• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I need some help guys...(Only those that are Biblically sound)

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by BigChrisfilm, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardT

RichardT Contributor

+194
    Pantheist
    Single
    BigChrisFilm, that site you passed me is EXTREMEMELY RECENT. It quotes things from THIS MONTH. When did this guy write it?

2. sister_maynard

sister_maynard Senior Veteran

+104
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    Just take it as a compliment. Generally the quotes are selected for percieved stupidity.

Oooooooooooh yes. There's one stating that atheists are "another sect of muslim:" I think it's well on its way to becoming the post of the year.

3. RichardT

RichardT Contributor

+194
    Pantheist
    Single
    I'm not going to laugh with these people anymore, I feel ashamed for doing it in the first place.

4. BigChrisfilm

BigChrisfilm Contributor

+114
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I am not sure, but I suppose it is very recent, as it talks a lot about Kent Hovind's case, and such. It is shocking, because you have to know that they are doing this, and believe this stuff, RIGHT NOW. It's still going on, untouched at this moment on that board.

5. sister_maynard

sister_maynard Senior Veteran

+104
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    Laughing at the posts or laughing at the people who are making fun of the posts?
    Some are posted without justification and simply reflect faith or conservative beliefs, but some things are so idiotic and hateful that I have no compunctions about laughing at them.

That "evolutionary hate" site is interesting and does point out some of the more hateful nonsense that people post, but it mainly limps through by comparing atheists to Hitler over and over again. Have they never heard of Godwin's law?
    I just finished reading it and really don't think it's so good: there are a few good points, but the overstretched comparisons to Hitler are annoying and often don't relate well to the topic. I don't appreciate cheap appeals to emotion.

6. JacobHall86

JacobHall86 Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!

+255
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    good job on totally reaffirming all his beliefs. You showed him Christians arent jerks at all.

7. BigChrisfilm

BigChrisfilm Contributor

+114
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Republican
    What is your problem anyway? Do you always act like this?

8. RichardT

RichardT Contributor

+194
    Pantheist
    Single
    Yes.

9. JacobHall86

+255
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    My problem is that people like you and richard do much more damage to the Gospel than good because you refuse to live what it teaches and have warped the Bible to fit your beliefs, not letting the Bible influence your belief, but taking what you want from it. Thats what my problem is.

10. BigChrisfilm

BigChrisfilm Contributor

+114
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Republican
    So your problem is you don't agree with us, and you in turn judge our beleifs, and intentions, and decided to responed with rude comments?

11. Traitor1

Traitor1 Junior Member

+5
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Chris, it was your presupposition that said I was an atheist. If you ever cared to know, I'm actually not. But, why bother telling you this, you'll continue on with your presuppositions...

12. JacobHall86

+255
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    In a nutshell, yes. Of course I am reminded of when Jesus said that you are to treat others as you wish to be treated, and when you start showing traitor some grace, you can tell me about judging.

13. BigChrisfilm

BigChrisfilm Contributor

+114
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Republican
    http://www.fstdt.com/forums/profile.asp?u=323

Here's a dedicated memeber of the FSTDT forum, and he is liar, saying he is a Christian!

14. JacobHall86

+255
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Your buddy Richard is also a member. Just because someone is a member doesnt make them an athiest.

15. BigChrisfilm

BigChrisfilm Contributor

+114
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Republican
    It is because of WHAT he post on that site that makes him an Athiest. Stop defending him, you are starting to make me think some things about you. What kind of Baptist wants to allow the Athiest to post in the Baptist forum? They have their own little place they are allowed to post, and don't need to be on here.

16. Traitor1

Traitor1 Junior Member

+5
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Thanks, friend for that bit of grace.

17. RichardT

RichardT Contributor

+194
    Pantheist
    Single
    And how would you know this.

18. JacobHall86

+255
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    What kind of Christian would write off a person because they are athiest?

19. BigChrisfilm

BigChrisfilm Contributor

+114
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Republican
    A Christian would do that. Because one day they will be going to hell, and he is going to write them off too.

20. JacobHall86

+255
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    What the hell is the matter with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.