• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need help

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please! I was out and saw a poster with the title "The Ugly" . I freaked cause that reminded me something from my problem. Later, I was thinking again about it and wondering what could it mean and a friend randomly said to another friend something like "..... these are signs that he grows up...." signs? He said the word "signs" in a poster that I was wondering what it could mean. Please pray

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is what, in the OCD world, we call a "trigger." It happens to all of us - we come across something that is related to our obsessive topic, and it causes all sorts of panic because we happen to be sensitive to the issue. For example, if I had an obsession about germs, and I saw a poster about hand-washing, I would start feeling anxious and stressed, wondering if I wasn't washing my hands enough. The way to deal with these triggers is to do exactly what the OCD doesn't want you to do, which usually means doing nothing (because usually it wants you to ruminate or do a compulsion!).

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you spoken with a pastor about this? It sounds like you could benefit from spiritual counsel from a mature believer.

Pastors are not trained in mental health and would not be a good person to discuss about something like OCD. In fact, their ignorance about mental illnesses often makes the situation worse of the person seeking help, and the person is often blamed for their illness.

The best bet for the OP is to see a therapist who has treated OCD and other anxiety disorders.

Reactions: Scann
Upvote 0