I need prayer! I need God to fix this...

MamaLouise

Oct 23, 2019
Fife
✟8,088.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m struggling. I lead the women’s ministry at church. I’ve been a born again Christian for years. God has been doing something new in me recently. Yet the last few month I’ve started going onto gambling sites. I won £700 and then it kinda snowballed. I’m so ashamed and so embarrassed. I’ve repented, asked for forgiveness yet still don’t have enough self control to say no! I repent, think I’ve got it, then the next day spend another £20. I’m so angry about it! It’s pathetic and shameful. I want to live honourably. My husband felt God say to take control of our finances earlier in the year and so he’s been so wise and done a budget etc, yet I’m doing this! It’s so deceitful. I don’t really know what I’m asking for other than prayer. I know we all sin but I don’t WANT this!! I want to honour God and my husband in our finances and this just isn’t what I expected to struggle with!

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m struggling. I lead the women’s ministry at church. I’ve been a born again Christian for years. God has been doing something new in me recently. Yet the last few month I’ve started going onto gambling sites. I won £700 and then it kinda snowballed. I’m so ashamed and so embarrassed. I’ve repented, asked for forgiveness yet still don’t have enough self control to say no! I repent, think I’ve got it, then the next day spend another £20. I’m so angry about it! It’s pathetic and shameful. I want to live honourably. My husband felt God say to take control of our finances earlier in the year and so he’s been so wise and done a budget etc, yet I’m doing this! It’s so deceitful. I don’t really know what I’m asking for other than prayer. I know we all sin but I don’t WANT this!! I want to honour God and my husband in our finances and this just isn’t what I expected to struggle with!

It's sounds like you need to save the daily expenditure of £20, and not only save it but also find a good Christian psychologist to help you work on grappling with your lack of self-control. Of course, it will require some effort on your part in all of this, but I hold out some hope for you that at some point in the near future you'll finally get yourself corralled and not only stop your unnecessary gambling but realize that it's a bad investment. Best not keeping on keeping on in that direction........Sis! ;)

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Second thing to do is confess this to your husband. This will make you accountable, acknowledge you indeed respect him and help you stay on the road of repentance. He will know how to handle the problem from there.
Blessings

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: God SEES and HEARS your heart, dear sis. Praying for you and your family and household, that God DOES intervene as only He can. He READS your heart, and He HEARS the deepest desire of your heart, in spite of the conflicted hold of the gambling, and that is for this drive to be removed from you. I pray in agreement, dear sis. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

Welcome to CF (((hug)))

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:heart: God SEES and HEARS your heart, dear sis. Praying for you and your family and household, that God DOES intervene as only He can. He READS your heart, and He HEARS the deepest desire of your heart, in spite of the conflicted hold of the gambling, and that is for this drive to be removed from you. I pray in agreement, dear sis. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

Welcome to CF (((hug)))

I sure hopes she reads that since you've attached it to my post rather than to hers. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

MamaLouise, thank-you for being so transparent with your post and sharing what you're struggling with. I understand from experience how struggling with something while in a leadership position makes us feel. It can bring on shame and guilt, which can ultimately push us more toward whatever we are struggling with. I am a counsellor, and I understand how gambling can have a very similar impact on the brain as traditional drugs; it's a real addiction that many people struggle with. I would suggest that you seek help from a professional counselor/psychologist (as others on the forum have). Also, you may find some help in a support group (e.g., Celebrate Recovery), where people who struggle with a variety of different issues meet together in a weekly group setting. We aren't always able to overcome these things on our own (i.e., in our own power), but we serve an amazing God who is with us every step of the way. With Him, all things are possible! Praying for you as you overcome! :)

Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless MamaLouise and this prayer request. Lord give your knowledge, wisdom and power to say no to gambling. Lord let MamaLouise, no more gamble but praise you and spend her finances eisely for your kingdom and glory. Lord let MamaLouise's finances not even single penny, not be used for gambling. Lord bless MamaLouise and her finances. InJesus loving name, Amen!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, just to say THANK YOU for all your encouragement and prayers - I am so thankful. I haven’t had an urge or desire to gamble once in two days. It’s just GONE!! Praise God for His mercy ❤️

Praise God!

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi everyone, just to say THANK YOU for all your encouragement and prayers - I am so thankful. I haven’t had an urge or desire to gamble once in two days. It’s just GONE!! Praise God for His mercy ❤️

:heart: Praise God!!! Thank you for sharing, Louise. Praying for you! (((hug)))

Upvote 0