Apr 3, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟2,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm doing a reflection for a bible study that I go to this Thursday about All Saints Day on the readings. For the gospel I wanted to do a meditation on each of the Beatitudes (since they were the readings for that day) and a saint that exemplified each one. For example, for "Blessed are the clean of heart," I wanted to do a reflection on St. Maria Goretti, for "Blessed are the poor in spirit," St. Francis of Assisi, etc.... I got stuck on "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy." For some reason I'm having problems thinking of a saint who had something significant to forgive. I was thinking possibly St. Maria Goretti, but I was going to use her in a different one. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
pax said:
I'm doing a reflection for a bible study that I go to this Thursday about All Saints Day on the readings. For the gospel I wanted to do a meditation on each of the Beatitudes (since they were the readings for that day) and a saint that exemplified each one. For example, for "Blessed are the clean of heart," I wanted to do a reflection on St. Maria Goretti, for "Blessed are the poor in spirit," St. Francis of Assisi, etc.... I got stuck on "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy." For some reason I'm having problems thinking of a saint who had something significant to forgive. I was thinking possibly St. Maria Goretti, but I was going to use her in a different one. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

:scratch: Well, St Padre Pio spent 18 hours in the confession per day to hear confessions...;)

And then I am sure many more have forgiven as they were martyred.
St Peter perhaps..? Since Christ forgave as He was crucified.

Not sure, but just checking in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tel0004

Lost in Translation
Sep 8, 2005
Ohio
✟18,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do Saint John Paul II, yes, the recent pope. Somebody tried to shoot him, and he later went to his jail cell, and talked to him about God, and said that he forgave him. Thats pretty awesome in my book. But wait, John Paul II isnt a saint yet. I already got this one covered. Read 2 corinthians 1. Paul addresses his letter "To the saints in Achaia", meaning that all christians were saints. Im not cathloic, so I dont know if there is a difference between Saint and saint (capital use of S) but you asked for a saint. I thought it was a good idea, and it is a good way of discusssing that EVERY christian is a saint. Well if you dont like my ideas, you are welcome to flame, ill just start a non denomational safehouse.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.