Västra Götaland
✟9,157.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm the loneliest I've ever been. I need my faith more than ever, I need human contact. He passed in 2015 and I'm fine most days. Some days I'm not. It's past midnight in my little corner of the world right now, and I've been up doing puzzles, playing old songs we listened to together and ugly-sobbing.
I want to believe he sees me and knows how I feel, there's so many things I wish I could take back. I want to think I can communicate with him somehow, that God is able to relay to him these thoughts I have. I still can't watch my favorite shows without thinking "man, bubba would've fallen in love with this." The pain is searing. This is actually what prompted me to look up a Christian forum and make this account just a few minutes ago. I really need help, things are beginning to look so dark. God bless and keep all of you, thank you.

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Grief is hard to deal with sometimes. You are still grieving the loss of your father, so you must be gentle with yourself and allow yourself to feel when appropriate. If it gets too harsh, perhaps some grief therapy may help. I am sorry for your loss, but there are people here to stand and pray with you for healing. I shall be one who prays.

Cling to those close to you during this time. I see you are listed as being in a relationship.... perhaps your S.O. can help you get through some of the hard times.

Peace and may God bless you richly

• Agree
Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(((hugs))) My heart aches and goes out to you. I still have moments like you described too, for both my parents are gone (one over 20 years, the other just 10).

Yes, believers for sure are enjoying what we know they would...but they have it far better with total enjoyment in heaven! My dad visited me often in my dreams---not part of my dream ever, but would at a juncture poke his head around a fence or wall or such and ask "how ya doing Jeanie?" I'd say "fine Pop" and he'd be gone...and my dream would go on about it's topic. He showed up once with my mom, just after she passed. Neither has been back to me since.

We couldn't get them to return even if we have millions of dollars and wonderful life because they have Jesus in heaven. The enveloping love they have is overwhelming to the human body! To them, it's just awesome, I'm sure.

But yea, it's tough to hit these pockets of grief.

We all grieve a lost loved one...but each at his/her own pace. Some have no emotions for years and then it all consumes them.

Take time to mourn when these times catch you. Comfort yourself, be kind to yourself. You'll get through them easier if you give them the attention your spirit needs to give.

Reactions: CallofChrist
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm the loneliest I've ever been. I need my faith more than ever, I need human contact. He passed in 2015 and I'm fine most days. Some days I'm not. It's past midnight in my little corner of the world right now, and I've been up doing puzzles, playing old songs we listened to together and ugly-sobbing.
I want to believe he sees me and knows how I feel, there's so many things I wish I could take back. I want to think I can communicate with him somehow, that God is able to relay to him these thoughts I have. I still can't watch my favorite shows without thinking "man, bubba would've fallen in love with this." The pain is searing. This is actually what prompted me to look up a Christian forum and make this account just a few minutes ago. I really need help, things are beginning to look so dark. God bless and keep all of you, thank you.
Sorry for your loss. John 14.1-27 and Psalm 46 are strengthening passages for the believer.

Upvote 0

Sal Robinson

Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2018
castle hill
✟100,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I can’t imagine what life would be like without my dad, so my heart really goes out to you. I pray to God you find people who can support you and reveal God’s love for you. I pray for you and for the hole in your heart <3

Upvote 0