Bronx
✟16,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I actually stopped watching inappropriate content for a few days but I can feel the urge inside me telling me to watch. It only happens when I'm in a bad mood or just in an apathetic state (another thread for another day). Can you guys pray for me to keep fighting and get clean of this sin and also clean my mind. I always feel dirty. I always knew it was wrong but I couldn't stop. I really want to but it's hard. The devil knows exactly what triggers to push so I hope he can just leave me alone and let me be happy. I've tried multiple times to stop but I always just give in.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A good thing to break away from. I have seen many go down because of inappropriate content addictions. There are support groups out there but, a good solid church with counseling from pastor or elders might be best. Accountability brothers.
M

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,567,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I actually stopped watching inappropriate content for a few days but I can feel the urge inside me telling me to watch. It only happens when I'm in a bad mood or just in an apathetic state (another thread for another day). Can you guys pray for me to keep fighting and get clean of this sin and also clean my mind. I always feel dirty. I always knew it was wrong but I couldn't stop. I really want to but it's hard. The devil knows exactly what triggers to push so I hope he can just leave me alone and let me be happy. I've tried multiple times to stop but I always just give in.
I think maybe learning about the tragic side of inappropriate content with all the abuse and trafficking might help you stop lusting after it so much.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟285,486.00
Faith
Christian
^ Yep.

It'll also help to watch some interviews from your favourite actresses. You'll soon learn how boring and matter of fact the industry REALLY is. Most of them are just paying their way through college and are simply trying to make an honest living for themselves for life AFTER inappropriate content. I can promise you that this is 100% fact.

Reality is your friend on this one - use reality to assassinate the fantasy.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟889,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a habit. Find something else to do. Put Jesus Christ of Nazareth first. He has quite a "to do" list for you.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has given us this scripture to help us with addictions and I think it speaks for all addictions including inappropriate content.
"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13
Heavenly Father, may You grant this one the strength to overcome their inappropriate content addiction, and thank You LORD that this one has come forward, and has asked for prayer to overcome this weakness, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,069,314.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is no point in fighting the inappropriate content addiction. "Anyone who continues to sin becomes a slave to sin." But! Messiah "came to set the captives free." The fight on your part is only to let HIM take over.

Good for you that you want to be free. I agree with the poster above who recommends fasting. If you are very healthy a once week water fast will work wonders with prayers. Do not fast very long as it can be harmful to your health. Yeal, Messiah and Moses fasted 40 d & n, but we ain't them!

I pray for your freedom for life.

Some have found the book "Every Man's Battle" to be very helpful.

Upvote 0