• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I messed up

DeepPeace

Oct 12, 2017
Florida
✟15,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 21. I have an 8 month old son by my drug addict ex. Of course I didn't know he was using drugs until after I moved in with him. I found out after he overdosed on the toilet. I thought that might be rock bottom but it wasn't. Then he progressed from milder drugs to hardcore drugs, made me lose my job, stole everything valuable I had and sold it for drug money, lies all the time, steals from his own family, etc. I'm ready to cut ties the only problem is I have no where to go. We still live together, broken up. After my mom passed away my whole family fell apart so I moved 200 miles away. No one in my family cares enough to take me in. I have no close friends because I've been battling social anxiety, ocd, depression and general anxiety since 5th grade. I don't even enjoy life and never really have. Only reason I'm hanging on is because of my son. I'm giving up hope I just hate that God abandoned me like this.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm 21. I have an 8 month old son by my drug addict ex. Of course I didn't know he was using drugs until after I moved in with him. I found out after he overdosed on the toilet. I thought that might be rock bottom but it wasn't. Then he progressed from milder drugs to hardcore drugs, made me lose my job, stole everything valuable I had and sold it for drug money, lies all the time, steals from his own family, etc. I'm ready to cut ties the only problem is I have no where to go. We still live together, broken up. After my mom passed away my whole family fell apart so I moved 200 miles away. No one in my family cares enough to take me in. I have no close friends because I've been battling social anxiety, ocd, depression and general anxiety since 5th grade. I don't even enjoy life and never really have. Only reason I'm hanging on is because of my son. I'm giving up hope I just hate that God abandoned me like this.
Welcome to the forum, DeepPeace, in Jesus name, he loves you and cares for you. God has not abandoned you. It is always we who sin and the old man Satan waits to cause trouble for us at every opportunity.
I will pray that as you come to the Father, that he will bless you with his presence.
John 3:16
John-3-16.jpg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm giving up hope I just hate that God abandoned me like this.
so many Christians on this forum will pray for you! Their posts are so good, caring and helpful. Take heart and thank God for his Son who gave his life for you.

• Friendly
Reactions: I'm_Sorry
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Contact the Christian Counseling Ministry in the denomination of your choice.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't live in America ,but surely some Church can help you for a while .Have the courage to try approaching some -we all get rejected at sometime .So pray sincerely and long to Jesus before you knock on those doors .
May God bless you and keep you safe .

Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Keeping you in prayers, you are in a rough situation and need support and help, go to your local church or you can also ask help through WIC WIC Contacts | Food and Nutrition Service
I hope this helps. I believe you are elligible for assistance from this program. Don't give up, God will help you, keep praying and reach out. <3

WIC is a gov program aimed to help women and children. Call them and ask for resources.

Upvote 0

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Deeppeace, I don't see how any of this was or is your fault. You are doing the best you can, but life is very difficult at times, or even most of the time. I can only imagine the heart break, horror, anxiety and turmoil you are going though and have been going though. I have been in some very, very hard spots in life also.

I really want to help, but I am not sure how to. But I wanted to post to you that I did read what you wrote and can empathize.

If you need a person to rant to and/or talk to who listens very well and is also a women in her 20's, is not close to their family or friends, and has OCD, depression, and anxiety (and a few other things) please PM me. Perhaps you will feel more comfortable giving more details ( like what country you are from, etc. ) and I might be able to then offer more help (such as assistance available to you there, etc. ). I will certainly try my best.

There are people who care. You just need to get in contact with them. Don't give up. Life can be amazing and you and your son can have a happy, safe, and enjoyable life that you deserve. I know you probably don't feel like that will ever be possible, but it is the truth.

Sending you virtual (((hugs))). Don't give up!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi
how very hard you have had it. I very much feel for you.
God has not abandoned you. He loves you. He gives all of us free will to live as we wish. We all make choices. Life happens and we must deal with it.

Firstly, do you accept Jesus as saviour and Lord? If so, take everything to his feet in prayer. He will help you but only if you ask.

I suggest you ask for help in getting a flat or other accommodation for you and your baby. Your situation is very urgent and difficult.

I do hope you find solutions and trust in God. X

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I find that writing is a great way to work out problems in life.
This being your first post in a forum full of strangers that you
don't know, yet battling social anxiety suggests that writing
would be a very therapeutic outlet for you time.

You might also be able to help others through your writing.
I'm including links as to how you could write and possibly
make money with your story as well! The cost of publishing
is very low thanks to the advent of Amazon Kindle publishing.
Good Luck!

How to Publish Your Book - Publish on Amazon for free - amazon.com

How to Successfully Self-Publish a Kindle eBook - Michael Hyatt

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God is always with you, no matter what happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Which city are you in?
I can help you locate local help!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which city are you in?
I can help you locate local help!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Central Florida

You can start over with this help here, for free. Its safe and secure.

http://www.thehotline.org/about-us/contact/

Contact Us

Our phone and chat services are available to anyone who has been affected by relationship abuse, including those who are currently in abusive relationships, those who are working to heal, friends or family of victims and survivors and anyone in the community who has questions about domestic violence. We have the ability to provide phone services in more than 200 languages.

CALL 24/7

1-800-799-7233
1-800-787-3224 (TTY for Deaf/hard of hearing)
Learn more about services for Deaf and hard of hearing individuals.

Live Chat from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Central

Click the "Chat Now" button on any page of this website to begin a chat.
Learn more about our live chat service.
Chat en español es disponible de 12 p.m. a 6 p.m. Hora Central.
We can use the language line and speak to people in 200+ languages.

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0