Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have a Franciscan Friar who serves as our chaplain at work. Under normal conditions he offers Mass in our chapel five days a week, but with covid that was apparently reduced to once per week. Things have loosened up though and he's up to twice a week now. Confession + Mass on Wednesdays and Adoration/Benediction + Mass on Thursdays.

Today in his homily he quotes Benedict XVI (when he was Cardinal Ratzinger) who wrote in God is Near Us, "the Eucharist is the Sacrament of those who have let themselves be reconciled by God."

Talk about perfectly appropriate for the current debate. It's perfectly charitable and yet completely uncompromising on the truth of the matter. Biden, Pelosi, Lieu and any other Catholics like them need to allow themselves to be reconciled by God before they can receive the Eucharist. Abandon their pro-choice views, abandon their support of LGBT, abandon any other Marxist values that are embedded in their ideology and reconcile with the Church and the virtue that comes from faithfulness to God.

We had a good conversation about all of that after Mass, how way too many Catholics don't believe the truth of the Eucharist, and that so many bishops are abdicating their responsibility as bishops to safeguard it—especially the ones who oppose any kind of statement on the Eucharist.

I shared with him some anger I had been feeling towards the bishops over the weekend and pretty much up to today when I went to confession for it. But I tell you, hearing that he, as a priest stand for the truth has a calming effect. Knowing that there are indeed clergy who are on the right path and guiding us down it as well.