USA
✟146,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess I shouldn't have made that recent thread about how I was doing better, because every time I do things get worse again.

Since Tuesday I've been feeling terribly depressed a lot of the time, like I have nothing to live for, no motivation, and hardly any interest in anything (but for some reason I suddenly feel better for a little while at times). I don't know why this is happening to me. It's like my mood changes for no apparent reason and I have no control over it; I thought I was over that. I feel so lost and hopeless and I'm getting really worried about myself. Please, pray for me.

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟51,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know the feeling. This is something I have struggled with nearly my entire life. The closer I grew to Christ, the more the episodes changed.

A long time ago, I would be depressed almost all the time with teenie tiny bits of hope like you are now. But as I grew closer to Christ, the episodes became more spread out and sporadic.

Eventually, I was at the point where I would be happy almost all the time but every once in a while I would have a week or two where I was in the dumps and so depressed I had to force myself to get out of bed. And like you, I had no idea why.

I was diagnosed with BiPolar disorder, which explains all of this.

I hope your situation improves. I am here if you ever need to talk.

Best wishes and prayers to you.

Your brother in Christ,
Scott.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I guess I shouldn't have made that recent thread about how I was doing better, because every time I do things get worse again.
No, it was still good to post about how you were doing better. That was a high point, a gift from God, and it's worth praising. Thank God for our good days!

A psychologist should be able to give you better answers than any of us; if you're already seeing one, stick with it, these things take time. 'Till then, I leave you with a beautiful quote from the Diary of St. Faustina:

“Suffering is a great grace; through suffering the soul becomes like the Savior; in suffering love becomes crystallized; the greater the suffering, the purer the love.”
99+anthony+van+Dyck+crucifixion%5B1%5D.jpg

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." --James 1:2-4

May God bless us all & all of our trials!

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0