Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
2 weeks is not long enough for you to tell her of your love. Some scams start out this way. Lonliness can cause actions without thinking them through. Whats to hurt if you wait til you know her a lot longer. You need to take a lot more time when you haven't even met her in person.
Blessings:)

Upvote 0

Jason0009

Aug 18, 2020
Surrey
✟3,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
2 weeks is not long enough for you to tell her of your love. Some scams start out this way. Lonliness can cause actions without thinking them through. Whats to hurt if you wait til you know her a lot longer. You need to take a lot more time when you haven't even met her in person.
Blessings:)
Thank you for that, I never had a girlfriend before so I'm inexperienced talking to girls.

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are having communication breakdown and I was very heart broken because I misunderstood what she said to me. Should I make it up to her by confessing my love for her?

She is not christian but is such a lovely girl. I almost let her go but she keeps bringing me back. She is Japanese and we communicate by english. I do know in the bible you are not supposed to be covetous and hide your true intentions. I've only known her for 2 weeks and we already talked about our interests and passions in life.

Jason, if you are a Christian and she isn’t, why have you pursued a deeper relationship with her. You would be being unfair towards her, and foolish towards yourself. Surely you are aware of the advice in scripture that a Christ believer/follower shouldn’t seek to be bound/joined to an unbeliever. Consider instead that God has saved you from an ungodly relationship, and now look to develop friendships with those of your own spiritual kind. Forums like this allow unbelievers to join in as a means of outreach, but a Christian needs to be wary and stop their heart from being yolked to that of an unbeliever. Consider Samson’s end!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jason0009

Aug 18, 2020
Surrey
✟3,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jason, if you are a Christian and she isn’t, why have you pursued a deeper relationship with her. You would be being unfair towards her, and foolish towards yourself. Surely you are aware of the advice in scripture that a Christ believer/follower shouldn’t be bound/joined to an unbeliever. Consider instead that God has saved you from an ungodly relationship, and now look to develop friendships with those of your own spiritual kind. Forums like this allow unbelievers to join in as a means of outreach, but a Christian needs to be wary and stop their heart from being yolked to that of an unbeliever. Consider Samson’s end!
Yes I know that in the bible it says to live a holy life and that entails both husband and wife worshipping God.

In Genesis, God created Eve so that Adam would have company because God said being alone is not good. I appreciate your thoughts and advice to me.

At this point of my life, I'm 22 I want to cleave unto a wife and leave my father and mother.

I've been thinking alot these days of why God foreknew my existence and has plans to prosper and not harm me, Jeremiah 29:11. And I believe he wouldn't plan this girl and I to meet and like each other mutually if it wasn't to help in someway for God's purpose.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for that, I never had a girlfriend before so I'm inexperienced talking to girls.
You can also get practice in speaking to females at the singles forum here and they are all Christians so you won't be unequally yoked.

Upvote 0

Jason0009

Aug 18, 2020
Surrey
✟3,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You can also get practice in speaking to females at the singles forum here and they are all Christians so you won't be unequally yoked.
wow thank you, that is great advice. Bless you and your heart. I appreciate your support very much. :clap:

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are doing fine here. Just keep talking, listening and being friendly and when you feel you are really friends and know her well you can get personal.

I appreciate your right to have an opinion, but your advice to Jason contradicts God’s directives recorded in scripture. I don’t mean to criticise you, but you could well be culpable in bringing about a brother’s alienation from God and unhappiness in the lives of two people. Think about it, and what the consequence of your suggestions may well be, not only to them, but yourself as well!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes I know that in the bible it says to live a holy life and that entails both husband and wife worshipping God.

In Genesis, God created Eve so that Adam would have company because God said being alone is not good. I appreciate your thoughts and advice to me.

At this point of my life, I'm 22 I want to cleave unto a wife and leave my father and mother.

I've been thinking alot these days of why God foreknew my existence and has plans to prosper and not harm me, Jeremiah 29:11. And I believe he wouldn't plan this girl and I to meet and like each other mutually if it wasn't to help in someway for God's purpose.
Do you feel that you have spent enough time to be sure it is Gods will for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I appreciate your right to have an opinion, but your advice to Jason contradicts God’s directives recorded in scripture. I don’t mean to criticise you, but you could well be culpable in bringing about a brother’s alienation to God and unhappiness in the lives of two people. Think about it, and what the consequence of your suggestions may well be, not only to them, but yourself as well!
He is a Christian so I am sure he knows about being unequally yoked.

• Agree
Reactions: Jason0009
Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Ok, sorry, you posted this whilst I was drafting a reply to your earlier comment. My apologies, and good advice here. :blush:

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is a Christian so I am sure he knows about being unequally yoked.

He should do, but sometimes we need to be reminded for our own sakes, and advised to pull back.

Upvote 0

Jason0009

Aug 18, 2020
Surrey
✟3,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do you feel that you have spent enough time to be sure it is Gods will for you?
Yes I have, because since becoming a Christian I have laid down my life for God. I allowed him to enter my life and direct it. And with my faith only and my good works that I try to do everyday that would only glorify God's name I have been on a rollercoaster ride daily. I have ups and downs but I truly believe God has blessed my life and is present with every step. Honestly speaking I believe in angelic numbers and messages from God's guardian angels to his Believers. This past month and a half I've been recieving 11:11, 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55 daily from the clock. What do I mean by that? Well, I never look at the clock unless I have an appointment . But I feel a holy sensation tingling inside me and I subconciously look at the clock in my room/on my phone and I see these angelic numbers. Also to note this 100% happens when I'm in despair/anxious. I believe the holy ghost is within me and I try to be faithful and keep my body, the temple of Christ pure and clean but overall I think I can still do better to be faithful to God through my works and thoughts and prayers and worship.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes I have, because since becoming a Christian I have laid down my life for God. I allowed him to enter my life and direct it. And with my faith only and my good works that I try to do everyday that would only glorify God's name I have been on a rollercoaster ride daily. I have ups and downs but I truly believe God has blessed my life and is present with every step. Honestly speaking I believe in angelic numbers and messages from God's guardian angels to his Believers. This past month and a half I've been recieving 11:11, 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55 daily from the clock. What do I mean by that? Well, I never look at the clock unless I have an appointment . But I feel a holy sensation tingling inside me and I subconciously look at the clock in my room/on my phone and I see these angelic numbers. Also to note this 100% happens when I'm in despair/anxious. I believe the holy ghost is within me and I try to be faithful and keep my body, the temple of Christ pure and clean but overall I think I can still do better to be faithful to God through my works and thoughts and prayers and worship.
I am sure then that you know that God wouldn't want you to make a life long decision in a few weeks. You have the rest of your life, a long time, to make such important decisions based on what you know about her. What's the harm in slowing down and being wise in your thoughts and actions? In the mean time you need to get more experience in communicating with women and this is the perfect place to do it. Make friends, lots of them. Before you jump into anything.;)
God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are having communication breakdown and I was very heart broken because I misunderstood what she said to me. Should I make it up to her by confessing my love for her?

She is not christian but is such a lovely girl. I almost let her go but she keeps bringing me back. She is Japanese and we communicate by english. I do know in the bible you are not supposed to be covetous and hide your true intentions. I've only known her for 2 weeks and we already talked about our interests and passions in life.

You don't love a girl that you've never met and known over the internet for 2 weeks. That's just the hard truth.

Remain friends and nothing more.

Upvote 0

Jason0009

Aug 18, 2020
Surrey
✟3,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You don't love a girl that you've never met and known over the internet for 2 weeks. That's just the hard truth.

Remain friends and nothing more.
Hi I understand where you are coming from. I plan to see her in person in the near future to confess to her in real life. I've never given or recieved as much b affection from a relationship with a girl that I've had with her and I believe that we will be able to continue this into marraige. I've also prayed to God to allow us to be wife and husband. Because God said a man who finds a wife recieves a pleasing gift from God, and also he who has found a wife has found a treasure more valuable then gold and jewels.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are commanded in scripture not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers; it's not a recommendation but a command. The person we date or marry especially will have a significant influence on us spiritually, which is why finding someone who's on fire for Jesus is so important (and being on fire for Him ourselves). Sharing our life with an unbeliever can over time cause us to shrink back and invite all sorts of problems later on. A fact worth mentioning is that many people get married for the wrong reasons and end up regretting it later on.

True love is not formed in a mere two weeks; that sounds more like infatuation, especially if you keep coming back to her. The will of God can also take a lot of time, prayer and patience to discern. There have been countless times I thought I had God's will all figured out and thought I had finally met my soulmate - the person God destined me to be with all along, only to end up devastated, heartbroken and confused in the end. And yes there were "signs" that seemed to signify it was His will: strange patterns or occurrences that were out of the norm. That's not a definite sign that that's what God wants. Perhaps instead He's trying to get your attention to seek Him in prayer regarding this situation and the decision you should make.

I don't know the full situation, but I would recommend just to try to give her some space for awhile and then try to set things right. I also wouldn't tell her how you feel just yet. Telling a girl you love her, especially after a misunderstanding and this early on could creep her out and scare her off. It would also be wise to keep the door open to other opportunities and not get too fixated on one person right now, although remaining friends might be a good idea. Who knows, maybe over time she'll end up becoming a Christian too.

As another member in here mentioned, there's no need to rush into such a life changing decision. It's best to really take your time in getting to know them at their best and worst, meeting them in person a few times beforehand. You should also take time to pray and fast in discerning God's will, making sure you're ready for such a commitment and that she is the best type of person for you. Overall just be careful.

Upvote 0

Jason0009

Aug 18, 2020
Surrey
✟3,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jason,

Your inexperience is a factor you can’t ignore. Not only is your tenure limited with the opposite sex. You’ve added the additional challenge of developing a connection virtually with someone in another country during a pandemic.

Since you’ve leapt to love I trust you’ve considered practicalities like finances and who’s moving? I’ve watched countless singles make similar mistakes and develop ties with people they could never see or barely visit due to finances.

You’re moving too fast and that rarely ends well. Your desire for companionship is compromising your principles and patience. I needn’t mention her spiritual condition. If God supports this union we’re free to do likewise and the bible is incorrect. If its true then you’re mistaken.

I think you’d benefit from hearing from other single men.

@Rigatoni @Miles @SarahsKnight @Sketcher @Pavel Mosko @ThisIsMe123 @MehGuy @JustSomeBloke @Anthony2019

Guys, can you weigh in on this please? Thank you. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Hello Bella,
That is so true of what you say. Ever since I've been being supported by all of our fellow brothers and sisters in christ, I've realized I am always afraid of losing something good . And because of that I become impaitient. I must have faith in things that they will all work out if it was all really God's plan. Also, I talk to this girl daily so she is not going anywhere I guess haha. God bless you Bella, thank you for your words of encouragement.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0