Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by TruelightUK
What's the best thing about the Church you currently go to - the one thing that keeps you going back, despite all the niggles and imperfections? 
Anthony

I go back because of the annointings and because the Holy Spirit of God is there. The teaching is really good also. Those are the main reasons. But the music is good also. I like that they have a world vision for getting the gospel out there. Also it is a good place to go if you need healing or a miracle.

I think that is the main reason people attend.

Upvote 0

EJO

Hellafreak
Sep 4, 2002
Seattle
✟8,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by TruelightUK
What's the best thing about the Church you currently go to - the one thing that keeps you going back, despite all the niggles and imperfections?

Anthony

Like I mentioned in your other thread....
I am challenged and am growing by the sermons/teaching through the word. We are studing through Genesis right now on Sundays.
I also love the worship band that we have.
We have a lot of young families in our church, so our childrens ministry is bursting.

Another great thread Truelight.... ;)

Upvote 0

TruelightUK

Tilter at religious windmills
In my new Chruch, the thing that got me going regulary is the real sense of community; folk (not all, but the 'core') really seem committed to practically loving one another - after 6 months I already have more friends than in the church I was at for 3 years!). There also seems to be a real committement to serving the world at large, and gettign to grips with meaty issues about Christlike lifestyle in contemporary society.

In the other Chruch, the things that kept me there so long and stop me leaving completely are the dynamic prasie and worship, plus some very meaty and challenging preaching and teaching (even if it is mostly concentrated on 'personal spirituality').

...In fact, if you could combine the good points of the two, you'd almost be getting close to that elusive animal, the perfect Chruch! :lol
Anthony

Upvote 0
It is difficult to give just one good reason why I love my church becuase I know it is a combination of things that brought me there.( And, five years later my family is still there.) The worship service is probally the most important reason. No doubt, my pastor is a man of God. He lets the Lord lead him in the service.Quite often he feels the need to change the entire message instead of present the one he has worked so hard in preparing. I have never left there feeling empty. And, more times than not, I felt that the message was speaking right to me. Never fails, I can enter into church with questions lingering in the back of my mind and the message will have the answer to what I am looking for. Pretty darn powerful!

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,769,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...because there is always a blessing waiting there! Even on Sundays that I am feeling sick or am dog-tired I still make every effort to go because I don't want to miss out on something wonderful. And I've never regretted a single time that I made myself go when some silly thing was trying to hold me back.

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it's mostly the people... and the people 'cause of the teaching. A group of people is one thing, a group of CHRISTIAN people is another, and a group of good Bible-believing people that better yet, know how to have a good time ..... :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TruelightUK

Tilter at religious windmills
It's interesting that in most of these posts, most people seem to have centred on the quality of Sunday services. How many people would agree with me that, while this is perhaps the most public face of the Chruch, Church itself is far more than what happens in one building for a couple of hours on a Sunday? (Which, again, is one of the attractions of my current Church - life goes on all week!)

Anthony

Upvote 0