louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i think the editing process is more fun. when i write i usually cant wait to edit it because a lot of times when i write things more ideas and words pop up in my head so i am like yeah i'm going to put that in there, i hardly take anything out, i like adding and editing words more, its really fun. what do you think

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i LOVE to write. When i write it's as if i'm thinking out loud. There's a lot of in-FLEC-tion, in not only my writing, but in my speaking in real life.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i LOVE to write. When i write it's as if i'm thinking out loud. There's a lot of in-FLEC-tion, in not only my writing, but in my speaking in real life.
when i try to speak to people irl my mind goes blank and i am at lost for the words i would usually write when i am writing..haha i can not speak properly without writing it down first...but i cant bring a sheet a paper with me everywhere i go..lol that would be weird

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
when i try to speak to people irl my mind goes blank and i am at lost for the words i would usually write when i am writing..haha i can not speak properly without writing it down first...but i cant bring a sheet a paper with me everywhere i go..lol that would be weird

Learn to be at ease in speaking what you are thinking, and be interested and curious about those others around you. This helps to not be self-conscious around others. A sense of humor helps.

In your journal you can share what it was like, why you might feel self-conscious, or what you find interesting about others.

Being interested in others and curious about them is the antithesis to self-consciousness.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I like to write, but I've been working on my current series for so long that I feel I need a break, haha. Thankfully there are only three more episodes to go after the one I'm writing now.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i think the editing process is more fun. when i write i usually cant wait to edit it because a lot of times when i write things more ideas and words pop up in my head so i am like yeah i'm going to put that in there, i hardly take anything out, i like adding and editing words more, its really fun. what do you think
Yes, when the word processor was invented, a lot of time was saved and a lot of corrections can be easily made now... :)

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I see what you mean. When I'm creating 'bulk' it tends to come out rather clumsy and quite frenetic; it's as if I've taken an automatic paintball gun and blasted a white wall with it until I ran out of bullets. Going back over that wall with a delicate brush, to refine out some of that bulk can really build your confidence.

I can spend up to two hours just refining out a single paragraph. It's ALWAYS worth it, and if you grind it out for those two hours everyday for a month, you'll be amazed with what you produce. It's hard graft, but it's got to be done.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see what you mean. When I'm creating 'bulk' it tends to come out rather clumsy and quite frenetic; it's as if I've taken an automatic paintball gun and blasted a white wall with it until I ran out of bullets. Going back over that wall with a delicate brush, to refine out some of that bulk can really build your confidence.

I can spend up to two hours just refining out a single paragraph. It's ALWAYS worth it, and if you grind it out for those two hours everyday for a month, you'll be amazed with what you produce. It's hard graft, but it's got to be done.
Yes, it does take a lot of patience, doesn't it? :)

I guess Bible study is that way also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Learn to be at ease in speaking what you are thinking, and be interested and curious about those others around you. This helps to not be self-conscious around others. A sense of humor helps.

In your journal you can share what it was like, why you might feel self-conscious, or what you find interesting about others.

Being interested in others and curious about them is the antithesis to self-consciousness.
im just really shy sometimes

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love writing, and don't mind edittng. But editing always takes forever, and it can tend to make me lose a bit of focus.
yeah sometimes when i write something and then 3 hours later something would come up in my head so i would go back and edit it..

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like to write, but I've been working on my current series for so long that I feel I need a break, haha. Thankfully there are only three more episodes to go after the one I'm writing now.
good luck

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know it can be very hard to say what's on your mind when you're shy.
Writing can help that. It lets you organize your thoughts and even come back later and add in the stuff you forgot about the first time around.

• Agree
Upvote 0