• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need prayer for deliverance from seeing prostitues

Matthew R

Mar 28, 2022
Columbus
✟15,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello all, I'm a 34 year old single man.I've been single for a decade. I'm saved, but I've not been living a saved lifestyle. I don't know if I EVER really did, I just have been blessed with God's favor and mercy. So backtrack a few years ago. I was celibate. I refused to fornicate anymore until I found the woman who'd be my wife and got married. Slowly, thoughts started coming into my head of physical loneliness and I saw a prostitute. after a couple years of not sleeping with any women, I go and do this. fast forward to now. Every few months, I get this urge. I silence it with inappropriate contentography until I cannot silence it anymore and I NEED to find something in the flesh. Now my heart is getting hardened, I know it because for the last month its two violations two weeks apart. How did I go from NO WAY to now its a regular occurrence and I see where my salvation and soul is going if I keep this up. I want a wife, I've prayed for a wife. I don't even think I'm ready with these lust issues because what happens when they surface when I'm married? I need help. I want soooo badly to even tell my mom what's going on in her son's life, but I'm too ashamed and we don't have that kind of relationship to share that. please help and pray for me because I'm drowning in sin. I can't continue to walk in a hypocritical way.

Matthew R

Mar 28, 2022
Columbus
✟15,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you attending a loving lively church?
I'm not sir. I was until I transferred for work to a new town a few hours away from my hometown. I've not made a lot of effort to find a new church home to be honest

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, I'm a 34 year old single man.I've been single for a decade. I'm saved, but I've not been living a saved lifestyle. I don't know if I EVER really did, I just have been blessed with God's favor and mercy. So backtrack a few years ago. I was celibate. I refused to fornicate anymore until I found the woman who'd be my wife and got married. Slowly, thoughts started coming into my head of physical loneliness and I saw a prostitute. after a couple years of not sleeping with any women, I go and do this. fast forward to now. Every few months, I get this urge. I silence it with inappropriate contentography until I cannot silence it anymore and I NEED to find something in the flesh. Now my heart is getting hardened, I know it because for the last month its two violations two weeks apart. How did I go from NO WAY to now its a regular occurrence and I see where my salvation and soul is going if I keep this up. I want a wife, I've prayed for a wife. I don't even think I'm ready with these lust issues because what happens when they surface when I'm married? I need help. I want soooo badly to even tell my mom what's going on in her son's life, but I'm too ashamed and we don't have that kind of relationship to share that. please help and pray for me because I'm drowning in sin. I can't continue to walk in a hypocritical way.
Repentance is stopping doing what grieves the Holy Spirit in you. Being converted to Christ is more than just saying the sinners prayer and believing that you are saved. The Scripture clearly says: "Unless you likewise repent you will surely perish." Repentance means the difference between heaven and hell for you. If you profess Christianity and fail to repent from the works of the flesh, your profession is one of hypocrisy. This may not be a pleasant word for you, but it is the truth. You don't need "deliverance". You need to REPENT, or in other words, decide to stop seeing prostitutes.

What you need to do is to earnestly seek the Lord with all your heart so that the Holy Spirit will totally transform your heart so that you will hate sin and love righteousness. Conversion to Christ does not come automatically. You have to seek God for it. What you are doing is what Paul was talking about - being unequally yoked; frustrating the grace of God through compromising your body in unrighteous acts.

I will say this, that you don't have to go confessing to all and sundry your inner sins. All you would be doing is subjecting yourself to the judgment of others. This is something between you and God and it should stay that way. inappropriate contentography is a road to nowhere, and in the end causes frustration.

Paul knew that normal men are unable to cope with celibacy. This is why he encourages men to have their own wives.

So you need to soak yourself in the Word of God, and in prayer. You need to know that Jesus took your sin on the Cross when He suffered and died, and has taken the guilt and punishment from you. This means that you don't have to run away from Christ when you sin. It is always best to fun to Him. He said, "Come to me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." So if you are labouring under the pressure of the works of he flesh and are heavy laden with self-loathing, go the Jesus, talk it all out with Him, and He will give you rest and peace. Then you will know the strength of the Holy Spirit to turn your direction away from fornication to righteous ways of conducting a healthy love life. Remember that there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ (Romans 8:1).

So, stop talking to others about this. Stop taking advice from others. Keep it all between you and Christ. Seek Him and plead with Him for the transformation that can come only though the Holy Spirit. It won't happen in five minutes, but it will happen. It will be a battle and it might be a case of two steps forward and one back for a while, but you will win, because you already have the victory in Christ.

Repentance involves determination and effort to forsake the works of the flesh, and therefore you need fellowship with Jesus and the strength of the Holy Spirit. Remember that "all sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven of men", and "There is forgiveness with Thee that Thou mayest be feared". Also 1 John 1:9. Even if you confess your sins seventy times seven in one day, forgiveness from God will never run out. God's patience with His struggling children will never run out.

Upvote 0

Zbnigniew

Mar 28, 2022
Sacramento
✟8,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First of all, don't tell your mom. Now I've been thinking about sin and free-will a bit lately and about human agency and divine mercy. My main line of questioning was something akin to "am I powerless to sin? Am I so weak that I need to seek God for deliverance for every little lust or sin in my life? Or has the Lord equipped me to deal with the sin that pops up in my life?" Essentially my question came down to the relationship between our fleshly minds and the Holy Spirit. I think scripture makes clear that man cannot resist sin and therefore the mind itself is naturally predisposed to sin. Therefore any mental resistance to sin is not a natural one but a supernatural one. I can't explain the mechanistic operations of God on the mind but he certainly takes our heart of stone and gives us a heart of flesh. Therefore I think I satisfied my own inquiry: I was powerless to sin. However I am not so weak "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2Ti 1:7. And the Lord has equipped me to deal with the sin in my life "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. " Rom 8:13. I reference Romans because it is clear that it is through the Spirit in Christ that we have victory over sin and death. You should seriously read Romans asap it is profound and transformative. Even just meditating on 6-8. I will do the same.

Anyways brother I was asking these questions to myself because I too struggle with various sins and I just became so tired of my own weakness! For how long must I suffer myself?! O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? Rom 7:24. I can't do it alone man, I really can't. I need Jesus. That earlier self inquiry of "Am I so weak that I need to seek God for deliverance for every little lust or sin in my life" was essentially a rhetorical question amounting to "be a man!!!" Be like Christ!!! It's why I was asking about the relationship between free-will and sin and God... I don't know how God works, but I know what He wants of me! God wants me to be a man!! We have the Spirit of the living God within us!!
(Jos 1:9) Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
(2Ti 1:14) That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
(Gal 2:20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

You are not powerless. Christ already delivered us from sin.

(1Co 16:13) Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

I love you bro.

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Be strong!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will try and find someone to speak to. I do thank you

Google churches in your town and check there web sites, then start attending a church or check out christianityexplored for churches in your area that are or have run this course and again check them out.

In All sin we first think about it in greater and greater detail then we go and do it.

So delete every link and conection you have to inappropriate content, to prostitutes etc.
Start practising Christian living by reading the bible and praying daily ( get an every dsay with Jesus and read it.

Don't look for a perfect church, attend the nearest churches midweek meeting and again on Sunday.

You want a Christian wife, well you will only find one in church, so smarted yourself up and attend church and talk to people.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit is working in you. It is not often one sees their own hypocrisy . This is a good sign that full repentance is coming your way. Eventually your love for God will overcome the lust of the flesh. I know this in my own life.
Be blessed.

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I silence it with inappropriate contentography

inappropriate contentography does not silence it .... it fuels the desire.

Upvote 0