Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm battling some sin in my life right now, and I would really, really, really like to overcome it, because it is very destructive for me. God has been doing so much for me to help me, and I know that eventually I will stop, but it feels overwhelming right now.

So I'm asking for prayer. I need strength and perseverance, and I need the Holy Spirit to really help me crucify the flesh. And I need courage to get through fears that hold me back.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm battling some sin in my life right now, and I would really, really, really like to overcome it, because it is very destructive for me. God has been doing so much for me to help me, and I know that eventually I will stop, but it feels overwhelming right now.

So I'm asking for prayer. I need strength and perseverance, and I need the Holy Spirit to really help me crucify the flesh. And I need courage to get through fears that hold me back.
John's First Epistle can be very helpful. :prayer:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Praying for you!

Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Prayer for you:
Dear Father In Heaven, i pray for my sis, Emli, that You would give her the strength to overcome these temptations and that she will repent of the sins she has committed and know that despite these, You love her and want her to walk in freedom. May she be able to walk in righteousness as she lays her burdens down and seek to obey Your Word. Guide her with the Holy Spirit, grant her the desire of her heart to be pure. May she know that she is not alone and that You are with her always and You know the weakness of the flesh, but You give life in the innermost being, may Your light shine in her heart that she may have the strength to resist sin. May she find people who will help her in her walk with You, people who are God fearing, and who are disciplined in the faith. In Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The battle is over. He died and rose. So this "battle"..He does not judge you..nor condemn. He says.. to you if you asked.. this is why I died. So.. you confess your sins.. and no matter how you feel.. He is faithful to forgive you and cleans you from ALL not some.. but ALL unrighteousness.

There is no limit on this. Nor do why have a right to keep sinning. Some sins as we all know can be hard to stop. Well He LOVES YOU SO MUCH. He is NOT against you. He is NOT mad at you. He wants you to GIVE HIM ALL YOUR CARES. The ones that are SO HARD to stop. He wants you to GIVE THEM To Him and then FORGIVE your self. And rejoice now!

There is NOW no condemnation to them in Christ Jesus. He NEVER gives one guilt or fear or worry or doubt. All lies. You are SOOOOOOO LOVED! The enemy is just trying to keep you in one stop. Tell him no.. tell him how you confess your sins and He fogives you.. as it is written and cleanses you from ALL unrighteousness.

Now any time you want to feel shocked. Ask the Father how HE sees you RIGHT NOW! Did you know you are SPOTLESS before Him? Christ died.. its over.. done. Freedom to sin.. NO. But.. it has been all taken care of. The price for the WORLDS sins.. He already died. He can not die again. its like with our parents. We can do things that hurt them yes? But.. do they cast you out do they stop loving you? NO! Your still family. Sin.. gives the enemy the right to come in and do things. That puts a WALL up between you and your Father. And this SIN as the Father knows.. the price for this sin is DEATH in this world. The Fahter does NOT want that. So repent.. turn over a new leaf. Like.. if you only read EVIL or some kind of BAD books at 11 PM. Start reading the Bible or Godly books at 11. Put something GOOD in that place..

Your so BLESSED AND LOVED! The enemy has must lied to you

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images
Start claiming the victory and quit wanting to, would like to, trying to... ;) Positive view and outward trust of the LORD will make it so.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, may this one and others see that we are in a spiritual warfare, and to overcome certain sins we need to think along military strategies. May we recognize our enemy, and how it fights against us. May we recognize the stakes that are involved. May we focus on the value of those stakes, and be motivated to fight the fight, endure the costs of that fight, be committed to paying the price to win the battles. May we take the time to think on these things, and then put them into practice. May we cut off the enemies supply lines to our mind, not watching worldly things on TV, movies, Internet, etc. May we root out the spiritual mines that have been laid in the harbors of our imaginations, and not think on the sinful things the enemy would have us think on. May we fill those harbors with our own battleships (specific scripture memorized to be obey and applied against the attacks of the enemy). May we keep our objective pictured before us; God's glory, God being pleased with us, satisfaction in godliness (1 Timothy 6:6), spiritual victory over temptation, sin, and the world, the flesh, and the devil. May we gain the small victories at first, remember them, and allow them to motivate us on to larger victories. May we plan the work/fight and work the plan/fight. May we put our desires for godliness into action, starve the flesh and feed the spirit, becoming weak in the former and strong in the latter. May we maintain a steady diet of spiritual food and a regular habit of spiritual exercise. May we remember that spiritual victory isn't handed to us on a platter through just praying for it, but it has to be worked for, just as Joshua had to lead troops into the "Promised Land" and fight for it, before they could enjoy it. Nuff said, though so much more could be said. Amen.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LosAngelesButterfly

Jan 17, 2018
Los Angeles
✟15,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I am praying for you. I understand your feelings. I agree with you right now....Lord Jesus please help Emli to overcome this weakness and replace it with your strength Lord Jesus. We ask this in your name Jesus and we thank you for your help. Also, as you help my friend here please help me to overcome too Lord. Your mercy and loving kindness has no end. Amen

• Prayers
Upvote 0

bint3

Jan 17, 2018
here
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Praying for you. Ephesians chapters 1-3 is good for encouragement and will speak your identity in Christ. You are predestined and chosen from before the creation of the World to be his daughter. He lavishes you with his love and every spiritual blessing in heavenly places.

Galatians 5:1 says, "It is for freedom that Christ has set you free, stand firm then and do not let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Praying that God will help you walk in this freedom Emli. You're not alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you, everyone, for your prayers, encouragement and wisdom. :) It helped a lot and I'm doing much better.

But I would like to ask if you would continue to pray for me. Some of my struggles are intense right now.

And may Lord Jesus bless all of you. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need strength and perseverance, and I need the Holy Spirit to really help me crucify the flesh. And I need courage to get through fears that hold me back.
Praying that God will empower you by His Spirit to stand against temptation and fear to the glory of God.

Upvote 0