Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You know your situation better than anyone here. If your gut legitimately tells you that you need to go - then go.

Like I said though - leaving and trying to start something up with someone else are two different issues however. The other potential relationship ought be shelved for quite some time though to get your head in order.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also the "stumbled" into the nude photos on the phone thing lol. We've all been there, right? Tripped over the dog and fell face first into your spouse's phone that had naked pics of not last night...but 5+ years ago. Happens all the time in my house.

It's part of this theme of "my husband of 5 years and 2 kids is an irredeemable abusive pervert...and I'm completely and innocently falling into the arms of perfect guy from my church "!

I don't buy it DZ.
And...not such a perfect guy if he’s willing to date or flirt with a married woman lol

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
None of this is funny thanks so no need for the lol's. I am not a troll. This actually happened. I'm quite offended anyone would think I was lying. There is more around this story but pretty difficult to type 5 years worth of crap into a forum so what you got was a broken down version. Why should I try to repair anything, would he if I did what he did? Why should I suffer? When I got married I hoped I would be loved and respected but I got none of that. Used and abused more like and its affecting my health so much.

Unfortunately, and people who have been on here longer can attest to this - people have come in with elaborate, layered, and messed up stories to "stump the Christian" or mock the beliefs or just get a rise out of people. When this happens as often as it has here, guards are up and people half expect it to just be another troll thread.

That being said, I can only reiterate what others have said - if your husband betrays the marriage covenant, you have biblical grounds for divorce. However, as some have pointed out - even those who have biblical grounds to leave have chosen to stay and fight for the marriage - and sometimes, this works out.

I also don't think you should rush into anything with this other guy - and until things are sorted with your husband, it might be best to cut off contact.

I pray this was helpful.

Upvote 0