I know this is long, but I need to know about any ideas you have for me.

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As the title says, I am confused. I am so tired to doing all of the wrong things. My mother is in need of continued prayer for diabetes. As many of you know about my posts, I live in a stressful situation. What makes it more stressful is that I have finally come to see myself, my family, and myself for who we really are. It is scary and it is sad. I have sinned against God and others numerous times and I am in need of guidance, among other things.

I have even become confused when it becomes to my prayer life. I don't know what to say and don't even know what to do. It seems to be a repeat of my life from before I first got saved. When I was in college, I had a roommate who hated me and literally so. Later on, things have changed, however saved later. I have changed and so has my life. God has forgiven me of my sins and I have since repented.

My sins have always been pointed out to me in one way or another. I have always wanted others to respect, care, and like me, but now I realize that it may or will never happened. I am not sure what to do. I have lied and have continued to do so as far as lying. I lie because of fear and not wanting others to be angry with or disappointed in me. Now I am scared to pray to do. My pride has been hurt because of how things have worked out. The truth is, not only do I have self worth and esteem, but I lie and lie often. I need to know how to overcome, repent, and stand up for myself.

Yesterday, it seemed to have come to a head, but I said nothing because of my lying, I have proven myself right. I do lie and it has gotten worse. I realize that I cannot forget to give my mother her medication and feed her every six hours. I also have to test her blood sugar before each meal, which I have lied about yesterday. I know that this is a lot, but I realize that I cannot afford to do anything wrong nor neglect my mother (I would never forget that.) I have to take responsibility for all actions, right or wrong. I have no idea what to do. Got any ideas?

Phillip Huffman

Kingdom Technologist
Dec 27, 2016
San Antonio, TX
✟14,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Lik3,

It sounds from your testimony that you have received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. If so, then you have access to God the Father who can change your mind to overcome that wicked habit. On that basis, I offer this council.

Do not let lost battles discourage you from standing up and trying again.

Before you re-engage your dearest enemy - your old flesh - take some time to prepare with your nearest friend and comforter, the Holy Spirit. If guilt weighs you down, confess whatever it is to God; he has already forgiven our trespasses and given us his spirit of peace but sometimes we have to ask him to refresh us in spirit and mind, not because he has taken anything away but because we have wandered away from him. Ask for every holy and righteous gift you desire, Father is generous in the extreem and his gifts fulfill our needs, which in turn makes the 'reasonable' arguments of our flesh less appealing. Be patient as some gifts must be received in due time. The enemy offers its 'help' when we feel insecure or in need of some kind. In those times, call on the Comforter, call on your Lord and lean on your Heavenly Father.

Take time, whenever you can, to talk with God, as you would any other friend, constantly throughout the day. God is always beside us both in spirit and in person. Maintaining that talk with him keeps our thoughts focused on him.

Dont be afraid to ask God to change you and form you to his will. Such a request is particularly offensive to your flesh and it will probably go on full attack to resist you making that request in earnest. If you're having a hard time with it, you can always ask Father for more help in enabling you to ask it with a true heart.

Lieing is the very nature of Lucifer himself and it is a powerful evil. Deception also is one of his tools. This fight you face will be impossible on your own but with God, nothing is impossible.

As Solomon advised, so I say, seek wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Drink deeply from the word of God and let it light your path at all times.
Take fast hold of Father's promises, and reach to do great things in our Father's will, knowing He is by your side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0