Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have ocd probably and feel bad for it. bad thoughts and coincidences ruin my day. I am planning to confess my sins to a priest today for the first time. But... Something worries me. I used to get attacked by thoughts that are not mine that think bad things and I say to God many times that these are not mine and not to happen. Today, a bad thought came when I was thinking about confession. it was not mine! the thought was request punishment from God for going to confession today. I feared and wanted to say to God not to punish me as I always do. the problem is that when I opened my mouth to say that I somehow made a mistake and missed the word "not" (in greek I think). instead of be like " do not punish me" it came out as "do punish me". now I am having second thoughts about going to confession today. I fear If it counts cause I said it with my lips. I did not want any of that. please pray for me. I need some pray for strength

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Please know that God does NOT hold your illness/condition against you. God knows your heart. He knows you better than you do, and He knows what you're dealing with. You don't have any reason to be worried. We can't trick God, our illnesses can't fool Him either. No fear!

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have ocd probably and feel bad for it. bad thoughts and coincidences ruin my day. I am planning to confess my sins to a priest today for the first time. But... Something worries me. I used to get attacked by thoughts that are not mine that think bad things and I say to God many times that these are not mine and not to happen. Today, a bad thought came when I was thinking about confession. it was not mine! the thought was request punishment from God for going to confession today. I feared and wanted to say to God not to punish me as I always do. the problem is that when I opened my mouth to say that I somehow made a mistake and missed the word "not" (in greek I think). instead of be like " do not punish me" it came out as "do punish me". now I am having second thoughts about going to confession today. I fear If it counts cause I said it with my lips. I did not want any of that. please pray for me. I need some pray for strength

I pray for strength and discernment for you. I also get attacked by thoughts like these so fear not you are not alone in this!

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I pray that you will have God's peace and strength.

John 14:27--Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our Great God knows our hearts better than we do. I would not worry you made a mistake in a language not your own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusisKing77

Jan 3, 2019
Texas
✟9,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have these coincidences happen to me too,and believe it or not,the Bible tells us to not believe every vision/sign/dream,especially ones we make ourselves,here’s the verse that says to test every well sign to see if it is from God,
"If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,'
I see this as ,the false prophet being this voice in the mind that says if this happens then x and y,and if that thing does happen then we must test it,most of the time it leads to fear right ?ok so you have it happen and you think it’s a sign from a God,and you start being afraid,first that voice in your head is a liar,do not believe it ,if that thing happens ignore it because it wants you to feel as tough you do have a reason to be scared ,God says to cast all your cares on Hum for He cares for you,I hope I helped you in some way and God bless,I’ll be praying for you,remember lots of people have this happen to them,it’s called magic thinking the belief that ones toughts influence the real world,but they don’t,God is in control not you remember that :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With your lips you can bind those words that came out of your mouth and pray and ask God that they will not manifest in your life....that they will not fall on fertile ground and grow. Secondly, we learn in the book of Job that he had a fear in his heart....(fear operates against faith)….he said "that thing that I FEARED THE MOST has come upon me. Job 3:25 For the thing I feared has overtaken me, and what I dreaded has befallen me.

You can also pray and seek God's peace....Phillipians 4:6-7 6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Take authority over thoughts that enter your mind.....2 Corinthians 10:5 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

God Bless.

Upvote 0