• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need help. I don't know if what I did was a terrible sin. I have confessed to God but I'm scared.

Isaac Whitehall

Apr 13, 2020
Pekin
✟7,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Now this is going to sound crazy, because really it is. When I was praying before bed roughly a week ago, I said something blasphemous. My religious OCD kicked in and now I have been repeating the phrase "I worship God" over and over in my head. Around 15 minutes ago, while repeating this phrase, I ACCIDENTALLY didn't say God, but the bad guy, if you know what I'm saying. I have been a christian my whole life, and was baptized last december. I need help, because, while I did confess, I'm scared that what I accidentally said in my head will damn me forever.

I've been having panic attacks because of this and I need help.

Last edited:

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now this is going to sound crazy, because really it is. When I was praying before bed roughly a week ago, I said something blasphemous. My religious OCD kicked in and now I have been repeating the phrase "I worship God" over and over in my head. Around 15 minutes ago, while repeating this phrase, I ACCIDENTALLY didn't say God, but the bad guy, if you know what I'm saying. I have been a christian my whole life, and was baptized last december. I need help, because, while I did confess, I'm scared that what I accidentally said in my head will damn me forever.

Then tell God you are sorry, as 1john1:9 says He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purified from all unrighteousness.

Then thank him for forgiving you.

Upvote 0

Hopeful37

Mar 20, 2020
Somewhere
✟49,318.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Isaac, God knows it was a mistake and u didn't mean to hurt Him. He also knows that u have religious OCD. I don't think He's upset. Continue to pray. You are still very much loved by Him.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isaac, God knows it was a mistake and u didn't mean to hurt Him. He also knows that u have religious OCD. I don't think He's upset. Continue to pray. You are still very much loved by Him.
@Hopeful37 Continuing in prayer is indeed the believer's vital breath. "Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving." (Colossians 4.2)

Reactions: Hopeful37
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then tell God you are sorry, as 1john1:9 says He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purified from all unrighteousness.

Then thank him for forgiving you.

as a fellow OCD/scrupulosity sufferer i can tell you it doesnt sound crazy. it sounds relateable.

Reactions: Andre_b
Upvote 0

Saved0126

Jun 5, 2020
Northern VA
✟15,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaac----I have been walking with God for 23 years and have had the same thing happen a few times in those 23 years. God assures us that he is concerned about taking us from Glory to Glory. He knows when we our condition is frail and when we are strong, but no matter what he continues to nudge you forward. If you have asked for forgiveness, he has erased the mistake. He is interested in all the things he still wants to do with you and through you. It's a love that was committed to us while we were still sinners....

Reactions: Hopeful37
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums