I Need Advice On Dating Christian Women As A Very Open Minded Christian?

Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. I am looking to date and marry a christian women. But I don't know if I am too open minded for them or not. So can you please learn a little bit about me and tell me if I would or wouldn't fit in as a christian man. Thanks.

So I have a long a complicated history. Going from fundamentalist christian to evolving into universalism then back to being a christian first and a universalist second. I very strongly believe Jesus exits. That he died and rose from the dead. and he died for the sins of the world, but I don't think of it in the same way many Christians do as I also believe in reincarnation (not the kind where we reincarnate as animals), ghosts (I've had a few experiences), astral projection, near death experiences, meditation, visualization, affirmations, and psychedelics.

So you may ask what do I have to offer a christian women? Well after my last psychedelic trip I realized what the christian faith is all about.

This is what I realized what faith really was. It's following the truth and our highest aspirations that is grounded in reality, despite our biases, hurdles, trials, and tribulations. I say truth because it’s universal and so is Jesus, I say our highest aspirations because we need to ground our truth into something practical and tangible. I say “despite our biases, hurdles, trials, and tribulations” etc because it wouldn’t be faith if we didn’t have competition from distracting stimuli.

For instance

A father choosing to spend time with their child despite wanting to go out drinking with their buddies would be a example of faith that even an atheist could relate to.

A child following their dreams of becoming a scientist despite everyone else in their family not encouraging their education. (trust me this actually happens)

Also faith is a type of creativity. This is a very powerful idea too. I mean Jesus and the holy spirit was very creative the way they put together those parables and metaphors.

This is a very powerful form of faith, suddenly faith is much more than just going to church on Sunday it becomes and all engulfing form of living.

Also I want to offer a message to our child that he will pass down to his children and grand children and great grandchildren and so on where each and every successive generation will grow with the message and the message will be so strong that it will prepare each generation for the hurdles that await it, so the message will evolve for the challenges of that generation. The idea is to have a very strong message about how to overcome for our child and how he can slightly modify that message for his children and so on. A message that will withstand the test of time. I've got so many cool and interesting ideas about spirituality and Christianity that I think it would be really exciting for a christian that is just as open minded as I am.

Anyway do yous think I am too far out there or would there be enough christian women out there that would be interested in dating such an open minded guy like myself.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have some good advice. Thanks.

Reactions: Saint Steven

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
IMHO, you are way out there but you might find someone way out there like you so don't give up.:) You seem to have some contradictions to Christianity in my mind. Still I am not an authority like some of the religious scholars here.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Welcome to the forums. I also believe that ghosts exist and that they are human souls still attached to Earth, save for a relatively small/moderate number of demon spirits. As for reincarnation, I am unsure, but consider it as a possibility, based upon what Jesus said about John the Baptist being Elijah. As to your question, you would probably not find many Evangelical women liking your views. Some of the Mainline churches tend to have members that are more open to unorthodox beliefs. You would have a somewhat better chance there I would think, though it might depend upon where you live. United Methodists in the South are more conservative than those in the rest of the country. As to whether or not you would fit in as a Christian man, most Evangelicals would say "no" and many Mainline Protestant church folks would as well. You probably are a best fit with the Unitarian-Universalists or possibly the Quakers. Having said that, we live in time when more and more Christians are less attached to the strict views of our grandparents. As long as you do not push your views too much, you still might be acceptable to some women in the Mainline Protestant churches.

• Useful
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I, uh... Could you put it more simple to read? I apologize,
I'm not a smart writer such as you. That would help me answer better.
Basically in a nushell are christian women open to really outside of the box thinking on their spiritual beliefs? Cause I could be consider far out there in my christian/spiritual beliefs. But I have very sound reasoning behind those beliefs.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟483,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I
Anyway do yous think I am too far out there or would there be enough christian women out there that would be interested in dating such an open minded guy like myself.

I like the way you think. An open mind is a good thing.

Honestly, I think most Christian women will run the other way. Christianity is not something that has to be reinvented or figured out. It has already been revealed.

In addition, mind altering drugs are not a tool a true Christian would consider using. Not that they're bad, they are simply unnecessary.

I would recommend you use your open mind without the drugs, coupled with an open heart, and consider Christianity from that perspective without trying to figure out what's missing - nothing's missing.

Upvote 0

Thee Librarian

Jan 25, 2018
Chicago
✟16,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi everyone. I am looking to date and marry a christian women. But I don't know if I am too open minded for them or not. So can you please learn a little bit about me and tell me if I would or wouldn't fit in as a christian man. Thanks.

So I have a long a complicated history. Going from fundamentalist christian to evolving into universalism then back to being a christian first and a universalist second. I very strongly believe Jesus exits. That he died and rose from the dead. and he died for the sins of the world, but I don't think of it in the same way many Christians do as I also believe in reincarnation (not the kind where we reincarnate as animals), ghosts (I've had a few experiences), astral projection, near death experiences, meditation, visualization, affirmations, and psychedelics.

So you may ask what do I have to offer a christian women? Well after my last psychedelic trip I realized what the christian faith is all about.

This is what I realized what faith really was. It's following the truth and our highest aspirations that is grounded in reality, despite our biases, hurdles, trials, and tribulations. I say truth because it’s universal and so is Jesus, I say our highest aspirations because we need to ground our truth into something practical and tangible. I say “despite our biases, hurdles, trials, and tribulations” etc because it wouldn’t be faith if we didn’t have competition from distracting stimuli.

For instance

A father choosing to spend time with their child despite wanting to go out drinking with their buddies would be a example of faith that even an atheist could relate to.

A child following their dreams of becoming a scientist despite everyone else in their family not encouraging their education. (trust me this actually happens)

Also faith is a type of creativity. This is a very powerful idea too. I mean Jesus and the holy spirit was very creative the way they put together those parables and metaphors.

This is a very powerful form of faith, suddenly faith is much more than just going to church on Sunday it becomes and all engulfing form of living.

Also I want to offer a message to our child that he will pass down to his children and grand children and great grandchildren and so on where each and every successive generation will grow with the message and the message will be so strong that it will prepare each generation for the hurdles that await it, so the message will evolve for the challenges of that generation. The idea is to have a very strong message about how to overcome for our child and how he can slightly modify that message for his children and so on. A message that will withstand the test of time. I've got so many cool and interesting ideas about spirituality and Christianity that I think it would be really exciting for a christian that is just as open minded as I am.

Stay cool, brand new person.

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since nothing you said can even remotely be confused with Christianity I'm going to say definitely not.

But you could certainly lay off the drugs (they are bad for you) and look into learning about our faith. It's definitely awesome just the way it is..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You yourself said you were far out. I doubt you will find a true Christian church that would condone drugs or other things you mentioned. It sounds like you will look til you find a church that will condone your actions. That would not be Gods house. I am not being mean to you. I believe you want something that is far from Christianity. Off hand I don't know of any religion that condones altered states but I bet there are plenty. Again, they won't be a part of our savior. Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You yourself said you were far out. I doubt you will find a true Christian church that would condone drugs or other things you mentioned. It sounds like you will look til you find a church that will condone your actions. That would not be Gods house. I am not being mean to you. I believe you want something that is far from Christianity. Off hand I don't know of any religion that condones altered states but I bet there are plenty. Again, they won't be a part of our savior. Good luck.

Well what do you think Jesus meant when he talked about drinking a new wine in heaven?

Jesus drank alcohol many times he also turned water into wine. And we now know that alcohol is worse than psychedelics. Not only is alcohol worse for the liver it's also worse for your mind then psychedelics. But I'm sure you don't know anything about psychedelics because you're putting them under the same as umbrella as heroin and methamphetamine I bet. Please correct me if you are not putting psychedelics under the same umbrella as hard drugs.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am. Like LSD.
So basically you're telling me that you believe the Nixons Administrations propaganda when they said that psychedelics have no medicinal value and they're highly addictive, don't you realize that the Nixon Administration was actually just trying to fight the counterculture. The counterculture was against the Vietnam War. And there Catalyst behind their movement was LSD. There was no science behind Nixon's Administration to ban psychedelics.

And LSD definitely isn't my choice of psychedelic, it's not very spiritual compared to the other psychedelics I use.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't believe anyone seeking Jesus would use mind altering drugs and that includes alcohol and anything that deliberately changes their senses. I wish you the best. I can only say that if you believe in Jesus and he is your savior you would do well to stick your nose in the word and try to conform to what he wants for you and the rest, a girlfriend, will fall in behind you..I do hope you go that way. The fight for your soul is ongoing and Jesus loves you and wants you for his own.
God Bless you

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For instance

I think that if you are as open as you have been with us that you find a mate. There are probably lots of women who have a similar background. I don't think you are looking for someone that was raised in the church, though that may work in some cases. Probably someone that sowed their wild oats, as you have. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think that if you are as open as you have been with us that you find a mate. There are probably lots of women who have a similar background. I don't think you are looking for someone that was raised in the church, though that may work in some cases. Probably someone that sowed their wild oats, as you have. Does that make sense?
yeah I get everything except that whole sowing my Wild Oats part.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yeah I get everything except that whole sowing my Wild Oats part.
Oh, sorry. That's an old adage, or idiom. It means you had a time in your youth to explore your boundaries and probably did some dangerous things. But the good news is, you survived. I can empathize. I hope that helps.

Politically, I'm comparatively open-minded about drugs and alcohol.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Chicago
✟8,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh, sorry. That's an old adage, or idiom. It means you had a time in your youth to explore your boundaries and probably did some dangerous things. But the good news is, you survived. I can empathize. I hope that helps.
lol something like that.

Upvote 0