• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Need Some Help Here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟22,745.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Just talk with your friend and explain to her that you don't care for those advances. Has she always been this way towards you? or are you just noticing it more now that she has told you her preferences? It could be that you are just uncomfortable with the situation and reading into things a bit much (not saying this is true, just a possiblity).

Anyway, treat these friends the same way that you would treat any other friends. Homosexuality is not a special sin as so many Christians like to believe. People that choose to live this lifestyle are no worse then people who have pre-marital sex or something. So just treat them like you would any other friend. Remember in the eyes of God all sin is viewed the same, and we should strive to have that view as well.

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Folks please be careful that this doesn't turn into an ethics thread. Here are the rules pertaining to this subject:

3.5 Controversial Topics to Be Discussed Only in Certain Forums

A.
You will not post content regarding the following subjects anywhere on CF except in Ethics & Morality, Liberal Theology, Christian Philosophy, or any subforums in the Congregation or Recovery* categories:

drug use
gambling
polygamy
extramarital or premarital sexual activity
homosexuality
transsexuality
abortion

*You will not make posts promoting or endorsing any of these subjects in Recovery forums.

Upvote 0

jojogirly

Life is great but eternal life is better!!
Sep 28, 2006
At the foot of the cross
✟9,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the thing is she's always actually been that way i just didnt suspect, but my sister found her weird and so she asked her, she admited being homosexual. And its not a matter of remaining friends with, its how do i relate with her?

Upvote 0

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟22,745.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
And its not a matter of remaining friends with, its how do i relate with her?

Umm, thats a tough one, I have never been in that situation before. Have you tried talking to your friend and explaining that the way she behaves aound you make you uncomfortable?

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just ask her if she has feelings for you. Maybe she's just an affectionate person and is attracted to someone else.
If she does have feelings for you then I suppose it would be the same as if she was a guy whom you were not interested in. The same awkwardness I think would apply.

Upvote 0

jojogirly

Sep 28, 2006
At the foot of the cross
✟9,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you tried talking to your friend and explaining that the way she behaves aound you make you uncomfortable?
no i havent and thats bcoz if i tried to she would take it differently. ma mum thinks i should just break off the friendship or keep away frm her but i dono whether its such a great idea. iguess i should try talkin to her.
Just ask her if she has feelings for you. Maybe she's just an affectionate person and is attracted to someone else.
If she does have feelings for you then I suppose it would be the same as if she was a guy whom you were not interested in. The same awkwardness I think would apply.
Frankly i dont want to knw we've been friend for 2 years, i dont want to think she was intrested in me all that tym!!

Upvote 0

jojogirly

Sep 28, 2006
At the foot of the cross
✟9,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you tried talking to your friend and explaining that the way she behaves aound you make you uncomfortable?
no i havent and thats bcoz if i tried to she would take it differently. my mum thinks i should just break off the friendship or keep away frm her but i dono whether its such a great idea. iguess i should try talkin to her.
Frankly i dont want to knw, we've been friend for 2 years, i dont want to think she was intrested in me all that tym!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

no i havent and thats bcoz if i tried to she would take it differently. my mum thinks i should just break off the friendship or keep away frm her but i dono whether its such a great idea. iguess i should try talkin to her.
Frankly i dont want to knw, we've been friend for 2 years, i dont want to think she was intrested in me all that tym!!
Well, would it be different if she was a guy? I can't think of another way to end the mystery of how she behaves around you than to ask her.

I know it is unnerving.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you can quietly let her know that friendship is fine, but nothing more than that is that should help. If she wants to continue with the friendship on that basis accept it.

If you are healthily heterosexual you won't be drawn into anything wrong very easily. I have related to several homosexual people of both genders over the years and have really enjoyed most of them.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dv81

Nov 3, 2006
✟7,798.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hang out with a lot of gay people and find myself in similar situations. I think you might be a little paranoid, remember girl friends are "overly friendly" in general, maybe you mistaking that for flirting? Even gay girls need to be girly with their straight friends:wave:

The thing to do is let her know where you stand, it's just like having a plutonic friendship with a guy ;)

Upvote 0

aviya

Dec 2, 2006
✟7,612.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am new, but couldn't help putting my two cents in. I am an ex-gay. After much prayer and deliverance I have finally begun to be attracted to men again and I am very thankful for it. From my past, living as a lesbian before I was saved, I just have to say that I experienced alot of hateful things. People yelling at me, rude remarks, etc. it was very painful. Also, I had friends that because I am an affectionate person they assumed I was hitting on them. Just like not all straight men are attracted to every woman...it hurts when someone who you thought was a friend stops talking to you. I am in NO WAY advocating a gay lifestyle. I am lucky that the Lord took me out of that bondage myself. I am just saying that a person who is going through issues of homosexuality, whether they show it outwardly or not, are probably going through some very painful internal emotions and as Christians I don't feel we should inflict pain on anyone...rather I think it is better to be kind to everyone and seek to witness whenever possible to help them. Who knows you're friend may one day ask for your help spiritually to know God better...if you lose the friendship you wouldn't have that opportunity.

Upvote 0

jojogirly

Sep 28, 2006
At the foot of the cross
✟9,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am new, but couldn't help putting my two cents in. I am an ex-gay. After much prayer and deliverance I have finally begun to be attracted to men again and I am very thankful for it. From my past, living as a lesbian before I was saved, I just have to say that I experienced alot of hateful things. People yelling at me, rude remarks, etc. it was very painful. Also, I had friends that because I am an affectionate person they assumed I was hitting on them. Just like not all straight men are attracted to every woman...it hurts when someone who you thought was a friend stops talking to you. I am in NO WAY advocating a gay lifestyle. I am lucky that the Lord took me out of that bondage myself. I am just saying that a person who is going through issues of homosexuality, whether they show it outwardly or not, are probably going through some very painful internal emotions and as Christians I don't feel we should inflict pain on anyone...rather I think it is better to be kind to everyone and seek to witness whenever possible to help them. Who knows you're friend may one day ask for your help spiritually to know God better...if you lose the friendship you wouldn't have that opportunity.
Thanx very much for the advise. And ya since starting the thread i have come a long way. at first i had this condemning atittude but now i guess God has really worked on me and helped me things differently.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.