I married the wrong person. Is this God's will?

diggitle

Jan 6, 2018
North Carolina
✟7,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The reason why I started noticing the Christian man is because my husband didn't made me feel like I was the only woman in his life." -- No No and No! LOL................... Always go to God he will help.

I have a few questions that may seem stupid but seeing as we only have your side of the story and not the full picture these are somewhat important.

1.) Do you read your bible and pray daily? Do you send your husband words of encouragement via bible verses throughout the week? Do you have the word in plaque and poster form around your house?

2.) Does your husband know you have issues in the relationship? 2a.) Do you nag at him for other things non-related that shield your real intent, or do you communicate clearly with an "I feel" making it personal versus a naggy?

For example:
Naggy: You always sit around watching tv with your friends.
Truth: I feel we don't spend enough time together. What is something we can do to spend more time together?

3.) Do you present yourself to your husband in an enticing manner? When is the last time you flirted with him or made a pass at him enticing him to pursue you? When is the last time you went out on a date? My wife and I try to make dates throughout the month.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I need some advice because I am depressed and hopeless right now. I'm Christian but I had stopped going to church for while and I decided to do my own will instead of God's will because I was never patient in waiting for the right person God had for me. I ended up marrying a guy that doesn't like going to church. He's Catholic. I thought the fact he was a good guy was enough to marry him but now I'm paying the consequences and I realize how different we are in all aspects. He thinks it's okay to talk to other women, he doesn't have manners, he yells at me for the smallest things, doesn't work hard and I feel unhappy, like I made a huge mistake. I've been married for 3 years and I don't have children with my spouse yet. In the midst of all this, another guy came into my life who happened to be Christian like me and loves God. Not only this, but he had many qualities I've always liked in someone and I felt like he completed me because we became friends and we have tons of things in common. And I thought to myself: "Maybe God has a different plan for me and is giving me the chance to fix my mistake and do things the right way." I prayed to God and told him that I felt attracted to my Christian friend because I wanted my family and children to go to church and to show me if HIS WILL was for me to be with a Christian man or stay in this marriage. It's been like 2 months since I've been praying about this and now I found out that he's moving to another country!!! I understand that God's plans are not my plans but for some reason I feel like I can't accept it. In the past I prayed to God for a Christian man (when I went to church) and I will always get a NO for an answer every time I liked someone so this time I feel really depressed. "Why wouldn't God want me to be with a Christian man?" I know I was the one who married the wrong person but I thought God had my back and he was not going to abandon me and that he had heard my prayers. I didn't even met this guy at church so it felt like God himself had put him in my life for a reason because I was surprised when I found out he was a believer. But now I don't understand why I met him. Just to assume that I deserved a good man but suddenly God takes him away from my life. Now I feel worthless, like good things are not meant for me!! I'm so sad right now and I feel like it's just best for me to settle for what I have and not expect a good man by my side that will love God and appreciate me. After all, I made the mistake and now I have to pay the consequences. I mean, I think God already answered my prayer because he's leaving to another country so it will be hard for me to see him and be with him. Can you tell me how can I move on? I feel that I can't accept what's happening. And I don't know if I should continue with my marriage because I don't know what God's plan really is.
God doesn’t allow you to divorce. But if your unbelieving husband wants to leave, God will allow it. Just make sure you get a letter of divorce from him

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Read the title of your own post. Your ruining your own marriage by thinking you married the wring person. You are the one that is ruining your own marriage. Read your own post. You need to repent and honor and respect your husband.

It's true -- if I wake each day and tell myself that I love my wife -- I will love my wife -- if I wake each day and tell myself that I think I'm falling out of love with her -- in short time there will be not much love.

A man is what he thinkith.

Bob

Upvote 0

Naomi Richardson

Apr 24, 2019
Nanango
✟7,701.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I need some advice because I am depressed and hopeless right now. I'm Christian but I had stopped going to church for while and I decided to do my own will instead of God's will because I was never patient in waiting for the right person God had for me. I ended up marrying a guy that doesn't like going to church. He's Catholic. I thought the fact he was a good guy was enough to marry him but now I'm paying the consequences and I realize how different we are in all aspects. He thinks it's okay to talk to other women, he doesn't have manners, he yells at me for the smallest things, doesn't work hard and I feel unhappy, like I made a huge mistake. I've been married for 3 years and I don't have children with my spouse yet. In the midst of all this, another guy came into my life who happened to be Christian like me and loves God. Not only this, but he had many qualities I've always liked in someone and I felt like he completed me because we became friends and we have tons of things in common. And I thought to myself: "Maybe God has a different plan for me and is giving me the chance to fix my mistake and do things the right way." I prayed to God and told him that I felt attracted to my Christian friend because I wanted my family and children to go to church and to show me if HIS WILL was for me to be with a Christian man or stay in this marriage. It's been like 2 months since I've been praying about this and now I found out that he's moving to another country!!! I understand that God's plans are not my plans but for some reason I feel like I can't accept it. In the past I prayed to God for a Christian man (when I went to church) and I will always get a NO for an answer every time I liked someone so this time I feel really depressed. "Why wouldn't God want me to be with a Christian man?" I know I was the one who married the wrong person but I thought God had my back and he was not going to abandon me and that he had heard my prayers. I didn't even met this guy at church so it felt like God himself had put him in my life for a reason because I was surprised when I found out he was a believer. But now I don't understand why I met him. Just to assume that I deserved a good man but suddenly God takes him away from my life. Now I feel worthless, like good things are not meant for me!! I'm so sad right now and I feel like it's just best for me to settle for what I have and not expect a good man by my side that will love God and appreciate me. After all, I made the mistake and now I have to pay the consequences. I mean, I think God already answered my prayer because he's leaving to another country so it will be hard for me to see him and be with him. Can you tell me how can I move on? I feel that I can't accept what's happening. And I don't know if I should continue with my marriage because I don't know what God's plan really is.
Interested to see what you came to from your advice?

Upvote 0