I need some advice about a career change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsign24

Call2witness
Feb 27, 2003
Dallas,Texas
Visit site
✟15,992.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I Need Some Advice:

Ever since the war in Iraq has been going, I have been lately thinking about the end times and doing a service for God in this matter.  I saw a news report about military chaplains, men of God who minister to our servicemen.  That was like last week and I didn't much of after that.

But for the past few days, I have had images go through my mind in which I was a chaplain myself, witnessing and ministering to soldiers.  Now I'm not sure if this is God calling me to do something or it's my own selfishness wanting to make a name for myself.

I'm fasting, studying my Bible, and meditating on the matter, I'm sort of afraid to step out in this matter, due to the financial situation that I'm in, and I don't know if these hesitations are Satan's ways to hold me back.

I need some advice or some encouragement and I need some prayer, I need some sort of sign.

Reply to this post or PM me, I need some help.

God Bless

nomad

Mar 7, 2003
Minneapolis
Visit site
✟570.00
Today at 05:49 PM Bsign24 said this in Post #1

I Need Some Advice:

Ever since the war in Iraq has been going, I have been lately thinking about the end times and doing a service for God in this matter.  I saw a news report about military chaplains, men of God who minister to our servicemen.  That was like last week and I didn't much of after that.

But for the past few days, I have had images go through my mind in which I was a chaplain myself, witnessing and ministering to soldiers.  Now I'm not sure if this is God calling me to do something or it's my own selfishness wanting to make a name for myself.

I'm fasting, studying my Bible, and meditating on the matter, I'm sort of afraid to step out in this matter, due to the financial situation that I'm in, and I don't know if these hesitations are Satan's ways to hold me back.

I need some advice or some encouragement and I need some prayer, I need some sort of sign.

Reply to this post or PM me, I need some help.

God Bless

I don't know how relevant this is but before I was saved I would have those same kind of day dreams or fantasies that you are referring to.  I would fantasize that I was a preacher and preaching to the people.  It was really quite splendid.  What I didn't know at the time is that it was the Holy Spirit bringing me into conviction to recieve Christ.  Those daydreams of preaching were to create in me a Hunger for His word.  The daydreams after awhile subsided and my relationship with Christ became more real.  I would witness to certain people at various times when I felt led.

You can ask God to start opening doors for you if thats the way He wants you to go. It will all fall into place.  When I tried in my own situation the Door was pretty much slammed shut so to speak.  It was obvious to me He had other ideas.  In your case if you feel led, go, everything will be prepared ahead of you.  If the door closes He may want you to seek and find something else.

I learned something about our Lord that I have always found to be clever.  To get us to seek and find and to get us to move and go He will use what He knows about us to get us to respond to His calling.  Much like leading a dog with some food if the dog doesn't want to come.  There is a place up ahead for you just follow the food you'll find what He wants for you.  But don't sit still, go and keep an open mind.

:pray:

Upvote 0

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Well if you want to be a military chaplin, you don't nescisarily have to have gone to bible school and what not, but you do need to qualify to join the armed services, have something that makes you a good canditate and join just like any other recruit. When you finish your asvfab test it will be on the list with all the other options you have. There may be other roughts but I've been through this one and I have a friend that served as a military chaplain as well.

Anyhow I'll pray that you can service God in a way that uses your talents and abilities.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.