Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hey there Sister, there is a "Style" setting in "Preferences" that you might try (but I believe that "light" and "dark" are your only background choices.

First, click here:
Then look for the drop-down arrow next to the word "Style" (on the upper right-hand side of the window)

Choose the default and/or light setting from the drop-down menu.

Click on "Save" at the bottom of the page.

If that's not it, hopefully a CFcom tech will be along shortly.

God bless you!!

--David

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,410.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Everything suddenly has an ivory background instead of white. How can I make it white again? I think I need step by step directions.

Whatever device you are using (phone, tablet, desktop) should have a contrast/brightness setting somewhere in "Settings".

You may have accidentally turned the screen brightness/contrast down. This is a typical problem with laptops.

If you don't know how to adjust screen brightness Google 'adjusting contrast' plus the name of your device.

OB

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
On what? What's the difference between ivory and white?

You're potentially talking about blue-light filter/low light mode/night filter. If it's on your computer try following these steps to turn it OFF

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hey there Sister, there is a "Style" setting in "Preferences" that you might try (but I believe that "light" and "dark" are your only background choices.

First, click here:
Then look for the drop-down arrow next to the word "Style" (on the upper right-hand side of the window)

Choose the default and/or light setting from the drop-down menu.

Click on "Save" at the bottom of the page.

If that's not it, hopefully a CFcom tech will be along shortly.

God bless you!!

--David
Thanks, David. It was a problem everywhere including my email, but I guess it corrected itself.

BTW, you're typing to a dinosaur who has ONLY a desktop!

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, David. It was a problem everywhere including my email, but I guess it corrected itself.

BTW, you're typing to a dinosaur who has ONLY a desktop!
That's great :)

--David
p.s. - how often do you reboot/turn off-turn on your computer? I ask because MANY computer problems can be quickly and easily resolved that way, so it is the first thing that I try (typically). So, the next time that you have a problem, turn your computer all the way off, wait 20-30 sec, then do a cold boot (start it back up again). A cold boot (in particular) seems to reset things to were they are supposed to be :oldthumbsup: You may also want to consider rebooting your computer once a day, or at least, once a week (if you don't do so already).

Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
p.s. - how often do you reboot/turn off-turn on your computer? I ask because MANY computer problems can be quickly and easily resolved that way, so it is the first thing that I try (typically). So, the next time that you have a problem, turn your computer all the way off, wait 20-30 sec, then do a cold boot (start it back up again). A cold boot (in particular) seems to reset things to were they are supposed to be :oldthumbsup: You may also want to consider rebooting your computer once a day, or at least, once a week (if you don't do so already).
Partially correct (and would have been 100% correct some years ago). Since Windows 8 they've introduced what's called "hybrid shutdown"/"fast startup". This means that some states are saved to the hibernation file (what it uses to do standby mode but completely powered off), so some issues do return after a poweroff because it's reloaded those states to be quicker.

Telling Windows to Restart actually unloads everything properly and is doing the closest thing to a cold boot (unless you trick Windows into doing a proper shutdown, which is a bit more complicated for end users).

• Informative
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Partially correct (and would have been 100% correct some years ago). Since Windows 8 they've introduced what's called "hybrid shutdown"/"fast startup". This means that some states are saved to the hibernation file (what it uses to do standby mode but completely powered off), so some issues do return after a poweroff because it's reloaded those states to be quicker.

Telling Windows to Restart actually unloads everything properly and is doing the closest thing to a cold boot (unless you trick Windows into doing a proper shutdown, which is a bit more complicated for end users).
Wookiee :D All that is Greek to me!

• Informative
Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Wookiee :D All that is Greek to me!
If you're using a regular computer or laptop: click Start -> Restart as an attempt to troubleshoot any problems you may have.

If you're having random problems on a phone or tablet, power it off fully and turn it back on.

1675410632666.png

• Useful
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's great :)

--David
That sounds like the advice my husband used to give me, but he's been gone for years and I'm paranoid w/o him!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you're using a regular computer or laptop: click Start -> Restart as an attempt to troubleshoot any problems you may have.

If you're having random problems on a phone or tablet, power it off fully and turn it back on.

View attachment 327436
Landline phone. No tablet ----- I wouldn't even recognize one if it's electronic instead of paper. Almost 2-yr. old great-granddaughter was playing intently with a device the size of a flip phone (maybe it was a phone) but I would have enjoyed some human interaction!

Upvote 0