I know!! Let's bring More Muslims to the United States!!!

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Canada went down the road of Multi-Culturalism (What you seem to be worried about), where we celebrate everyone's culture as well as the fact that we are all Canadians, instead of the USA model of Melting Pot. This is just my personal view, but I think the Canadian model works much better, and that we have much less racial tension than in the USA. I live in Vancouver, and it is becoming unusual to see a racially homogenous group of children hanging out together.

It's just my opinion, but I think the young people of Vancouver truly don't see race. Not in the American sense, not seeing race is an excuse to ignore racism, but where the colour a person's skin matters about as much as the colour of their eyes. It bodes well for Canada's future.
I know you might take offense to this, but Canada got lucky in terms of multiculralism. You have less black people, most of which came from the South where I'm from to escape slavery, no history of slavery or institutionalized inequality for them to feel resentful about or have to struggle against, no large military or status as a world power, a lot more space of rural land for people to settle in, and historically an ability to tolerate various cultures (I'm still sometimes amazed that you Canadians can manage two commonly-spoken languages).

You never had to fight for your own freedom, your nation never experienced major conflicts directly and it hasn't been threatened in decades if not centuries. It's much easier for a nation like Canada to take in many immigrants, especially considering that your country isn't geographically connected to the Middle East and you have a secure border. Therefore you can control how many Muslim/syrian refugees to take in and vet them much more easily. Honestly, I'm jealous.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Canada went down the road of Multi-Culturalism (What you seem to be worried about), where we celebrate everyone's culture as well as the fact that we are all Canadians, instead of the USA model of Melting Pot. This is just my personal view, but I think the Canadian model works much better, and that we have much less racial tension than in the USA. I live in Vancouver, and it is becoming unusual to see a racially homogenous group of children hanging out together.

It's just my opinion, but I think the young people of Vancouver truly don't see race. Not in the American sense, where not seeing race is an excuse to ignore racism, but where the colour a person's skin matters about as much as the colour of their eyes. It bodes well for Canada's future.

Racial divisions are created and used by the Democrats to help them win elections.

They don't want racial harmony.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I know you might take offense to this, but Canada got lucky in terms of multiculralism. You have less black people, most of which came from the South where I'm from to escape slavery, no history of slavery or institutionalized inequality for them to feel resentful about or have to struggle against, no large military or status as a world power, a lot more space of rural land for people to settle in, and historically an ability to tolerate various cultures.

It's just my opinion, but I think you're wrong. I think Multi-Culturalism has just turned out to be a better way of doing things than the Melting Pot. If you ever come to Vancouver, especially in the summer, walk down Denman Street downtown. In an eight block walk, you can eat almost any food from anywhere in the world.

(I'm still sometimes amazed that you Canadians can manage two commonly-spoken languages).

I know right. *Shakes fist at darn Frenchies* LOL, just kidding, one of my best friends is French-Canadian, and I love the French Canadian culture, and it has added so much to my life and to Canada. For all the bickering between PQ and the rest of the provinces it would be a terrible loss if Quebec seceded.

You never had to fight for your own freedom, your nation never experienced major conflicts directly

You're way off the mark here, please do some research. Granted we didn't participate in the Invasion of Iraq or Vietnam, but that's because Canadians recognized it for the stupidity it was, and took a pass. Otherwise we've fought alongside the USA as brothers in every major war since our founding.

and it hasn't been threatened in decades if not centuries.

Yeah, being friendly and well liked has it's advantages. It's amazing how much more people like you when you don't drop bombs on them.

It's much easier for a nation like Canada to take in many immigrants, especially considering that your country isn't geographically connected to the Middle East and you have a secure border. Therefore you can control how many Muslim/syrian refugees to take in and vet them much more easily. Honestly, I'm jealous.

I'm not sure what to think, it sounds like you think the USA is connected geographically to the Middle East. Anyways, AFAIK, Canada has the same challenges as the USA regarding Muslim/Syrian refugees. So far it hasn't been an issue and I literally haven't given it a seconds thought other than to post here.

If I meet any refugees, I'll be sure to greet them with a smile, talk to them, and try to ensure they feel welcome in their new home. You make your own luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I both pay taxes and think we should help our brothers. I think I have the same perspective as many Canadians. I think I have the same perspective as some Christians.

So you have no issues with waste and fraud ?

So what you're saying is "Good regulations are good, bad regulations are bad". I agree.

most regulations are aimed at picking winners and losers and favoring some over others,thats what I'm saying.....its more about politics than anything else

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's just my opinion, but I think you're wrong. I think Multi-Culturalism has just turned out to be a better way of doing things than the Melting Pot. If you ever come to Vancouver, especially in the summer, walk down Denman Street downtown. In an eight block walk, you can eat almost any food from anywhere in the world.

I know right. *Shakes fist at darn Frenchies* LOL, just kidding, one of my best friends is French-Canadian, and I love the French Canadian culture, and it has added so much to my life and to Canada. For all the bickering between PQ and the rest of the provinces it would be a terrible loss if Quebec seceded.

You're way off the mark here, please do some research. Granted we didn't participate in the Invasion of Iraq or Vietnam, but that's because Canadians recognized it for the stupidity it was, and took a pass. Otherwise we've fought alongside the USA as brothers in every major war since our founding.

Yeah, being friendly and well liked has it's advantages. It's amazing how much more people like you when you don't drop bombs on them.

I'm not sure what to think, it sounds like you think the USA is connected geographically to the Middle East. Anyways, AFAIK, Canada has the same challenges as the USA regarding Muslim/Syrian refugees. So far it hasn't been an issue and I literally haven't given it a seconds thought other than to post here.

If I meet any refugees, I'll be sure to greet them with a smile, talk to them, and try to ensure they feel welcome in their new home. You make your own luck.
America has the same system with multiculturalism as you do, ideally. It just goes by a different name. What I'm saying is that your country has not had to deal with nearly as many immigrants in proportion to the native population.

What I meant is that you have never had to deal with a major war or had much military obligation. America ended up being world policeman through a series of events I had nothing to do with. The only possible issue was WWII, but Canada was probably the safest place in the British Empire and the one place that neither Hitler nor Japan would have had any interest in. The US was probably safe, too, but even more so for Canada since its would likely be very peaceful with the Nazis and the Japanese in a hypothetical Axis victory, so long as it's sovereignty was not threatened.

Of course the US isn't connected to the Middle East, it's just that we have more lax security at our southern border while the one our countries share is very peaceful and secure. You don't have to worry about illegal immigrants and Canada's relatively smaller population is easier to provide welfare and jobs for.

That being said, no immigrant in their right mind would come to live where I do so I'm not super-concerned either.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Living in fear is moronic as is trying to cause others to live in fear. Islam is a religion of many people and like Christianity some are violent and some are peaceful,if we continue to demonize one religion the government will eventually demonize them all.

Its moronic to let them into the country if they're not going to integrate. The fact that they want to move into other countries and set up their own microcosms and be free to exercise their Sharia Law should be a warning in itself.

Upvote 0

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
So why bring Muslims here from the one place where Muslims are particularly threatening people and where it is more likely that some of those Muslims will be part of that particular ideological subset of Islam that is the problem? Makes no sense whatsoever. Even if not one present terrorist decided to take the invitation to easily infiltrate the refugee population in order to cause violent harm, it seems to me that importing thousands of people whose basic religious ideology contradicts the popular culture of a country is asking for a future of domestic conflict in that country and bound to lead to radicalization of those unwilling to abandon their core belief system. One does not have to be a terrorist today to become one in the future or to have a member of one's family become one in response to the evil they perceive in their surroundings. If one has been placed or been born into a situation one finds intolerable one may very well become violent. A culture that demands tolerance of homosexuality and demands equality for women cannot be a place of comfort and contentment for an adherent to a religious ideology that totally rejects those things.
I do think Salafism should be officially considered a hate group, like Nazism (except actually much more dangerous), and should disqualify one for immigration. Russia has the right idea in cracking down hard on Salafism: http://www.economist.com/news/europ...s-salafi-mosques-believers-head-fight-islamic

Note that Russia is not this way toward other Muslims at all, the state is in fact extremely friendly toward Islam generally and pays for mosque construction, because it's been a large religion in Russia for a thousand years.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Its moronic to let them into the country if they're not going to integrate. The fact that they want to move into other countries and set up their own microcosms and be free to exercise their Sharia Law should be a warning in itself.
And you have talked to every muslim and are positive this is their goal even though it is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Islam is Jihad. Just read what the Muslims tell us. Christianity and Islam are very different in dogma and in practice.
This is quite correct. Radical Islam is not religion but evil political oppression and repression. Committing atrocities is the name of religion should be totally unacceptable. It must be viewed as another evil ideology such as Nazism or Communism. Yet, as Trump correctly pointed out, Obama and Clinton created ISIS, and the current director of the CIA is a crypto-Muslim.

When will the bleeding heart left-liberals wake up? Now the Brits are saying that their media was totally irresponsible for pandering to Anjem Choudary, the radical cleric who has finally been jailed (instead of executed).
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...less-tolerance-which-allowed-anjem-choudarys/

Since Muslims hate the West and Western ways, since the Koran plainly teaches hatred against Christians and Jews, since Jihad includes migrant INVASION (not refugees), it should have become plain to every person living in North America that bringing Muslims onto this continent means subversion. Subversion of the constitutions, Christianity, and the freedom that exists at present. The left-liberal elites are deliberately subverting their own countries, whether it is Obama, Trudeau, Merkel, Clinton or Soros.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
And you have talked to every muslim and are positive this is their goal even though it is ridiculous.

And you can confirm that every Muslim who tells you otherwise isn't lying or being deceptive(which is allowed in their Koran) just by talking to them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Oh

Neither is true, but thanks for the caustic words.

Well it has to be one or the other, and I don't see it being the latter because I don't know of any living man or woman who possesses this ability. When you come here making grand claims to be able to always tell when someone is lying or being deceptive, the nonsense is going to be pointed out to you.

The fact is, there is no certain way to be sure they're not terrorist/jihadists. We have enough problems with home-grown terrorists and the ones who are already here. Allowing in more just for the sake of political correctness and helping those who "might not" support terrorism into the country is stupid. We can help them just as much outside of our country without the added risk of letting more chaos and destruction into the US.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well it has to be one or the other, and I don't see it being the latter because I don't know of any living man or woman who possesses this ability. When you come here making grand claims to be able to always tell when someone is lying or being deceptive, the nonsense is going to be pointed out to you.

The fact is, there is no certain way to be sure they're not terrorist/jihadists. We have enough problems with home-grown terrorists and the ones who are already here. Allowing in more just for the sake of political correctness and helping those who "might not" support terrorism into the country is stupid. We can help them just as much outside of our country without the added risk of letting more chaos and destruction into the US.
There is no way to tell for certain that you or I are not jihadists or terrorists, but we have to assume in the absence of any evidence that we are not or we would have no claim to being a free nation. You can spin what I said all day I stand by what I actually said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Inside a storefront Chinese restaurant in upstate New York, neon light from a multicolored window sign glowed on the face of an extremist plotting mass murder. He had been seeking backing for his attack and, at this small establishment in Scotia, was meeting with a man who had agreed to take part in his scheme to build a radiation device, a weapon of mass destruction that would slowly and painfully kill anyone who walked near it.

“Everything with respiration would be dead by morning,’’ the man who devised the attack told his confederate in tortured English. “How much sweeter could there be than a big stack of smelly bodies?”

But there would be no attack. The purported accomplice at Ming’s Flavor restaurant in June 2012 was an FBI informant, and the discussion had been recorded. In the months that followed, another man joined the plot. Finally, in June 2013, with the conspirators hard at work on their ghastly weapon, armed FBI agents swooped in, storming a warehouse in Schaghticoke and arresting them.

Their names were Glen and Eric.

“Law enforcement agencies in the United States consider anti-government violent extremists, not radicalized Muslims, to be the most severe threat of political violence that they face,” the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security reported this past June, based on surveys of 382 law enforcement groups.

The problem is getting worse, although few outside of law enforcement know it. Multiple confidential sources notified the FBI last year that militia members have been conducting surveillance on Muslim schools, community centers and mosques in nine states for what one informant described as “operational purposes.” Informants also notified federal law enforcement that Mississippi militia extremists discussed kidnapping and beheading a Muslim, then posting a video of the decapitation on the Internet. The FBI also learned that right-wing extremists have created bogus law enforcement and diplomatic identifications, not because these radicals want to pretend to be police and ambassadors, but because they believe they hold those positions in a government they have created within the United States.
http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/12/...ger-threat-america-isis-jihadists-422743.html

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
There is no way to tell for certain that you or I are not jihadists or terrorists, but we have to assume in the absence of any evidence that we are not or we would have no claim to being a free nation. You can spin what I said all day I stand by what I actually said.

There is always that potential, but its a much different story when you want to potentially import MORE of them.

Upvote 0