I need advice on my intense spiritual dreams! Help!

Stephanie Spargur

Mar 5, 2018
Pottstown
✟16,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can I ask everyone's opinion about the dreams I have been Having? It started before I ever read the Bible. I always knew Jesus but wasn't educated when I was younger and the first dream I had was all of my friends were actually demons and I was alone the only Christian and they surrounded me and I was terrified then all the sudden the color purple was shining through the window and I wasn't afraid anymore.

Then like a couple months later I had a dream that I was in a cafe full of people and I just said the name Jesus and all but 2 people ran off scared.

I had another that I was taken by a demonic person and he hit someone in his car and wouldn't stop so I said in the name of Jesus stop this car and let me out and he did and I went to go help the person he hit and we were surrounded by demons once again but I was praying for her and we had a force field protecting us while demons were throwing fireballs at us.

Last night I had another one where me and my 2 boys were in a mall and couldn't leave because a demonic force was controlling the people and there was like some type of boundary we couldn't pass. I remember waking up scared then when I went back to sleep I did it all over again but this time I knew the mall was going to get me killed and I was excited to go because I knew I was going to meet Jesus !

I know it's a lot but I want to know what God is trying to tell me idk what else to do.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can I ask everyone's opinion about the dreams I have been Having? It started before I ever read the Bible. I always knew Jesus but wasn't educated when I was younger and the first dream I had was all of my friends were actually demons and I was alone the only Christian and they surrounded me and I was terrified then all the sudden the color purple was shining through the window and I wasn't afraid anymore.

Then like a couple months later I had a dream that I was in a cafe full of people and I just said the name Jesus and all but 2 people ran off scared.

I had another that I was taken by a demonic person and he hit someone in his car and wouldn't stop so I said in the name of Jesus stop this car and let me out and he did and I went to go help the person he hit and we were surrounded by demons once again but I was praying for her and we had a force field protecting us while demons were throwing fireballs at us.

Last night I had another one where me and my 2 boys were in a mall and couldn't leave because a demonic force was controlling the people and there was like some type of boundary we couldn't pass. I remember waking up scared then when I went back to sleep I did it all over again but this time I knew the mall was going to get me killed and I was excited to go because I knew I was going to meet Jesus !

I know it's a lot but I want to know what God is trying to tell me idk what else to do.

The last one, in the mall, where so many people are pursuing just material things as their aids in life, made me remember how He said to us:

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6 NIV

He has spoken many things for us to listen and hear, and we are greatly helped by his words, in the 4 gospels. You can gain much from reading what He says, things you will need. In this same chapter (verses 5 through 15) is the prayer He gave us to pray, for some of the most crucial things of all.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
First and most importantly, speaking as a psychology major, I can tell you that dream interpretation is something insanely easy to do horribly wrong. General advice is to not read too much into any of it.
Take this as an opportunity to deepen your prayer life & relationship with God; give yourself totally to Him. "Blessed are the poor in spirit..."
God's looking out for you, and wants you to be with Him completely. Have no fears; If God is for us, who can be against us?

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First and most importantly, speaking as a psychology major, I can tell you that dream interpretation is something insanely easy to do horribly wrong. General advice is to not read too much into any of it.
Take this as an opportunity to deepen your prayer life & relationship with God; give yourself totally to Him. "Blessed are the poor in spirit..."
God's looking out for you, and wants you to be with Him completely. Have no fears; If God is for us, who can be against us?
Your advice is sound! However, perhaps it would be better to not mention the psychology major...being a first year student does not really qualify one to add a statement that gives authority to advice. Perhaps you did not mean it as to make yourself sound more authoritative, but adding that part makes an implication. I am trying to write this as advice, not an admonishment of your studies, they are important and valuable - as is your opinion. :)

Upvote 0

Stephanie Spargur

Mar 5, 2018
Pottstown
✟16,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

You are awesome for this message. Looking at him and only him should've been my first reaction.

Thank you <3

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not every dream that has spiritual content, even the name of Jesus, or Jesus in it is from God. If there is anything to gain from your dreams it is the fact that as the bible says "We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, rulers of darkness in high places".

The only way to beat the devil is to start in prayer, maybe God is calling you to pray for your friends, to pray for the people in the mall. To pray that they be liberated from the power of Satan. If you have a dream in future like the ones you are having pray for the people you see in your dreams.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Stephanie Spargur

Mar 5, 2018
Pottstown
✟16,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not every dream that has spiritual content, even the name of Jesus, or Jesus in it is from God. If there is anything to gain from your dreams it is the fact that as the bible says "We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, rulers of darkness in high places".

The only way to beat the devil is to start in prayer, maybe God is calling you to pray for your friends, to pray for the people in the mall. To pray that they be liberated from the power of Satan. If you have a dream in future like the ones you are having pray for the people you see in your dreams.

That is such a great point, thank you for pointing it out.. And the one dream when there was a demonic person following me, that wasn't the whole dream because it was really terrifying the things i saw. I knew in that dream that Satan was influencing it but because God protected us I knew he was trying to make me see.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I wouldn’t make too much out of it. It is probably some big fear playing itself out in your dreams.

Do you have irrational fears?

Upvote 0

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Pay no attention to your dreams. Only pay attention to your heart. Just because you witness some demonic apparitions in your sleep does not mean that the Lord is trying to speak to you. Beware of false prophets on this forum who try to interpret your dream when they cannot tell you that the Lord has revealed to them with 100% certainty that these dreams are of God. Just so you know, demons can stir dreams in us as well. And are you surprised? They whisper lies in our ears all day, they place snares and stumbling blocks in our way every day, and they do not cease their onslaught just because we are sleeping. If they can do these things while we are awake, is it shocking to know that they can conjure demonic visions in your mind while you sleep? They can even do this while you are awake, for even Satan masquerades himself as an angel of light all the time (e.g. Joseph Smith).

The holy wise men of God have always advised not to pay attention to your dreams, lest you become disturbed and distracted from the Kingdom of God. How much time and energy have you wasted dwelling on these things?

The other pitfall is that you would become conceited and think that the Lord has favored you as He did the great Saints in the scriptures, leading you believe that you are somehow on par with them,which is not the case because you are obviously confused and lost rather than at peace. And I doubt that you would say that your holiness rivals that of Joseph, for example, in OT and NT.

If these dreams are of the Lord, do not worry. If you ignore them, He will make his message known to you one way or another. But if you live a very careless life, neglect many of the commandments, and seldom find any cause for godly sorrow-filled repentance, then you should know that these dreams are certainly from demons. Without constant repentance and the recognition that you are the worst of sinners (as Paul thought of himself), then you are far from the path of humility. Pride attracts demons, humility attracts grace.

One final possibility is that these dreams are simply from your own imagination,which is fine. But as it is, you seem to have the assumption that God is communicating with you when you have no reason to believe such a thing. If He was, then you would know without any doubts and you would not be posting here. Furthermore, you would be filled with humility rather than conceit if this was truly the case.

Again, ignore false prophets who try "interpreting" your dream according to their carnal minds.

My recommendation is that you ignore these dreams, focus on repentance with humility and faith in Christ, and make your best effort with the grace of God to live a life that is pleasing to Him. What else could He want from you?

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Greetings, Stephanie! I hadn't read any of your previous responses yet except the last one, which I can see while typing this. I strongly suggest you ignore that one completely. But if anything I say is a repeat of the others, forgive me. I tend to keep my mind free of other influences to hear from God first.

There appears to be a common thread through nearly all of them: Namely, that you must stand for God, understanding that the worldly will despise you for it, or at least you will have the feeling that they do (1 Peter 4:4). It's present in this first dream, in that they surround you and terrify you. The color purple represents Royalty, i.e. the Lord Jesus Christ coming to strengthen you, though He probably didn't appear as Himself in this dream because you were not yet Christian and that might have freaked you out a bit, LoL.

This dream again portrays worldly people (the majority) as enemies of God and of Christ, which is unfortunately the truth these days. But despite being in the majority, they flee at the hearing of His name coming from you. The lesson is "Be fearless in Christ, and stand though the majority may oppose you."

The "demonic person" is a reference to someone given over to evil influence, and possibly violent (which is a new addition to the dreams). Yet despite actually resorting to violence, again the authority of Christ enters the picture because you speak in the Name of Jesus, and again His power protects you and the other person you are seeking to help (the force field represents angelic protection).

Here is yet another advance on the theme, for now you might be facing death, yet even this you stand fearlessly against. And this time you do so as an example to your children.

Again the mall is a place where worldly people frequent, and again they are controlled by demonic "forces" (i.e. influence). But whereas normally you use the name of Jesus to repel demonic influences in people, here you are embracing the possibility that God might allow you to die for Him, and STILL you are not afraid. And the fact that you take this attitude in front of your two boys means you are setting an example of faith and of standing for Christ at all cost before them.

In short, it means continue to be increasingly courageous in taking your stand for Christ, especially in the public arena (1 Peter 3:15-16). You are being called by God to set an example of compete fearlessness for your children to follow.

Some might argue these dreams are not from God, but it sure sounds like it to me, LoL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, Stephanie! I hadn't read any of your previous responses yet except the last one, which I can see while typing this. I strongly suggest you ignore that one completely. But if anything I say is a repeat of the others, forgive me. I tend to keep my mind free of other influences to hear from God first.

There appears to be a common thread through nearly all of them: Namely, that you must stand for God, understanding that the worldly will despise you for it, or at least you will have the feeling that they do (1 Peter 4:4). It's present in this first dream, in that they surround you and terrify you. The color purple represents Royalty, i.e. the Lord Jesus Christ coming to strengthen you, though He probably didn't appear as Himself in this dream because you were not yet Christian and that might have freaked you out a bit, LoL.

This dream again portrays worldly people (the majority) as enemies of God and of Christ, which is unfortunately the truth these days. But despite being in the majority, they flee at the hearing of His name coming from you. The lesson is "Be fearless in Christ, and stand though the majority may oppose you."

The "demonic person" is a reference to someone given over to evil influence, and possibly violent (which is a new addition to the dreams). Yet despite actually resorting to violence, again the authority of Christ enters the picture because you speak in the Name of Jesus, and again His power protects you and the other person you are seeking to help (the force field represents angelic protection).

Here is yet another advance on the theme, for now you might be facing death, yet even this you stand fearlessly against. And this time you do so as an example to your children.

Again the mall is a place where worldly people frequent, and again they are controlled by demonic "forces" (i.e. influence). But whereas normally you use the name of Jesus to repel demonic influences in people, here you are embracing the possibility that God might allow you to die for Him, and STILL you are not afraid. And the fact that you take this attitude in front of your two boys means you are setting an example of faith and of standing for Christ at all cost before them.

In short, it means continue to be increasingly courageous in taking your stand for Christ, especially in the public arena (1 Peter 3:15-16). You are being called by God to set an example of compete fearlessness for your children to follow.

Some might argue these dreams are not from God, but it sure sounds like it to me, LoL.

You are not a prophet of the Lord. Therefore, do not speak as if your interpretation is of the Holy Spirit and thereby lead the OP astray by your deluded opinions. You have no credibility to be able to say that your interpretation is of God. And if it is not of God, then it is of Satan, or, at best, of prideful self opinion.

Furthermore, you must also prove how it is that you know that these dreams are of God.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not a prophet of the Lord. Therefore, do not speak as if your interpretation is of the Holy Spirit and thereby lead the OP astray by your deluded opinions. You have no credibility to be able to say that your interpretation is of God. And if it is not of God, then it is of Satan, or, at best, of prideful self opinion.

LoL. You seem like a very nice guy. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Inquire of the Lord for correct interpretation, that is what Daniel and others
did in the Bible. If your dreams be prophetic, the Lord will reveal to you what
they mean.

Yes, but you do not mention the holiness of their lifestyle. How many of us can claim to parallel such holy men of God? Of course such as were so pure in heart will see God. Is that not what the Lord says? Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but you do not mention the holiness of their lifestyle. How many of us can claim to parallel such holy men of God?

Actually, Theophan, it has more to do with humility than holiness. The prophets are human beings like anyone else and have their weakness and propensities to sin just like anyone else does. But those given spiritual gifts are those whom God can entrust them to, meaning they have no desire to be seen as anything special, nor any interest in domineering over others or taking money, and they don't easily take offense when belittled. They simply want to minister, obediently fulfill their calling, and give the glory to God, where it rightly belongs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Btw Stephanie, this was just a general overview of the common elements present throughout the four dreams you posted. In order to get down to specifics on each one, you would need to go back and try and remember what you were going through at the time you had each one.

As for your most recent dream, it seems to focus on your kids. You are in a mall setting (something children love in this worldly life), and the fact that you are unable to escape probably refers to how living in this world means having to face the fact that there is no escaping from being hated for Christ's sake. This is a lesson that you are to teach your two sons, so that they don't think they are doing something "wrong" by standing up for Christ in the public arena.

Let me know if you would prefer discussing things in private. I can send you a conversation.

Upvote 0

Stephanie Spargur

Mar 5, 2018
Pottstown
✟16,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wouldn’t make too much out of it. It is probably some big fear playing itself out in your dreams.

Do you have irrational fears?

I do the fear of people. It’s weird because I love people but am also scared I am being judged or hated.
Anxiety I guess but I talk to God about it more than anything

Upvote 0

Stephanie Spargur

Mar 5, 2018
Pottstown
✟16,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Pay no attention to your dreams. Only pay attention to your heart. Just because you witness some demonic apparitions in your sleep does not mean that the Lord is trying to speak to you. Beware of false prophets on this forum who try to interpret your dream when they cannot tell you that the Lord has revealed to them with 100% certainty that these dreams are of God. Just so you know, demons can stir dreams in us as well. And are you surprised? They whisper lies in our ears all day, they place snares and stumbling blocks in our way every day, and they do not cease their onslaught just because we are sleeping. If they can do these things while we are awake, is it shocking to know that they can conjure demonic visions in your mind while you sleep? They can even do this while you are awake, for even Satan masquerades himself as an angel of light all the time (e.g. Joseph Smith).

The holy wise men of God have always advised not to pay attention to your dreams, lest you become disturbed and distracted from the Kingdom of God. How much time and energy have you wasted dwelling on these things?

The other pitfall is that you would become conceited and think that the Lord has favored you as He did the great Saints in the scriptures, leading you believe that you are somehow on par with them,which is not the case because you are obviously confused and lost rather than at peace. And I doubt that you would say that your holiness rivals that of Joseph, for example, in OT and NT.

If these dreams are of the Lord, do not worry. If you ignore them, He will make his message known to you one way or another. But if you live a very careless life, neglect many of the commandments, and seldom find any cause for godly sorrow-filled repentance, then you should know that these dreams are certainly from demons. Without constant repentance and the recognition that you are the worst of sinners (as Paul thought of himself), then you are far from the path of humility. Pride attracts demons, humility attracts grace.

One final possibility is that these dreams are simply from your own imagination,which is fine. But as it is, you seem to have the assumption that God is communicating with you when you have no reason to believe such a thing. If He was, then you would know without any doubts and you would not be posting here. Furthermore, you would be filled with humility rather than conceit if this was truly the case.

Again, ignore false prophets who try "interpreting" your dream according to their carnal minds.

My recommendation is that you ignore these dreams, focus on repentance with humility and faith in Christ, and make your best effort with the grace of God to live a life that is pleasing to Him. What else could He want from you?

You def have a point. I just didn’t know if I was missing something but I know God always protecting me in my dreams is him reminding me he is always there.
Thank you!

Upvote 0