Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
So I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we shared what it was that made us fall in love with our spouses. :) When did you know you wanted to marry them? Why did you choose this one person above all others?

Me, I knew I wanted to marry my husband when I started daydreaming about a family with him. I never wanted children (and I'm not a baby person :sorry:), I never even wanted to get married, but suddenly I wanted a little version of my now-husband running around and to have a family with him. I think it was the fact that I wanted kids with my husband that made me realize I loved him.

So what are your stories?

waxlion10

Just shut up and be delicious- Dwight
Mar 27, 2006
United States
Visit site
✟10,368.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think I've always wanted to marry DH. Even before we started dating, I could see us together in the future. There was just something very special and very deep there.

I knew for sure after taking some time apart during my senior year of college and going to counseling for some personal problems. I was working through my feelings about some stuff, and my counselor said, "It sounds like Randy [my current dh] means a great deal to you." And I broke down and started crying and nodded. I realized he meant the world to me and that he made me better.

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oddly enough, I knew Jason(my DH) was the one when my mom told me I wasn't allowed to date him. She'd approved of EVERY other guy I'd dated since then, ALWAYS saying something to the effect of, "You're giving your heart to the right guy" or "If you don't get married, I'll be surprised". So, when I said I was going on a date with Jason, and she said, "No you aren't" I knew he was the one.

Three days later, she was just as in love with him as I was. (I've known him since second grade, so it's not like we were strangers who fell in love. We'd known each other for years.)

Upvote 0
B

blythe_ann

This is a hard question to answer when you date a guy for as long as I dated my husband. But I did think I would end up marrying "someone like him" when he started attending my church, because I decided it was really important to me that we shared very similar beliefs. At that time, I was in 8th grade and had decided that boyfriends were a waste of time.
But we talked about getting married before we were officially dating. We didn't want to date unless it was with the intentions of marrying. So, there ya' go.

Upvote 0

notanordinarygirl

Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
£amb;57802527 said:
He knew I was the one when I was waiting for him on the pier after his 6 month deployment. (We had only met 2 days prior to his leaving).

He told his cousin that if I was waiting for him then we were going to marry.

when I first met her and she took my breath away. She does that to this very day 16 years later and 15 years married.

Both these answers are so romantic!!! :)

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hubby knew I was the one when he heard a song on the radio and suddenly realized he was in love with me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me.

I knew he was the one when we were at the beach one day and I was watching him play with my kids. I already knew I was crazy about him, but knew it wasn't going anywhere if he and my kids didn't get along. They took to him instantly and he has been an amazing stepfather and role model for them. :)

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My husband has helped me so much in growing in faith. He was able to look beyond the things I had done and encouraged me to focus on my desire and potential to be a Godly woman. He is such a wonderful husband and a very special blessing to me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Religious Crisis

God is a Consuming Fire!!!
Mar 15, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟10,066.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think it was when someone asked me about if we were getting married and I had never even thought about it, I had just never thought of being with anyone else. Also when I relized that she is everything that I am not and that we make eachother better people.

Upvote 0

EmilyF

Vroom...
May 8, 2008
Columbus, OH
✟8,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I was at his house for an outreach cookout and turned around and saw him. His gorgeous eyes, shy smile and broad shoulders were HOT!

Then, I became a Christian and got to see what an amazing man he truly is. We've been married 8.5 years and we're going to renew our vows for our 10th anniversary.

I love him more than I did that day he took my breath away, than the day we married and than I did yesterday.

Upvote 0