• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

I need a better idea then this (rigged flour sifter)

Discussion in 'Christian Preppers' started by 2BeholdHisGlory, May 10, 2021.

1. 2BeholdHisGlory

2BeholdHisGlory Still on vacation!

+404
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I was going to buy the KoMo sifter for the KoMo grain mill but after reading some of the reviews I decided against it. I know that hand grinding takes for ever, so I have shortened that buy getting an electric mill but the sifting can be just as long and tedious. I like this womans idea, she is trying to find something to rig to accomplish the job faster BUT I do not think its a safe idea to use the saw she is using and rigging the sifter pans the way she is, but at the same time I'm thinking... might be worth the risk seing how fast it sifts.

I dont know seems like an accident ready to happen, anyone have a better idea than this? Or how to make this one work a little better (safer)?

I would love to hear it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ewq1938

ewq1938 It's easy to say anything but hard to say nothing. Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,839
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Just use an old dull saw blade and cover with lots of duct tape.

3. 2BeholdHisGlory

+404
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thats a good idea, but I dont even have a new saw let alone an old blade for it, any idea how to make it old and dull pretty fast?

Would be pretty cool if someone created something like this (alone)

[​IMG]

Like if there was some easy way (when you look at the left side) to have some sort of built in clamp (that looks similar to what you see) so that you can clip a sifting tray up to it creating a 1 1/2 -2 inch space to move, so that the clamped sifter tray goes back and forth (sifting) without the blade (altogether). I would buy it, seems like an easy thing to create too.

I wish I were an engineer, I would build so many things ^_^

4. 2BeholdHisGlory

+404
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Heres another one, I thought, "what is that"? But he puts it together, and uses a power sander and giant pot with sifting pan that fit pretty well together

I can have my husband build that one, its much safer

Cool idea

5. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,838
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    It's not as dangerous to the operator as to the kitchen and pans/ bowls/ sifter, unless the operator forgets what they are using. However, yes there are much better ways to hook it up. Personally, I'm not sold on the usefulness of the long-stroke sawzall method, as a simpler (and safer) machine such as a pad sander. Whatever, though, the connection should be done through at least a direct screw connection, or if possible, a ball joint connection.

6. ewq1938

ewq1938 It's easy to say anything but hard to say nothing. Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,839
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican

Just use a new blade then or no blade at all if you can somehow attach the saw to the sifter.

7. 2BeholdHisGlory

+404
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yeah, I know me I am accident prone, and my mind always wonders^_^ I was sitting here considering a few things. I do have these large old woofer speaker thingys (that still work) so I thought, maybe if I take out the outer screen and set a bowl inside and turn up the volume with some decent drums that might work too. I do have a power sander though and I do have wood and I do have the huge pot in the secnd video I would just need that sifter insert. I think I can handle this.

8. 2BeholdHisGlory

+404
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thanks ewq, I was looking at other tools that could attach to it, thats a consideration. I do not enjoy sifting through the power tool dept of things.

I think I might have to pass on that saw. After seeing I can do something similar with that power sander set up, I think thats more up my alley.

9. 2BeholdHisGlory

+404
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Okay, I decided on this thing for the vibrations for the sifter

[​IMG]

I have a bad back so it will double for that use too lol

And I just purchased three of these stackable flour sifters in the mesh sizes available 20, 30 and 50

[​IMG]

So I guess I will stack three of these together in a pot large enough and use that back massager thing for the vibration to move the flour through those meshes.

I cant wait to try it. When I get the items I'll let you guys know how it worked out.

10. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,335
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Sounds good Thanks.

11. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+5,189
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    If you do go back to the sawsall, a hacksaw blade has much finer teeth and would be much less aggressive. You also could wrap the blade in cardboard and duct tape.

12. 2BeholdHisGlory

+404
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I think that might be what Ewq sggesting but I kind of missed it because the woman in the video used tape too but she left the blades edges as they were. And yes, I do see which ones you are talking about with the fine teeth on them.

Sure beats having to work with something like a chainsaw to sift something as soft as flour.

That was like an accident waiting to happen. ^_^

Would bee nice to have a stream on your property and grind flour by building one of those small water flour mills, thats at the least one less solar panel you will need.

13. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+759
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    upload_2021-5-11_12-57-31.png
    No need to reinvent the wheel. A big mortar and pestle will do the job.

14. 2BeholdHisGlory

+404
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I just watched a video this week on Townsends and he was using something like that for roasted dent corn (which I never tried before) and it worked beautifully, it was still coarser than you might like but I do not have the strength these days to do that. I can barely grate cheese without my arm feeling like it will fall off ^_^

But those are cool, the larger ones, I wonder how long it would take to make one if you got a decent sized log and began slightly carving into the top and burning through it from top to bottom?

That could be an occupation among preppers, because if someone made one of these to sell these I would buy one from them.