

If you give into that, there will never be peace again in the house. She is the trouble maker, she won't change, therefore she has to leave the house.

Upvote 0

rbs70

Mar 22, 2005
Indiana Pa
✟301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi All
Thanks for your input. I know my dad's a wimp when it comes to problems like this. And she is walking all over my parents but what can I do dad wont change. He has his own problems ie.. disabled...diabetic...depressed. Thats one of the reasons why I'm 26 and still liveing at home they need the money I bring in. Dad isnt getting ssi. My sister has calmed down and we are liveing in some what peace. It's still hard at times but what can you do.....
Brian

Upvote 0