Duncannon
✟10,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So I go to a Christian private school and I've been going since kindergarten. I love my school and I am truly blessed to go to my school. I really decided to become a Christian last year. I mean I always was a Christian but I decided to take it seriously and stop using it as an excuse to judge others. I've recently been noticing a change in my friends over the last year. My best friend who I've known since kindergarten started dating another girl who isn't a Christian. I told him that I don't think she's a good influence because he has noticeably been changing. He listens to more secular music that talk about sex, drugs, and violence. And my other friends has started to make more jokes about sex. I don't really find these jokes funny like I once did, but I feel like everything is just crumbling around me. I want to talk to people about Jesus and share my relationship with God, but none of them take it seriously. They play it off like I'm being sarcastic or joking. Granted, there are sometimes where they will talk about stuff that isn't inappropriate but it makes me sad to see them act this way. I struggle with getting to meet new people, not because I have social anxiety but I'm just socially awkward. I've never had a girlfriend and I do struggle with anxiety, but I just wish that I could find someone to talk to. I don't really have a question but I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks to anyone who is reading this have a good week. God bless you!

May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am here to pray and to listen. Dear Heavenly Father, I bind and rebuke all of Satan's works away, in Jesus Name, and claim peace of heart, mind, body, and soul in Jesus Name. I pray that those lost friends will find their way back to Jesus, In Jesus name I claim, Amen.

Reactions: NessofOnett05
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So I go to a Christian private school and I've been going since kindergarten. I love my school and I am truly blessed to go to my school. I really decided to become a Christian last year. I mean I always was a Christian but I decided to take it seriously and stop using it as an excuse to judge others. I've recently been noticing a change in my friends over the last year. My best friend who I've known since kindergarten started dating another girl who isn't a Christian. I told him that I don't think she's a good influence because he has noticeably been changing. He listens to more secular music that talk about sex, drugs, and violence. And my other friends has started to make more jokes about sex. I don't really find these jokes funny like I once did, but I feel like everything is just crumbling around me. I want to talk to people about Jesus and share my relationship with God, but none of them take it seriously. They play it off like I'm being sarcastic or joking. Granted, there are sometimes where they will talk about stuff that isn't inappropriate but it makes me sad to see them act this way. I struggle with getting to meet new people, not because I have social anxiety but I'm just socially awkward. I've never had a girlfriend and I do struggle with anxiety, but I just wish that I could find someone to talk to. I don't really have a question but I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks to anyone who is reading this have a good week. God bless you!

Hello,

I think that everyone who grows up as a Christian reaches a point where they need to make it their own religion rather than the religion of their parents. This often happens at college when it becomes our choice whether to attend church, but it appears you have already made that decision. As you've seen, our friends have a big influence on us and it is better to pick friends who will have a positive influence than a negative one. The chances are pretty good that after you graduate high school you will never see many of your classmates again, and if you choose to attend college, then you will likely meet many new friends, so you should not see your current group of friends as being set in stone, and even now you have the option to seek out friends that will be a good influence, though you can still seek to influence your current friends. For example, joining or forming a Bible study is a good way to meet new friend who also have a hunger for Jesus.

Upvote 0

Bro. Daniel

Prophet & Psalmist
Aug 22, 2017
Eph. 1:4, Ps. 139:15, Jer. 1:5, Virginia, U.S.
✟15,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

You're on the road to success in Christ.

God said for you to ask Him for an anointing of His Spirit of Boldness in Yahushua's name.
Ask for godly friends in Yahushua's name and confirm with God before accepting them into your life because satan can send counterfeits.

1 Corinthians 15:33
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Do not get a girlfriend yet. Wait for your godly spouse please or you will end up going through a ton of deliverance prayers to break a ton of curses especially if children become involved in the future. He warned of fornication and adultery for a reason (spiritually and naturally). God has to prepare both you and your spouse raising you up as princes and princesses to Kings and Queens rooted in Him.

Shalom and be blessed,

Bro. Daniel

Upvote 0