I know these Articles are from a Catholic perspective but thought you might be interested

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there a remedy for our disordered world? Yes, there is, said St. John Paul II -- the humanizing gifts of women.

The hour is coming, in fact has come, when the vocation of woman is being achieved in its fullness, the hour in which woman acquires in the world an influence, an effect, and a power never hitherto achieved. That is why, at this moment when the whole human race is undergoing so deep a transformation, women impregnated with the spirit of the gospel can do much to aid mankind in not falling. —
Second Vatican Council, Closing Message to Women

In last week’s post, which quoted Saint John Paul II on the problem of “models of male domination,” I suggested that the prevalence of a deformed prototype of masculinity has gotten us into the political and cultural mess we’re in.

Continued below.
How the feminine genius can save the world

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm uncomfortable with this kind of take on things because of two things.

One is that it still inherently genders traits which are universally human. To say that aggression is masculine, but receptivity is feminine, is to align character with biology in a way which I think is both untrue and deeply unhelpful; it deepens the "othering" of women (and contributes to toxic masculinity).

The other is that it, once again, casts women into the role of "God's police." Women are (by their "feminine genius") supposed to gentle and stay the crude and harsh men around us, rather than expecting everyone - men and women - to strive for spiritual maturity.

Upvote 0