✟15,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello my name is Dustin
I am originally from a small town in Maryland, but now live in Colorado. Since I was about 16 years old I have struggled with my sexuality. I had only ever dated women back home, but when I moved to Colorado the first time about 4 years ago I dated a man for about 2 years, we were emotionally and sexually involved. When we broke up I moved home for a bit only to discover that it was not the same as before. People could not except the fact that I was with a man, so it no longer felt like home and I moved back to Colorado. I have always been a Christian, baptised Methodist when I was young, and still currently attend a non denominational Christian church. I completely and with my whole heart believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I just keep struggling with this part of my life. I want to be happy and spend the rest of my days on this earth doing amazing things. I understand No one can really tell me what to do or how to do it, but I really need some advice. I don't want to end up in Hell for a decision or choice I made on earth. Any one with some advice or comments would be very appreciated.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I understand No one can really tell me what to do or how to do it, but I really need some advice.
Actually any believer immersed in Jesus' Name can testify of the truth to you,
apparently you already know,
and are in a struggle to admit it or to turn to YHWH to do what is right.

Maybe read 1st John for encouragement and instruction,
seeking YHWH'S Kingdom - God's Way - as He Always Planned and as He Paid the Supreme Price for - His Own Son's Crucifixion to set us free from sin and from the penalty of sin also, and from all shame and guilt thereof/ or in the flesh/ in the carnal nature we all were born with.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello my name is Dustin
. I don't want to end up in Hell for a decision or choice I made on earth. Any one with some advice or comments would be very appreciated.

Dustin,

Thanks for comming to this forum and opening up in your very first post
about your moral dilemma. You are in luck!

The only unforgivable sin is rejecting God's Holy Spirit. In your post
you give no indication that you are rejecting or mocking God.
The only way into Hell is to reject and mock the Holy Spirit with
sincerity and persistence. Your salvation is safe forever.

• Informative
Reactions: dwallsmd85
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello my name is Dustin
I am originally from a small town in Maryland, but now live in Colorado. Since I was about 16 years old I have struggled with my sexuality. I had only ever dated women back home, but when I moved to Colorado the first time about 4 years ago I dated a man for about 2 years, we were emotionally and sexually involved. When we broke up I moved home for a bit only to discover that it was not the same as before. People could not except the fact that I was with a man, so it no longer felt like home and I moved back to Colorado. I have always been a Christian, baptised Methodist when I was young, and still currently attend a non denominational Christian church. I completely and with my whole heart believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I just keep struggling with this part of my life. I want to be happy and spend the rest of my days on this earth doing amazing things. I understand No one can really tell me what to do or how to do it, but I really need some advice. I don't want to end up in Hell for a decision or choice I made on earth. Any one with some advice or comments would be very appreciated.

Hello Dustin. As you are aware, loving God with all one's heart, mind, soul, and strength is not about doing "amazing things". It's about bending our knee and our "wills" to a holy God and professing Jesus the Christ, His only begotten Son as our Lord and Savior, and doing what He commands. Otherwise He will turn to us and ask why we call Him "Lord" and NOT do what He commands, and there's also that verse where He turns to those who profess Him, have done "amazing things" in His name, yet He tells them to "depart" for He never "knew" them.

Lots to think about and pray about. God bless and guide you as you do.

Welcome to CF.

:wave:

Upvote 0

dwallsmd85

Dec 18, 2017
Colorado
✟15,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you are in a good place. Sadly, many see no conflict with gay sex and being a Christian. Don't think of yourself as gay or straight but as a Christian. For an exhaustive look on the topic, try this book. God bless.

I just ordered the book. Thank you!

• Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus makes us able to love each and every Christian brother and sister. And love does not have us only wanting to use someone for pleasure. So, first, with any lady of Christ, appreciate her and enjoy sharing with her as your sister.

Our attention needs to be first to finding out how to love every person. So, be careful about letting your attention get elsewhere.

Upvote 0