I need help, but all you can do is pray for me. Will you please pray for me?

Joslyn04

Jun 17, 2019
Barbour Rd
✟24,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a problem that is a sin, and it is incredibly hard to overcome. I can go weeks without commiting the sin, but then I'll get right back to it and it's hard for me and I am very ashamed of myself. I have prayed countless times and I still feel like I am left to handle this problem on my own. I am sick of sinning, especially since after doing it I feel pathetic, ashamed, and weak. I really do need help, but I am too scared to tell any of my family members even though I know they would still love me and try their best to help me. Sometimes I feel so bad that I tried punishing myself by cutting, but I was unsuccessful because of fear but it still left a mark on my skin. I'm afraid that if I do wrong against God again I will then succeed IF I try cutting again. It's not easy to just "stop". So please, pray for me.

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a problem that is a sin, and it is incredibly hard to overcome. I can go weeks without commiting the sin, but then I'll get right back to it and it's hard for me and I am very ashamed of myself. I have prayed countless times and I still feel like I am left to handle this problem on my own. I am sick of sinning, especially since after doing it I feel pathetic, ashamed, and weak. I really do need help, but I am too scared to tell any of my family members even though I know they would still love me and try their best to help me. Sometimes I feel so bad that I tried punishing myself by cutting, but I was unsuccessful because of fear but it still left a mark on my skin. I'm afraid that if I do wrong against God again I will then succeed IF I try cutting again. It's not easy to just "stop". So please, pray for me.
Pray that God would move you out of your sin. If He does, good. If He doesn't, perhaps it isn't that big a deal. Just trust Him to manage you well.

I will pray for you too ...

P.S. Please don't punish yourself. That's God's job. Let Him do it. For He knows what is needful ... and what is not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Accept the love and forgiveness Jesus offers. You don't have to cut yourself, Jesus loves you and knows when you're sorry and when you're trying to do better. He knows the things you struggle with, and loves you no matter how unworthy or ashamed you feel. Accept the love <3

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
First I pray for healing from the underlying reason why you are "cutting." I pray you will turn to the Savior and not try to stop through your personal efforts. Trying is pointless and useless. "Anyone who continues to sin becomes a slave to sin."

The habit is from the devil - also whatever is behind it - and he is stronger than we are. But! The Savior is infinitely stronger than him. "He came to set the captive free." I pray you let go and turn it all over to Him. He knows what to do and will free you.

Upvote 0

Joslyn04

Jun 17, 2019
Barbour Rd
✟24,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How are you doing today Sister?

I'm doing a lot better when it comes to what I posted. My eyes are kind of sore for some reason but I think I know why and I will be okay. Thank you for asking! How are you?

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How are you?
I am doing well.

I have been concerned about your attempt at cutting. Praying for you.

ETA:
That stuff is a real lie and deception from our enemy. It says 2 things:

1 - God you did not make me right and I have to change it
2 - that my pain somehow atones for my own sin.

First - God made us perfect in His own image. But our enemy hates that image and wants to mar it up and blur it as much as he can to spite God.

Second - Our Lord's death and resurrection more than covers every sin we can possibly commit. Our own pain amounts to LESS than a drip into the ocean by comparison.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Don’t be tricked by the evil one. Humble yourself and rest assured that God has saved far worse people than you. You are precious to Him. We’re praying for you friend.

“And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!' I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:9-14‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟466,325.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
my dear sister i cut myself i have tried to stop doing it
what helps me is distractions get a list of things you can do to delay cutting even if you do the same thing over and over if you can listen to christian music and post here there is always someone in the forum even if it talking about everyday things get the number of a local mental health hospital psychiatric emergency team talk to them before cutting and get some crisis numbers from phone helplines in your area one last thing dear sister YOU ARE LOVED BY JESUS AND BY US please keep yourself safe

Upvote 0