louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need God because I love him...but I feel like he hates me and doesn't care about me. And even if I think of him everyday though I feel discouraged. Like there's no hope for me. Like I really messed up and it's too late. I really really really love him. How can I stop feeling like God hates me? I am longing for him...

Chipsj15

Jul 21, 2017
Southeast US
✟22,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need God because I love him...but I feel like he hates me and doesn't care about me. And even if I think of him everyday though I feel discouraged. Like there's no hope for me. Like I really messed up and it's too late. I really really really love him. How can I stop feeling like God hates me? I am longing for him...

Ok so I do not know what it is that you did to make you think that you "messed up," but I want to try to give you some hope.
So as of right now the most important fact that I want you to hear is that God MOST CERTAINLY loves you. In fact, He loves you so much that He came down to dwell amongst you and became like you to serve you (Philippians 2:5-11). Another reason He came down was so that He would know what it is like to be in this world (Hebrews 2:17-18). He came down here so that He can have a relationship with you and so that He can be a merciful and faith full high priest. Do you know what that means? He knows exactly what you are going through!
You need to understand that God does not hate you. He loves you and He wants you to surrender completely to Him! Jesus cannot be your savior if He is not your Lord! It is never too late for God, Jennifer.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Be sure of this:

If you love God as you say you do, know for an absolute certainty that his love for you is infinitely greater.

Think like this:

When the sun is being hidden by the clouds we don't say that the sun stopped shining. We know it is just being concealed from us by some obstruction.

If you feel like God isn't loving or doesn't love you specifically, what is there to obstruct it? Realistically nothing. Our faith is not to be based on feelings, but there may be something that is concealing us from his love, such as unconfessed sin, or a lack of effort on our part to seek him, etc.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,296.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
posted: "Like there's no hope for me. Like I really messed up and it's too late."

Jenniferdiana, though I completely understand thinking like this but I've learned = Our sins/screw-ups do not carry more weight than Yahweh's sacrifice, nor His resurrection, and not more than His forgiveness. He doesn't lie (Titus 1:2) and His Word says "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9) Also, "... I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more (Jer 31:34, Rom 4:8). Since He doesn't remember them, why in the world are we? Since He knows everything, that means once we've repented, He doesn't hold them against us. So when we begin to think about our sins/screw-ups, we can repent and accept His forgiveness by changing our thoughts immediately to match His Word about being forgiven, His grace and mercy, His promises.

Also, when you begin to think He hates you, here's a few more Scriptures you might want to mull over instead -
-"But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." Luke 12:7 (The number of hairs on your head is constantly changing).
-You are wonderfully and fearfully made (Psa 139)
"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." Zep 3:17 He, our Creator, joyfully sings over you.
-“The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” Job 33:4
So that next breath is from Him. And the one after that - it's from Him, too. Again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? This is just one verse that shows that God cares for you

Romans Chapter 5 also tells of God's great love for you and I would encourage you to read this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Such feelings are not real, and you have to consider them as such and push them aside. Focus on the person and word of Jesus, instead of imagination. If you keep his word, then you know he is with you.

Negativity as such is to drive a wedge between you and Jesus.

Be careful that you are with Jesus and not someone else by the same name. You can be sure of this if his word, which he gave, as recorded in the Gospels, abides in your heart.

Hold to that word, and Jesus will hold to you.

So be merciful in your judgments. Have an open mind, not a narrow mind. Have an open heart, a living heart; not a hard heart of stone. Be forgiving, do not be judgmental, but be non-judgmental.

Turn the other cheek... go the extra mile.

Judge others with mercy and compassion, and remember, Jesus said, the measure you use, is the measure which will be used for you.

Know the words of Jesus and stay by them.

Do not trust in posters or slogans or empty words of others. But the Jesus we know by what He said and what He did.

God is love, not hate.

Upvote 0