USA
✟952,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ever since I've been being supported by all of our fellow brothers and sisters in christ, I've realized I am always afraid of losing something good.

Jason,

Why are you afraid of losing good things? Have people failed you in the past?

Also, I talk to this girl daily so she is not going anywhere I guess haha. God bless you Bella, thank you for your words of encouragement.

I have befriended and dated people I met through the Internet. Some connections span 15 years or more. I’ve mentored women and helped them select companions through this medium too.

Newness is exciting. You don’t have enough to go on to experience hardships. Time is the litmus test. You have to see how you weather difficulties and disappointments.

Many develop a spark through calls and text messages which doesn’t translate when they meet face-to-face. Sometimes the idea is more appealing than the real thing. You must solidify the bond in person.

I’ve been in your shoes and dated internationally too. Someone from Australia. I’m speaking from experience.

You can’t say she won’t go anywhere yet. That comes forth when the opportunity to end is there and you push through it. Again and again and again. Then you know she’s there for keeps. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Agree
Reactions: Jason0009
Upvote 0

Jason0009

Aug 18, 2020
Surrey
✟3,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jason,

Why are you afraid of losing good things? Have people failed you in the past?

I have befriended and dated people I met through the Internet. Some connections span 15 years or more. I’ve mentored women and helped them select companions through this medium too.

Newness is exciting. You don’t have enough to go on to experience hardships. Time is the litmus test. You have to see how you weather difficulties and disappointments.

Many develop a spark through calls and text messages which doesn’t translate when they meet face-to-face. Sometimes the idea is more appealing than the real thing. You must solidify the bond in person.

I’ve been in your shoes and dated internationally too. Someone from Australia. I’m speaking from experience.

You can’t say she won’t go anywhere yet. That comes forth when the opportunity to end is there and you push through it. Again and again and again. Then you know she’s there for keeps. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Yes I have been rejected alot in my life and I've just only recently these past few years overcame of the fear people leaving me.

Your words uplift me Bella, thank you so much.

I also believe in the phrase if you love her, you'd let her go and if she comes back she is yours forever. I will not give up on this girl. I appreciate alot that she tries to make it work too and initiate conversations and take interest in me as much as I do to her.

Have a blessed day,
Jason T

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes I have been rejected alot in my life and I've just only recently these past few years overcame of the fear people leaving me.

Jason,

Thank you for the kind words. I’m sorry you haven’t been treated well. Rejection has a negative impact on the psyche and can make us afraid of abandonment and reluctant to trust.

God’s ideal companion for you won’t need convincing or clutching. He’ll imbue her with regard for your heart and circumstances. Every one wants to be loved and accepted. There’s no shame in desiring the same.

I also believe in the phrase if you love her, you'd let her go and if she comes back she is yours forever.

Sometimes endings give birth to something better...stronger...and holier. Resurrections have a purpose that goes beyond personal happiness. He brings people together for a reason.

The challenges of the spiritual mismatch aren’t evident. She fills the void in other areas which appeases you at the moment. That is true for most in similar circumstances. But we rarely remain in the same place forever. The itch returns and that’s when the gulf is clear.

I‘ve studied the topic a great deal due to a former connection. I devoured books, articles, and connected with a ministry devoted to the subject. Hearing their stories was painful. Most waited years before their spouse came to faith. Some were still waiting 20 years later.

That doesn’t sound like a big deal now but it will later on. Consider your thoughts on marriage and family and how you want your children raised. Being on the same page spiritually alleviates a host of problems.

The Marriage forum has their share of threads on this issue. Confronting it is wise. Some times we’re afraid God can’t bring something better or we’ll never find another like the one we had. And we accept the lesser blessing in its place.

Many years ago a friend said something I recollected the other day. She said, “one day the man you’re seeking will cross your path but you may miss him. You’ll be busy craning your neck in the other direction and won’t notice the one passing by waving his hand.”

She was right. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi I understand where you are coming from. I plan to see her in person in the near future to confess to her in real life. I've never given or recieved as much b affection from a relationship with a girl that I've had with her and I believe that we will be able to continue this into marraige. I've also prayed to God to allow us to be wife and husband. Because God said a man who finds a wife recieves a pleasing gift from God, and also he who has found a wife has found a treasure more valuable then gold and jewels.

You have nothing to "confess" except that you like a girl online. You aren't in love. This is not a "relationship". You've known her for two weeks and you think you're going to marry her? I'm sorry, but this is not normal or realistic thinking. Why are you quoting Scripture about marriage when talking about a girl who isn't even a Christian?

• Agree
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know the story of a person who went to a foreign country to meet their finance...

Marrying an american is a big deal.

But this schmuck couldn't even come to the airport to meet...
Sent a friend who informed them about actually having another love interest and was getting married to that one.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But this schmuck couldn't even come to the airport to meet...
Sent a friend who informed them about actually having another love interest and was getting married to that one.

John,

Wow, that’s terrible. I knew someone in a similar situation. She flew overseas (from the US) to meet someone and was stood up at the airport. Luckily, another user in the chat room picked her up and let her stay at her place.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have nothing to "confess" except that you like a girl online. You aren't in love. This is not a "relationship". You've known her for two weeks and you think you're going to marry her? I'm sorry, but this is not normal or realistic thinking. Why are you quoting Scripture about marriage when talking about a girl who isn't even a Christian?

This advice your sister has given here is as pointed and as correct as it can get Jason. Your persistence in pursuing an ungodly relationship is akin to a dog worrying a poisoned bone..... it’s as if your fingers are itching to push a self destruct button. Your approach is unsound, and outright unrealistic.

In your present emotive state you would be better off getting away from any online dating, and seeking out a local Christian social group you can join in with and strike up friendships there.

Have a chat to your pastor about your needs. At the moment though, I suspect he would encourage you to ‘settle down, back out of the emotional roller coaster you have jumped onto, and develop a more mature and Christlike approach to tackling this phase of your life with God’s help’. God can’t/won’t support you in what you are about with this unbelieving lady, and your approach to her seems really selfish to me.

We are not anti your happiness, but we are anti your sorrow. Shalom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We are having communication breakdown and I was very heart broken because I misunderstood what she said to me. Should I make it up to her by confessing my love for her?

She is not christian but is such a lovely girl. I almost let her go but she keeps bringing me back. She is Japanese and we communicate by english. I do know in the bible you are not supposed to be covetous and hide your true intentions. I've only known her for 2 weeks and we already talked about our interests and passions in life.
First of all, confessing your love to someone you have only been talking to for two weeks is usually not the way to patch up a misunderstanding. Just deal with the misunderstanding.

Second of all, falling hard for someone within the space of two weeks may work for some people, but it rarely serves most guys well. Especially if they've had social challenges and are inexperienced in talking to females. You honestly sound like someone who is going to get burned.

Third, there are cross-cultural considerations. She's from Japan, and while I am not claiming to know what she actually thinks or what she is actually doing, you might be misinterpreting the way she is acting toward you for genuine boyfriend/girlfriend interest. Japanese culture is . . . different.

Again, I'm not judging her character or encouraging you to do the same, but the section from 5:48 to 7:10 could easily be pertinent:

I don't know if she likes you, is open to liking you, or is just being polite, or is simply excited to talk to a Westerner, or some combination of two or three of these.

Thank you for that, I never had a girlfriend before so I'm inexperienced talking to girls.
Unfortunately, there's no surefire way to have success with that. What can be good advice for some guys is terrible advice for other guys. You need to assess yourself and think hard about who you are, and does whatever approach you are being counseled to take actually synergize with your strong points and your values and your personality, or is it the opposite? For instance, the pick-up artist community (PUA) approach is not really conducive to showing your best side and having a relationship with a woman who has Christian values. The guys in high school and college who did some of that stuff and appeared successful had traits that allowed them to temporarily get away with it. If you have to ask for dating advice on a forum, you don't. Likewise, the "don't pursue anyone and someone will become attracted to you" approach is terrible advice to give to a lot of shy guys, because they will double down on their shyness, and women in this culture are told not to pursue guys at all. So it's very good at keeping shy guys single. If I had a way to guide you to success, I wouldn't still be single myself, but I do have experience at taking people's advice and failing because I took it without really knowing how to make it work for me, or if it was even suitable for me.

At this point of my life, I'm 22 I want to cleave unto a wife and leave my father and mother.

I've been thinking alot these days of why God foreknew my existence and has plans to prosper and not harm me, Jeremiah 29:11. And I believe he wouldn't plan this girl and I to meet and like each other mutually if it wasn't to help in someway for God's purpose.
First of all, Jeremiah 29:11 was God speaking to Israel about hope for the future after they had been taken into captivity. He still wanted to be their God even though their nation had been from their point of view, effectively destroyed. Second, Jeremiah was single for life, he was put in prison, put in stocks, thrown in a cistern, and saw the brutal sack of Jerusalem firsthand. His life was not a life that we today would call blessed. God's purposes are mysterious and are not always tied to a single follower's individual good. Sometimes God wants to give certain people earthly prosperity. Other times, he wants other people to take one for the team like Jeremiah. At very least, this situation can be a learning experience for you. I'm not going to say getting a wife out of this is impossible, but it is far from the only possible outcome that God would be OK with.

On top of that, she's not even a Christian, you must not marry her unless she converts. So you're looking at going outside of God's will in a situation where you would clearly need God's help to survive. This is foolish. Missionary dating - which at its core is dating someone in order to change that person - is for that reason alone, ill-advised. It's inherently disrespectful to the other person, just as if an unbeliever wanted to date you in order to convert you to her religion. Evangelism is good, but it and dating are at their best when they are not mixed.

Yes I have, because since becoming a Christian I have laid down my life for God. I allowed him to enter my life and direct it. And with my faith only and my good works that I try to do everyday that would only glorify God's name I have been on a rollercoaster ride daily. I have ups and downs but I truly believe God has blessed my life and is present with every step. Honestly speaking I believe in angelic numbers and messages from God's guardian angels to his Believers. This past month and a half I've been recieving 11:11, 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55 daily from the clock. What do I mean by that? Well, I never look at the clock unless I have an appointment . But I feel a holy sensation tingling inside me and I subconciously look at the clock in my room/on my phone and I see these angelic numbers. Also to note this 100% happens when I'm in despair/anxious. I believe the holy ghost is within me and I try to be faithful and keep my body, the temple of Christ pure and clean but overall I think I can still do better to be faithful to God through my works and thoughts and prayers and worship.
So, how long have you been a Christian, and hold long have you been developing your faith afterwards?
I've never given or recieved as much b affection from a relationship with a girl that I've had with her and I believe that we will be able to continue this into marraige. I've also prayed to God to allow us to be wife and husband. Because God said a man who finds a wife recieves a pleasing gift from God, and also he who has found a wife has found a treasure more valuable then gold and jewels.
Proverbs says other things about certain other kinds of wives. Make sure you really know what you're getting into with any woman, and with marriage in general. Crack open a Christian book on building a better marriage written for those who are already married sometime. You'll find that it's not all blissful sex and companionship.

I also believe in the phrase if you love her, you'd let her go and if she comes back she is yours forever. I will not give up on this girl. I appreciate alot that she tries to make it work too and initiate conversations and take interest in me as much as I do to her.
You've peeled layers of that fear away. I don't think anyone can truly, 100% get over that, but I do know it can be greatly reinforced by what the opposite sex says and does and how you interpret it. When you are ill-equipped, that "let's take a chance on this" optimism will lead to getting burned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jason0009

Aug 18, 2020
Surrey
✟3,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
First of all, confessing your love to someone you have only been talking to for two weeks is usually not the way to patch up a misunderstanding. Just deal with the misunderstanding.

Second of all, falling hard for someone within the space of two weeks may work for some people, but it rarely serves most guys well. Especially if they've had social challenges and are inexperienced in talking to females. You honestly sound like someone who is going to get burned.

Third, there are cross-cultural considerations. She's from Japan, and while I am not claiming to know what she actually thinks or what she is actually doing, you might be misinterpreting the way she is acting toward you for genuine boyfriend/girlfriend interest. Japanese culture is . . . different.

Again, I'm not judging her character or encouraging you to do the same, but the section from 5:48 to 7:10 could easily be pertinent:

I don't know if she likes you, is open to liking you, or is just being polite, or is simply excited to talk to a Westerner, or some combination of two or three of these.

Unfortunately, there's no surefire way to have success with that. What can be good advice for some guys is terrible advice for other guys. You need to assess yourself and think hard about who you are, and does whatever approach you are being counseled to take actually synergize with your strong points and your values and your personality, or is it the opposite? For instance, the pick-up artist community (PUA) approach is not really conducive to showing your best side and having a relationship with a woman who has Christian values. The guys in high school and college who did some of that stuff and appeared successful had traits that allowed them to temporarily get away with it. If you have to ask for dating advice on a forum, you don't. Likewise, the "don't pursue anyone and someone will become attracted to you" approach is terrible advice to give to a lot of shy guys, because they will double down on their shyness, and women in this culture are told not to pursue guys at all. So it's very good at keeping shy guys single. If I had a way to guide you to success, I wouldn't still be single myself, but I do have experience at taking people's advice and failing because I took it without really knowing how to make it work for me, or if it was even suitable for me.

First of all, Jeremiah 29:11 was God speaking to Israel about hope for the future after they had been taken into captivity. He still wanted to be their God even though their nation had been from their point of view, effectively destroyed. Second, Jeremiah was single for life, he was put in prison, put in stocks, thrown in a cistern, and saw the brutal sack of Jerusalem firsthand. His life was not a life that we today would call blessed. God's purposes are mysterious and are not always tied to a single follower's individual good. Sometimes God wants to give certain people earthly prosperity. Other times, he wants other people to take one for the team like Jeremiah. At very least, this situation can be a learning experience for you. I'm not going to say getting a wife out of this is impossible, but it is far from the only possible outcome that God would be OK with.

On top of that, she's not even a Christian, you must not marry her unless she converts. So you're looking at going outside of God's will in a situation where you would clearly need God's help to survive. This is foolish. Missionary dating - which at its core is dating someone in order to change that person - is for that reason alone, ill-advised. It's inherently disrespectful to the other person, just as if an unbeliever wanted to date you in order to convert you to her religion. Evangelism is good, but it and dating are at their best when they are not mixed.

So, how long have you been a Christian, and hold long have you been developing your faith afterwards?

Proverbs says other things about certain other kinds of wives. Make sure you really know what you're getting into with any woman, and with marriage in general. Crack open a Christian book on building a better marriage written for those who are already married sometime. You'll find that it's not all blissful sex and companionship.

You've peeled layers of that fear away. I don't think anyone can truly, 100% get over that, but I do know it can be greatly reinforced by what the opposite sex says and does and how you interpret it. When you are ill-equipped, that "let's take a chance on this" optimism will lead to getting burned.
Hi there,
fellow brother in Christ

Thank you for your response. It is full of good information that I definitely should re consider in my life. I've been developing my faith and working at it for the past few years. It felt like yesterday though when I first came to know God.

For some context I met her through an exchange college course on zoom. We later on found out each other's contact details and have been talking since that.

I do feel I am getting unequally yoked by her. We were talking alot each day but now she is just sending a few messages a day. I feel she is losing interest or trying to figure out she likes me back now.

As a Christian, I know that I should also marry a Christian. And in not doing so I am not doing God's will. Although a key bible verse that I live by is Matthew 6:34 whereas I will worry about the little things day by day. Definitely I will give an update in another post in the future of where my life ended up, regarding this issue.

Praise the Lord Almighty, Forever and always,
Amen

• Optimistic
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0