I know what the Bible says.. but what do you believe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthonyw

Nov 28, 2006
✟7,853.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Hi there,
Didn't understand the first part of the question about the soul rest. Would that be the same as soul sleep? Personally, I do believe our loved one's are in heaven. I can't see how you can say they are around us here on earth if they are in heaven.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Unless of course you are thinking of that passage in Hebrews 12: 22-23. But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect,..[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]There's also Ephesians 2: 5-6 ...made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus... [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Very few Christians, at least the ones I have met have any real grasp of the above scriptures:(

Blessings,
Anthony;)
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there,
Didn't understand the first part of the question about the soul rest. Would that be the same as soul sleep? Personally, I do believe our loved one's are in heaven. I can't see how you can say they are around us here on earth if they are in heaven.
Yes, I did mean when the soul sleeps. And I also agree with you.. I believe our loved ones are in Heaven, and they are around us daily.
I was just wondering how other people felt about that, and if they took that passage literally.
I hope that wasnt confusing.. I might not be expressing myself the way that I'm trying too.

Upvote 0

okieray

Dec 30, 2006
sallisaw,oklahoma
✟15,620.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know what the Bible says about after you die.. but what do you believe?
Do you think that the soul rests until Jesus comes down, or do you think they are in Heaven already, and in fact loved ones or friends are around us in our every day lives?
i think if you are saved when you die your soul goes to heaven. your old useless body could then be thrown in a ditch , hauled around from place to place it won`t make any difference because the lord on his return is going to give us a new one!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
(Gal. 5:6 - 8)

Paul said,' Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith,not by sight. We are confident,I say and would prefer to be away from the body and AT HOME WITH THE LORD.'

Thank God,that 'to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord!'

The believer goes straight home to the Lord,when the body dies. There is a 'new body' ahead on the Resurrection morning,when the body is united with the spirit.
'I'll fly away, o glory,
I'll fly away.
When I die,hulleluyah,by and by,
I'll fly away!'

Upvote 0

divine137

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,234.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
To answer your thread title, "what the Bible says". ;)

In Revelation 6:9, the Apostle/Prophet John revealed to us that they are under the altar. In Hebrews 12:22-23, Paul or Apollos says that they are in Mount Zion.

In 2 Corinthians 12:4, Paul mentions Paradise as the "3rd" Heaven.

Paul also states that to "be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord".

The Book of Enoch, the first prophet, which is mentioned by Jude in verse 14 and Genesis 5:22, stated that God showed him that Paradise is the 3rd Heaven of 10 Heavens.

Joshua 10:13 mentions the Book of Jasher. So there are other books that have been shunned by for generations that were supposed to be a part of the Bible.

Daniel mentions in chapter 12:4 that in the last days "knowledge will increase". So I believe that these books of Enoch and Jasher will come to light in the next decade or so and enlighten the Church to more that we've been missing for a while now.

Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with Him in Paradise "that" day. So that was Abraham's Bosom. But where is Abraham's Bosom?

According to Paul and John and Enoch...etc: The 3rd Heaven.

Now was it in hell before the Resurrection? Of course, because Jesus prophecied that he would be in the belly of the earth for 3 days and nights. So the "today" He told the thief was in the belly of the earth.

But since He rose many from the graves when He resurrected...and there being 24 elders in Heaven right now...it is safe to believe that He took them with Him when He went to the "3rd Heaven".

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The body rests until the resurrection, unless it's raptured like Elijah was. The spirit goes to Abraham's bosom, and enters the presence of the Lord.

:crossrc:
The spirit goes to Abraham's bosom? Where is that in the Bible? I'm not saying anything disprespectful in the least, I just can't remember reading that part.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.