I Need Advice On Dating Christian Women As A Very Open Minded Christian?

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol something like that.
I was editing my post above to say that...
Politically, I'm comparatively open-minded about drugs and alcohol.
And certainly don't see the Bible prohibiting alcohol use, other than drunkenness as a lifestyle.

Have you read the Bible?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I've read the Bible at least once and some scriptures in the New Testament multiple times.
That's good. A Christian woman will want a man that is solid with his Bible knowledge. So I encourage you to press into that. Read daily, go deep. Study it.

It just occurred to me that I was a bit of a wild one in my youth, but I married a woman that was raised in the church and was pretty straight as far as that goes. It seems that opposites attract. Been married nearly 40 years now. With two sons.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's good. A Christian woman will want a man that is solid with his Bible knowledge. So I encourage you to press into that. Read daily, go deep. Study it.

It just occurred to me that I was a bit of a wild one in my youth, but I married a woman that was raised in the church and was pretty straight as far as that goes. It seems that opposites attract. Been married nearly 40 years now. With two sons.
I'm so happy for you that it seems like you're in a healthy relationship and married with kids I want that so much.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so happy for you that it seems like you're in a healthy relationship and married with kids I want that so much.
The key thing is to marry someone that believes that marriage is forever. (in earthly terms, of course) Don't marry someone that just wants to try it to see if it will work. Marriage is hard. If you have a back door, you will leave. It's worth it in the end. It takes a solid commitment. When you meet the right woman, you will know. Accept no substitutes.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"Politically, I'm comparatively open-minded about drugs and alcohol."

Well now Stevie, are you sure you don't want to remove that "saint"

Explain what you mean by Politically? It's okay to use drugs if you are political?lol Seriously though.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Politically, I'm comparatively open-minded about drugs and alcohol."

Well now Stevie, are you sure you don't want to remove that "saint"

Explain what you mean by Politically? It's okay to use drugs if you are political?lol Seriously though.
I'm not using any illegal drugs. But I don't believe we should be sending people to prison for years for the possession of a couple of ounces of Marijuana. Even the penalties for larger distributors are out of line in my opinion. Marijuana needs to be decriminalized completely. Lives aren't being destroyed by drugs. Lives are being destroyed due to a corrupt political/legal system. The war on drugs is killing us.

Consider this. Is Cannabis part of God's creation? It seems it was intended for our use. Our bodies are loaded with cannabinoid receptors that respond to multiple medicines that are in cannabis. Researchers cannot get the material or permissions they need to breed low THC cannabis with life-saving medicines. Hemp oil is being used illegally to cure cancer. Do a search for Rick Simpson hemp oil to get the story.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
As to the wine. Drinking is a personal thing and if you believe in it then in moderation, hopefully. For me I again say that I think that anything that changes your senses is not a good thing.
A little bit leaves me without my wits. And I don't have much of that:)

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As to the wine. Drinking is a personal thing and if you believe in it then in moderation, hopefully. For me I again say that I think that anything that changes your senses is not a good thing.
Some claim that the wine in the new testament was unfermented grape juice. Is that what Jesus was talking about here? (nope) What kind of wine bursts wineskins? (fermented)

Matthew 9:17
Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another favorite. After Jesus turns the water into wine. Alcoholic or not?

John 2:10
and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's really commendable Steve. Congratulations on your 40 years and for your wife putting up with you, lol. Thumbs up! No emoticons for replies:(
Thanks. How long have you been married?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a scripture for the topic originator (@christianforever999) to consider. How do you measure up?

Galatians 5:19-21
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes I drink in moderation when I do drink which is starting to get rare for me because I found psychedelics which are many times better for my spirit and body than alcohol.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here's a scripture for the topic originator (@christianforever999) to consider. How do you measure up?

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Are you serious? Why are you posting this? What makes you think that I am involved in any of these things? What just because I say I take psychedelics that makes me prone to all these crazy things? Pff Us young people can see right through BS like this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you serious? Why are you posting this? What makes you think that I am involved in any of these things? What just because I say I take psychedelics that makes me prone to all these crazy things? Pff Us young people can see right through BS like this.
Why am I posting this? It's completely in line with the questions you were asking in your OP. (opening post) You seem to be over-reacting.

If you want to attract a Christian mate this would be a good tool to measure with. I'm not accusing you of anything. But sometimes we are not aware of things we need to be. Did you see the word "witchcraft" in this list? The King James Version uses the word "sorcery".

The NT Greek definition is interesting. I'm guessing you have never looked it up. The NT Greek word is pharmakeia. Does that look like an English word you are familiar with? Like pharmacy, or pharmaceuticals, drugs. Here's the NT Greek definition.

pharmakeia S5331 (Strong's number)
medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):--sorcery, witchcraft.

When does medication become a sin? When it is used for spiritual purposes. Defined as sorcery, or witchcraft. This is the connection between drugs and the occult. If you are using drugs for spiritual purposes, you are one step away from the occult. We can conclude that this is unacceptable behavior for a Christian.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why am I posting this? It's completely in line with the questions you were asking in your OP. (opening post) You seem to be over-reacting.

If you want to attract a Christian mate this would be a good tool to measure with. I'm not accusing you of anything. But sometimes we are not aware of things we need to be. Did you see the word "witchcraft" in this list? The King James Version uses the word "sorcery".

The NT Greek definition is interesting. I'm guessing you have never looked it up. The NT Greek word is pharmakeia. Does that look like an English word you are familiar with? Like pharmacy, or pharmaceuticals, drugs. Here's the NT Greek definition.

pharmakeia S5331 (Strong's number)
medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):--sorcery, witchcraft.

When does medication become a sin? When it is used for spiritual purposes. Defined as sorcery, or witchcraft. This is the connection between drugs and the occult. If you are using drugs for spiritual purposes, you are one step away from the occult. We can conclude that this is unacceptable behavior for a Christian.

I was getting what you were talking about until you mentioned the occult and witchcraft. There is nothing wrong with the occult and witchcraft if it's used properly. It's like a knife which can be used to kill or heal. Your not viewing things objectively. You have blinders on. You have to grow out of that or you will never be born again. What do you think Jesus meant when he said he that unless you are born again cannot be saved. He meant that until you see truth, the objective truth for what it really is then you are still blind, your ego is still blinding you. This is hard but can be done. You can start by investigating yourself if the occult and witchcraft can be practiced in a way that doesn't cause suffering. Besides that was Paul that wrote that, Paul didn't even know what Jesus taught. Paul taught redemption, Jesus taught the kingdom of heaven.

And Paul and James definitely disagreed on works. Paul taught salvation by faith through grace. James taught "Faith without works is dead already."

I googled what the occult meant and it means - supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena.. What is objectively wrong with that?

As far as witchcraft well yes that can be used for bad but it can also be used for good. Like white magic. Like talking with dead loved ones which can help bring reconciliation and healing to grieving loved ones. Or perhaps help bring good luck to someone that has had a lot of bad luck in their life. Or perhaps break a spell.

I think it's possible that Paul and some of the other bible prophets were just afraid of people that cast bad spells on others. That was their main fear. Heck perhaps there was a lot of fearmongering and bad publicity and bad propaganda out there against witches and occult leaders because they were overly superstitious and paranoid back then.

What is objectively wrong with white magic and the occult as long as they don't cause suffering to anyone?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was getting what you were talking about until you mentioned the occult and witchcraft. There is nothing wrong with the occult and witchcraft if it's used properly. It's like a knife which can be used to kill or heal. Your not viewing things objectively. You have blinders on. You have to grow out of that or you will never be born again. What do you think Jesus meant when he said he that unless you are born again cannot be saved. He meant that until you see truth, the objective truth for what it really is then you are still blind, your ego is still blinding you. This is hard but can be done. You can start by investigating yourself if the occult and witchcraft can be practiced in a way that doesn't cause suffering. Besides that was Paul that wrote that, Paul didn't even know what Jesus taught. Paul taught redemption, Jesus taught the kingdom of heaven.

And Paul and James definitely disagreed on works. Paul taught salvation by faith through grace. James taught "Faith without works is dead already."

I googled what the occult meant and it means - supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena.. What is objectively wrong with that?

As far as witchcraft well yes that can be used for bad but it can also be used for good. Like white magic. Like talking with dead loved ones which can help bring reconciliation and healing to grieving loved ones. Or perhaps help bring good luck to someone that has had a lot of bad luck in their life. Or perhaps break a spell.

I think it's possible that Paul and some of the other bible prophets were just afraid of people that cast bad spells on others. That was their main fear. Heck perhaps there was a lot of fearmongering and bad publicity and bad propaganda out there against witches and occult leaders because they were overly superstitious and paranoid back then.

What is objectively wrong with white magic and the occult as long as they don't cause suffering to anyone?
The Bible makes no distinction between black and white magic. The scripture we already looked at was addressing witchcraft and sorcery of any kind. Those who practice these things will not inherit the kingdom of God. The same Greek word is used in Revelation about the final judgment. Again, no distinctions made. "... those who practice magic arts..." Interesting to note that the word "practice" appears in all three of these scriptures.

Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Revelation 22:14-15
Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I always want to ask, Have you studied the bible? For me I have read it many times, roaming all over it in no particular order but I realized that reading it was not the same as studying it.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@christianforever999 Let's talk about what the Bible means when it say "born again".

The key scripture is in the gospel of John chapter three.

John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's that pesky "kingdom of God" thing again. No one that practices the magic arts, sorcery, or witchcraft (black or white) will inherit the kingdom of God. No one who is not born again will see the kingdom of God. Therefore the claim that the person "enlightened" to practice the magic arts is born again is false according to the Bible. We know what practicing the magic arts is, but what does it mean to be born again? (according to the Bible) Jesus goes on to say this.

John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

So, we are talking about a spiritual rebirth. I'm guessing you were already aware of that part. The disagreement seems to be about what that means. The Apostle Peter says it this way.

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

So, this spiritual rebirth is in reference to eternal life. Again, you probably already knew that. Jesus is recorded as saying this in prayer.

John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

So, this spiritual rebirth to eternal life is about our relationship to God that was broken in the Garden of Eden and compounded in our own sin. But how do we describe this broken relationship and the road to eternal life? This set of verses is called the Romans Road, which you may or may not be familiar with. It describes the state we find ourselves in, the penalty, and the remedy.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Here is a cautionary statement about the god of this age. The god who is the power source for the magic arts.

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Upvote 0