United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey guys and gals,

I tried asking this on a Protestant forum and got no where. I am really hoping I can get any feedback here.

My wife and I have a background in Pentecostal, on our own time a set of events brought me to Ligonier Ministries and we both have come into the agreement of Reformed theology is accurate.

Our home church folded up like a deck of cards, and the church home group we were a part of did the same. I work a job that makes it very hard to make traditional church times and we been without a church for over a year.

Any suggestions on what we can do till we land in a new church situation?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you familiar With Presbyterian Reform Ministries International? They are a charismatic Presbyterian group, reform doctrinal stance, of course.

You can find them at PRMI.org. I am sure they would have a good direction for you.

Upvote 0

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mathew 18:20

Amen!

Have you looked for an online church service?

Right now we have a lot of online resources available. Our favorite being Renewingyourmind.org , but that doesn't replace fellowship with the Saints. Trying to get human interaction.

Are you familiar With Presbyterian Reform Ministries International? They are a charismatic Presbyterian group, reform doctrinal stance, of course.

You can find them at PRMI.org. I am sure they would have a good direction for you.

First time I heard of this, looking into it! Thanks for the lead!

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,852.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hey guys and gals,

I tried asking this on a Protestant forum and got no where. I am really hoping I can get any feedback here.

My wife and I have a background in Pentecostal, on our own time a set of events brought me to Ligonier Ministries and we both have come into the agreement of Reformed theology is accurate.

Our home church folded up like a deck of cards, and the church home group we were a part of did the same. I work a job that makes it very hard to make traditional church times and we been without a church for over a year.

Finding a local Reformed Church is easier than finding a local Charismatic Church with Reformed leanings. Visit a few local congregations and speak with Elders. They would be in a better position to help you out.

You may even want to ask this same question on the Puritan Board.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys and gals,

Send me a PM and maybe I can help you with finding a church with a Reformed statement of beliefs.

Some of these churches today run services on the weekend and during the week due to people's work or medical schedules. When you PM I will link you to a church which broadcasts their services live and then archives them online at the website. Same thing, it is a church which holds to Reformed theology.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey guys and gals,

Your wife and you qualify as "Church". I have a friend that I meet with daily, usually 8.30 pm. We sing a few hymns and choruses and talk about the things of the Lord. We pray for others and each other. We have no particular place that we go on Sundays. Instead, we have the bread and wine. Sometimes we visit a church. As far as Lord Jesus is concerned, it is "where two or three are gathered". We work together in our Bible School. I teach, she does the admin work. She also has spiritual gifts that are a great help with our counselling work. I have no sense of lack just because we are a tiny fellowship.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0