South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are days when I knew what to write. This was not one of those days. I am very happy right now. I have learned quite a bit about pro-wrestling and how cool it was back then. The 80s seemed like a simple time. I was just an inquisitive kid who loved using the computer, played outside, and watched wrestling. I was considered a smart kid and a good student. I just miss those days where despite the lack of modern technology, life was just great. One doesn't have to have much technology to have a full life..lol. When I was growing up, cable was young, people didn't know what an internet, and as it seems, tv shows seemed more watchable no matter how cheesy the shows seemed nowadays. Sure it was a good show back then. Now I realize that these shows weren't bad at all. I miss watching shows like "Knight Rider", "Dukes of Hazzard" and the "Fall Guy".

In the 80s, Sly Stallone was a young guy who was a boxer one minute and a former soldier the next. Okay, okay. While I like "Rambo", I was, and always have been a "Rocky" fan. Mr. T was the man and the "A-Team" was one of the most highly rated shows and one of the best, on tv. I just miss those days. Michael was moonwalking, and Whitney was the young woman who could sing her heart out. Madonna was the original Britney Spears and Rihanna, but more controversial in her day. I know, I know, she still performs, but Madonna in the 80s was awesome. I also remember when "Fat Albert", "Looney Toons", and sometimes pro-wrestling all aired on Saturdays. No matter what was going on that day, to me, life was good.

There is nothing like listening to great music, regardless of the genre. Right now, I am listening to Willie Nelson. I miss all music like this. I like country music, don't get me wrong, but I hate listening to it on the radio. I am not as big a country music fan as I once was. It seems that some of t he modern-day country artists are just way too mainstream and less country for my tastes. I'm sure those artists have a lot of talent, but I am just not interested in listening to it. I grew up in a time where country music was the themes from "Dukes of Hazzard" and the "Fall Guy". I guess, being a child of the 80s, I was just carefree. I believe that even what is considered campy back then is different from nowadays.

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think all people remember the decade of their childhoods fondly. If you grew up in the 1960s, you'd remember the 60s fondly. I remember the 1980s fondly, I remember being pure minded and not knowing things I know now. It seems a shame that children have to grow up. But that is the way it is.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are days when I knew what to write. This was not one of those days. I am very happy right now. I have learned quite a bit about pro-wrestling and how cool it was back then. The 80s seemed like a simple time. I was just an inquisitive kid who loved using the computer, played outside, and watched wrestling. I was considered a smart kid and a good student. I just miss those days where despite the lack of modern technology, life was just great. One doesn't have to have much technology to have a full life..lol. When I was growing up, cable was young, people didn't know what an internet, and as it seems, tv shows seemed more watchable no matter how cheesy the shows seemed nowadays. Sure it was a good show back then. Now I realize that these shows weren't bad at all. I miss watching shows like "Knight Rider", "Dukes of Hazzard" and the "Fall Guy".

In the 80s, Sly Stallone was a young guy who was a boxer one minute and a former soldier the next. Okay, okay. While I like "Rambo", I was, and always have been a "Rocky" fan. Mr. T was the man and the "A-Team" was one of the most highly rated shows and one of the best, on tv. I just miss those days. Michael was moonwalking, and Whitney was the young woman who could sing her heart out. Madonna was the original Britney Spears and Rihanna, but more controversial in her day. I know, I know, she still performs, but Madonna in the 80s was awesome. I also remember when "Fat Albert", "Looney Toons", and sometimes pro-wrestling all aired on Saturdays. No matter what was going on that day, to me, life was good.

There is nothing like listening to great music, regardless of the genre. Right now, I am listening to Willie Nelson. I miss all music like this. I like country music, don't get me wrong, but I hate listening to it on the radio. I am not as big a country music fan as I once was. It seems that some of t he modern-day country artists are just way too mainstream and less country for my tastes. I'm sure those artists have a lot of talent, but I am just not interested in listening to it. I grew up in a time where country music was the themes from "Dukes of Hazzard" and the "Fall Guy". I guess, being a child of the 80s, I was just carefree. I believe that even what is considered campy back then is different from nowadays.

Yes the 80's was awesome, Music probably creatively peaked, pro-wrestling was at it best, both here in the states, and over in Japan, I still love the Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat matches, nothing really compares, Nintendo was probably the Greatest system ever made, so many awesome games, Ronald Wilson Reagan was the last Good-Great president(in my opinion), so much awesome economic growth, you youngish would of loved it, Shows like Mcgayver and Married with Children were fantastic shows, not the politically correct shows they have now, Al Bundy was awesome he put Marcy in her place almost every episode of MWC, also the Berlin Wall come down, the 49'ers at their best as the Superbowl, Family dinners were still family dinners. I really love those years!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The 80's were a time when I formed a dance crew with my friends...we'd spread several big sheets of cardboard on the sidewalk in front of our house and pop the latest hip\hop cassette tape into my boom box and make utter fools of ourselves...

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was only a child in the 80s but looking back, it was a good childhood. I recently bought The Brady Bunch, Beauty and the Beast in full series on dvds. I already have Little House on the Prairie and Dukes of Hazard. My family watched alot of tv back in the day and re-watching these shows now bring back some good memories. And some bad ones! lol Now I can show my kids how I kinda grew up and you know what? They love it! They didn't think they'd like watching the "old shows". lol Now I'm going all nostalgic and looking into buying a rotary phone. The most commonly used device is now a memory. It's kind of sad.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I grew up in the 90s. I had a kick-butt childhood, full of Pokemon and parties, it was very much fun and now I look back on it with smiles. I guess its rare today, but I did not grow up in a broken family. We are all very close. I have wonderful memories playing video games for hours by the fireplace/hearth. That was my playtime, that is the outlet I used to have fun.

When I was a kid I hated school because in my mind school was boring (I especially hated Math class and it turned out to be my worst subject) and not fun and all I wanted to do was play all day.

That was the mentality I had when I was a kid. I was fun-loving and anything I did not deem as fun I would ignore or avoid.

I know it probably was not right to think that way (I was probability immature), but I saw my parents as being kind of bad people because they made me do school against my will, when I really hated it and didn't want to do it at all.

Since I am an introvert, I didn't want to play with other kids, I just wanted some alone time. And that's what I got.

Nowadays, as an adult I think very differently and I actually like to learn now.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
CASSETTES! Yeah, I remember those! And still have some because I have some obscure ones that I cannot find on CD or digital formats (so I have to really preserve them).

And Cabbage Patch Kids, Kids Incorporated, and Family Ties, Strawberry Shortcake (the bonnet, pinafore, and green-and-white striped stockings era), Peter Pan records (yes RECORDS!) and read-along storybooks, Annie (the Aileen Quinn version), scratch-and-sniff stickers, Underoos, Smurfs, and much, much more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Oh, and remember the One to Grow On segments/sketches between the Saturday morning programs? That's where kids performed a sketch displaying wrong behavior, then a popular TV show actor/actress would come on and discuss the right way to behave. When they went back to the sketch, the kids acting it out displayed the right way to behave.

Loved those!

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, and remember the One to Grow On segments/sketches between the Saturday morning programs? That's where kids performed a sketch displaying wrong behavior, then a popular TV show actor/actress would come on and discuss the right way to behave. When they went back to the sketch, the kids acting it out displayed the right way to behave.

Loved those!
Thanks for those posts! They brought me back. We had cabbage patch kids and Strawberry Shortcake dolls. I remember the ORIGINAL My Little Pony and Care Bears. We had records with books too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I grew up in the 80s too. I remember listening to a lot of music and watching a lot of television too. I thought Saturday morning cartoons were the best. I loved the Thunder Cats and She-Ra. Some of my favorite shows were Alf, Punky Brewster, Who's the Boss, Growing Pains, Knight Rider, the A-Team, and Perfect Strangers. Some of my favorite music came from U2, Glass Tiger, Pet Shop Boys, the Go-Gos, the Bangles, Bon Jovi, and New Kids on the Block (among so many others). I became a new Monkees fan then too when I fell head over heels for them during the MTV's 48 hour Monkees' Marathon in 1986. I have been a fan ever since. Yeah, I listened to a lot of music and watched a lot of television when I was growing up.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I grew up in the 80s too. I remember listening to a lot of music and watching a lot of television too. I thought Saturday morning cartoons were the best. I loved the Thunder Cats and She-Ra. Some of my favorite shows were Alf, Punky Brewster, Who's the Boss, Growing Pains, Knight Rider, the A-Team, and Perfect Strangers. Some of my favorite music came from U2, Glass Tiger, Pet Shop Boys, the Go-Gos, the Bangles, Bon Jovi, and New Kids on the Block (among so many others). I became a new Monkees fan too when I fell head over heels for them during the MTV's 48 hour Monkees' Marathon in 1986. I have been a fan ever since. Yeah, I listened to a lot of music and watched a lot of television when I was growing up in the 80s.
I remember Punky Brewster, who was that guy name that took care of her? Henry?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for those posts! They brought me back. We had cabbage patch kids and Strawberry Shortcake dolls. I remember the ORIGINAL My Little Pony and Care Bears. We had records with books too.

I remember Strawberry Shortcake and Cabbage Patch dolls. Who else remembers the Get Along Gang and Lots of Legs? And those leg warmers? I remember playing with GI-Joe action figures with my neighbor's grandson when he came to visit his grandparents for the summer. His grandmother thought I was a little off to play with action figures since I was a girl. Lol.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember Strawberry Shortcake and Cabbage Patch dolls. Who else remembers the Get Along Gang and Lots of Legs? And those leg warmers? I remember playing with GI-Joe action figures with my neighbor's grandson when he came to visit his grandparents for the summer. His grandmother thought I was a little off to play with action figures since I was a girl. Lol.
I remember the Get Along Gang, lol. Montgomery Moose stands out for some reason. We didn't play with GI Joe- no boys were around. We sure played Barbies, though. My cousins had the Malibu Dream House with the shower and elevator, the high life. :)

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CASSETTES! Yeah, I remember those! And still have some because I have some obscure ones that I cannot find on CD or digital formats (so I have to really preserve them).

I had a nice cassette collection at one time. It is too bad I no longer have it. I loved my walkman too.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember watching this movie on television when I was a kid. I also watched the claymation Christmas movies too.

I didn't watch this when I was a kid. I remember a part of the song, but not much. Do you remember wearing jelly shoes? We loved our jellies. They'd leave hatch marks on our feet, but we still loved those shoes!

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't watch this when I was a kid. I remember a part of the song, but not much. Do you remember wearing jelly shoes? We loved our jellies. They'd leave hatch marks on our feet, but we still loved those shoes!

Yeah, I remember jelly shoes.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing about the 80's was we were exactly the same people with exactly the same life's struggles as as now with worse technology and no air conditioning but we were so busy having a big party that we didn't care about problems too much. Its hard to be sad when everything is flouro and loud.

Forgive us for mullets and stretch denim jeans with studded belts, we thought it was cool even if it raised ones voice a few octaves higher. It felt like going from one party to another all the time with some work and surfing and church amongst it all.

Upvote 0