• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

I know it's selfish, but please pray for me and my husband to have a little one

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by God'sdaughter, Feb 17, 2017.

1. God'sdaughter

God'sdaughter Praying for a gift from God

+5
    Christian
    Married
    My husband and I got married in 2015 (but we didn't have our wedding ceremony until January 2017). We have been trying to conceive (actively) since 2015. Meaning, no protection whatsoever. All my friends who are about the same age (36ish) have already given birth.

Even my single (divorced) friend gave birth last year. I remember her telling me "it's okay that I got pregnant even if I don't have a partner [the guy is her ex-boyfriend but is married to someone else], at least I was able to experience the 'essence' of being a woman." I kept it to myself, but that comment hurt me so bad since my husband and I have already been TTC when she blurted that line. In return, I told her that we will try to conceive after the wedding in January is over. I didn't want to tell her that we are trying since she already said hurtful things.

All my life I know that I really wanted a kid, but God hasn't answered our prayers. I had relationships in the past and I struggled many times to saying 'no' to doing it, because I wanted to chance it and have a kid. That didn't work out either. Even with my husband, we did not wait until we god married. I regret that we didn't, not only because I think God is punishing us for being disobedient, but also because I hate the fact that I know it hurts God.

I still want to have a baby, but I am losing hope. I'm not sure anymore if God will still answer this prayer. I want to blame my past. I wonder if it would have made any difference if I had stayed pure until I married my husband. I am so down!!!

Please pray with and for us. :-(

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Brantley Wills

Brantley Wills New Member

+24
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm on it..

3. Brantley Wills

Brantley Wills New Member

+24
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I know a couple in the same situation.. They finally conceived a few months ago.. Prayer works understanding Gods timing is tough. Don't loose hope..

4. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,258
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Will pray.

5. look4hope

look4hope Love.Fellowship.Joy Supporter

+1,664
    Lutheran
    Private
    Prayers that things turn out how they are suppose to. Please try not to have others make you feel like you aren't deserving of being a parent.
    Keep that hope on tight.
    My best wishes for both!
    :pray:

6. NothingIsImpossible

NothingIsImpossible Well-Known Member

+3,173
    Christian
    Married
    Nothing selfish about praying to get pregnant. If anything its normal to want a baby!

7. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+2,254
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Children are a Blessing, unless you are Teacher in Public Schools.

Try Adaption, often one has their own child after an Adoption.

8. God'sdaughter

+5
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you! :pray:

9. God'sdaughter

+5
    Christian
    Married
    Yeah, really tough, but I'm trying my best to hold on to His promises.

10. God'sdaughter

+5
    Christian
    Married
    It's challenging. Thank you for the prayers!

11. God'sdaughter

+5
    Christian
    Married
    I agree. Nothing is impossible with God. :)

12. God'sdaughter

+5
    Christian
    Married
    My husband and I are public school teachers. :) It makes it more challenging to see little people everyday, my desire to have kids intensifies. :-(

I'm not sure if we can, since we are in a foreign country. :-(

13. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+7,008
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Father I pray blessings on this request and that this family may become three in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

14. BookishGirl

BookishGirl Love without condition. Supporter

+10,258
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Praying for you.

I have been in your shoes and I understand how you feel. My husband and I waited (sometimes impatiently) for 8 years before God blessed us with our first child. It took another 7 years before he blessed us with our second. During that time it wasn't easy to rejoice when friends and family members became pregnant.

Hindsight is 20/20 so they say. It has been almost 20 years since my last pregnancy and I can honestly say "Thank you Lord" that my husband and I didn't have children right away. We would have missed the blessings God was pouring out on us, although at the time we didn't recognize them.

During those years my husband and I were able to really focus on each other and our marriage. We have now been married 30+ years and are best friends and partners. There is a strong bond we share because together we have walked through good and bad times and have found the Lord faithful. Another incredible blessing is that we were able to immerse ourselves in undistracted ministry. We would not have been able to do that if children were in the picture.

I pray you will learn to trust God's will for your life (and His perfect timing) and that you will be fully aware of the blessings that you have right now in the waiting.

God bless you,
    BG