United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm trying so hard to change and not be pushy with others
or impatient with them,but cannot seem to quit struggling.
I still get impatient waiting for others to write to me,and
tend to be pushy with others.When Its pointed out I feel
bad but cannot seem to get past these struggles.Can anyone help
me,or give me some advice.I truly do want to change and be more like God.

preacher4truth

Jesus saved me.
Nov 26, 2014
✟18,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'd say that it is God working in you to will and to work for His good pleasure...

That you struggle with self to do so is actually a good sign.

(I probably should have waited a lot longer before responding to work on your patience) :p :wave:

Php. 2:14 is also a good following context of above. :)

Upvote 0

~Jo~

Just becareful out there.
Mar 8, 2008
In my room
✟20,354.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you should try and cut yourself some slack, and stop worry about what others think about you, also stop trying to be more like God after all there really is one one of him. Have you ever thought that the more you impatient you are the more you struggle with it, being impatient try and relax more do other things and most of all stop worry about everything, it will all come together in its on good time..

Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear its just my opinion on life.. friends come and go all the time, been there and done it loads and yes it hurts, but you have to move on from it and try to learn and grow from the experience..

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
That would say I didnt care to be more like God,Wouldn't it?
I just want this struggle to be over.

As long as you are a Christian, this struggle will never be over. And it shouldn't be because you will never attain being God...if you are more like him next year, then you will have made progress, but you will still have more room to be more like God. So this struggle will never end.

But here's the thing. You are struggling with you. In other words, you are trying to be more like God on your own time, your own merits, your own efforts. But Jesus said to give your cares to him, and to take on his load because his burden is light and his yoke is easy. It is not you who transforms yourself into his likeness; it is the Spirit who transforms you into his likeness. So stop doing it on your own power because then you will never live in his victory.

One discipleship program that can really help with this process is Freedom Session. Check out the website Stand Strong?Walk in Truth | Freedom Session International Ministries and see if your pastor would be interested in bringing it to his church. If not, the author of the program, Ken Dyck, has been working on getting the program into an online community, so you could try that route. Our church has been offering it for 3 years, and I have been involved in it for 4 years, so I know for myself what a difference this program can make. It really teaches you how to let the Spirit do the work of transformation, and how our job is not to transform ourselves, but to yield to his work in us. It also offers a lot of practical ways to deal with the root of why we do the things we do - for you it would be impatience.

Upvote 0

preacher4truth

Jesus saved me.
Nov 26, 2014
✟18,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As long as you are a Christian, this struggle will never be over. And it shouldn't be because you will never attain being God...if you are more like him next year, then you will have made progress, but you will still have more room to be more like God. So this struggle will never end.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chapmic

Follower of Jesus
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2014
✟50,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The fact that you are aware of it, is a good sign because now when you sense that you are getting impatient you can battle it. I know sometimes I get impatient waiting in long lines, to battle this stress I take a deep breath and tell myself Jesus is in control and I will get through this. Whenever I feel stress entering my mind, I counter it by counting my blessings and being grateful for the people in my life and remembering good childhood memories to past the time. I hope and believe these techniques can help you, I will be praying for you and God bless!

Upvote 0

abacabb3

Jul 14, 2013
✟82,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've struggled with this, and I prayed, and God never seemed to answer the prayers. I almost lost my marriage due to in art my own impatience and anger, and I had to close a mildly successful business just tog et away from all the strings attached. However, God changed me thoroughly. No more cursing, I'm able to be patient, much less angry.

So you do what you are doing, trying and praying. God will eventually answer. If you want practical advice, perhaps remind yourself of whom you are hurting and how you are hurting yourself specifically. GOd often teaches us through loss.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It suggests you want to be more like Christ yes. Paul was never satisfied, and obviously he struggled as well -- Romans 7:21-25. Our trials won't end under the Sun and we should be thankful in the midst of our trials.

Yes I do.I want so much to be more like God!

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But here's the thing. You are struggling with you. In other words, you are trying to be more like God on your own time, your own merits, your own efforts. But Jesus said to give your cares to him, and to take on his load because his burden is light and his yoke is easy. It is not you who transforms yourself into his likeness; it is the Spirit who transforms you into his likeness. So stop doing it on your own power because then you will never live in his victory.

This speaks to me so much,I do try to do things on my own,
and forget to turn to God.I'm sorry and know I should turn to him more
but have been praying on and off about this and it seems as if my prayers not being answered,Yes I do better for a while but still slip up alot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The fact that you are aware of it, is a good sign because now when you sense that you are getting impatient you can battle it. I know sometimes I get impatient waiting in long lines, to battle this stress I take a deep breath and tell myself Jesus is in control and I will get through this. Whenever I feel stress entering my mind, I counter it by counting my blessings and being grateful for the people in my life and remembering good childhood memories to past the time. I hope and believe these techniques can help you, I will be praying for you and God bless!

Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Have you ever given yourself a deadline where you tell yourself you CANNOT write again to someone for the next day or 2 days or whatever? Wouldn't that help you to not appear pushy?

You say you feel bad and that you feel like you're letting God down. Try forgiving yourself. It's such a tough thing for all of us to do...forgive what God has already forgiven.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Have you ever given yourself a deadline where you tell yourself you CANNOT write again to someone for the next day or 2 days or whatever? Wouldn't that help you to not appear pushy?

You say you feel bad and that you feel like you're letting God down. Try forgiving yourself. It's such a tough thing for all of us to do...forgive what God has already forgiven.

Yes I have tried that and don't write back to my friend right away.
As far as forgiving myself I have a really hard time with that,How do you
know Gods already forgiven me for something I keep slipping up at?

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

sounds like you're having a few problems here;
1. accepting God's timing on the outcome of things.
2. wanting to initiate the action phase of a problem yourself.
3. not being the one in charge of a situation
4. anxiety issues when handling uncertanty.

a lot of these feelings could stem from being subjected to a lot of uncertanty in your life, or events happening to you that are out of your direct control.
Neither of these things above are unusual in today's world.

the way to overcome them is to recognize the difference between which things are under your control, and which things are under God's control.:thumbsup::amen:

to do that, just make two different lists--the first list is for the things that you can control yourself, and the second list is for what God can control.

The first list is what you post on your door, or your mirror--wherever you can see it often.

The second list you tear up, and then get busy working on the first list.:)

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0