I keep weighing the pros and cons but im feeling the strong desire to be with a man again.

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I feel like I'm just getting older and I don't want to look back on my life and see a void, in the past I turned down alot of guys( I knew it wasn't going to go anywhere...)

But I'm just struggling, what if I don't find someone special, what if there's no guy for me?

Idk, I just don't want life to pass me by... But at the same time I think about risks like pregnancy and other stuff like that and that's enough to scare me into staying single.

Most days I don't care but days like these I just want someone to be with.

I just feel since I don't have a degree , in not the brightest person...guys won't take me any further.., sometimes I feel I should settle but I don't want to and I know I shouldn't,,,i should know my worth...

But I really think no one is out there for me :/

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I feel like I'm just getting older and I don't want to look back on my life and see a void, in the past I turned down alot of guys( I knew it wasn't going to go anywhere...)

But I'm just struggling, what if I don't find someone special, what if there's no guy for me?

Idk, I just don't want life to pass me by... But at the same time I think about risks like pregnancy and other stuff like that and that's enough to scare me into staying single.

I just feel since I don't have a degree , in not the brightest person...guys won't take me any further.., sometimes I feel I should settle but I don't want to and I know I shouldn't,,,i should know my worth...

You already have the most wonderful man a woman could want. Keep your focus on Him, and let Him take care of you!

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is someone out there for you

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think so...the older I get the more apparent it gets and it hurts really bad. It makes me feel like somethings wrong with me... Like maybe I'm not a capable ,strong woman maybe that's why I don't have a mate...and I think that's true.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I feel you have to have certain qualities to be married, you have to be capable and strong and I feel I lack these qualities. I'm rushing to place these characteristics within myself but I feel like I'm racing against the clock... because guys my age are married and with children and it only gets worse when I get older.

I just feel like my life would be a waste if I can't do 2 things that make life worth living. One, being married and sharing love with someone special and two, being an animator. Those are the 2 greatest passions I hold within myself..that's it...

If I can't do both... I just feel like I just led a waste of a life.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're only 25. TONS of people don't get married well into their 30s or even 40s. I know a bunch of women who were 35+ when they first married and then went on to have kids. Try to be patient and trust in the Lord. There is nothing to be gained from sex with someone you don't really care about and have no future with. You deserve more than that. Believe in yourself. A college degree doesn't give people value.

One of my friends died from cancer in her late 20s. While she was in remission she got a boyfriend, and although she was a Christian she decided to sleep with him because she figured it might be her last chance. The relationship didn't work out, and she was devastated. It only added emotional pain to the physical pain she was going through, and she told me it wasn't worth it. Just something to consider. Sex in and of itself does not solve problems, make you feel worthy, or add meaning to your life.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I feel you have to have certain qualities to be married, you have to be capable and strong and I feel I lack these qualities. I'm rushing to place these characteristics within myself but I feel like I'm racing against the clock... because guys my age are married and with children and it only gets worse when I get older.

I just feel like my life would be a waste if I can't do 2 things that make life worth living. One, being married and sharing love with someone special and two, being an animator. Those are the 2 greatest passions I hold within myself..that's it...

If I can't do both... I just feel like I just led a waste of a life.

I think that you need to deal with that, to be honest. You don't need either of those things for your life to matter.
You just need Jesus.

"Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life." John 12:25

I think that God isn't giving you what you want, because it would make you stumble. It would steal your focus from the Lord.
You aren't living your life to please Him, and I think you need to start doing that.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Nothing should be more important to you than God!

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The fact my friend will be married soon just shows how much I'm missing out on and two, that soon ill lose him and be very lonely. I didn't know how lonely I used to be till he came into my life....

And when he's married ill be alone again.., and. I know that'll be happening soon...

I just feel cursed that I can't maintain. A life long friendship or have a relationship, my best friend who was online.. Known him for 3 years... Made such an impact on my life and ill probably never meet him.

And I feel that's my lot in life...to love people at a distance,,if that...

Which is why I hope there's someone for me bc in your late 20's early 30's. Most people are married and don't have time for friends...

I can't imagine being completely alone like I was in my teens,,,i honestly don't know how I got through it. But I can't imagine being alone no friends or a significant other for the rest of my life..

I'm giving myself till 30 to see if life changes,,,

I'm so sad ill be losing my friend whom I've never had the chance to meet .

I hate being this alone.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that you need to deal with that, to be honest. You don't need either of those things for your life to matter.
You just need Jesus.

"Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life." John 12:25

I think that God isn't giving you what you want, because it would make you stumble. It would steal your focus from the Lord.
You aren't living your life to please Him, and I think you need to start doing that.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Nothing should be more important to you than God!
God said its not good for man to be alone..in fact being isolated has proven to increase mental illness and lower life expectancy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You're only 25. TONS of people don't get married well into their 30s or even 40s. I know a bunch of women who were 35+ when they first married and then went on to have kids. Try to be patient and trust in the Lord. There is nothing to be gained from sex with someone you don't really care about and have no future with. You deserve more than that. Believe in yourself. A college degree doesn't give people value.

One of my friends died from cancer in her late 20s. While she was in remission she got a boyfriend, and although she was a Christian she decided to sleep with him because she figured it might be her last chance. The relationship didn't work out, and she was devastated. It only added emotional pain to the physical pain she was going through, and she told me it wasn't worth it. Just something to consider. Sex in and of itself does not solve problems, make you feel worthy, or add meaning to your life.
Man. I'm so sorry about your friend..That's a terrible way to go..and her boyfriend is a piece of work for leaving her during her illness.

Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

There is definitely someone for you! Don't give up! Maybe try going to a Christian dating website and try that for a while? But don't give up, you will find someone. :angel:

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God said its not good for man to be alone..in fact being isolated has proven to increase mental illness and lower life expectancy.

"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do." 1 Corinthians 7:8

"An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit." 1 Corinthians 7:34

You do not need to get married. In fact, it's recommended in the Bible to stay single.
I've been single for many years, and trust me, it works fine. God is my husband, and I need no one else.

May He bless you with peace.

Reactions: longwait
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do." 1 Corinthians 7:8

"An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit." 1 Corinthians 7:34

You do not need to get married. In fact, it's recommended in the Bible to stay single.
I've been single for many years, and trust me, it works fine. God is my husband, and I need no one else.

May He bless you with peace.
Yeah but with you you're not lonely. I am. And then add having no friends. Being lonely isn't good..it will drive you insane.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if there is that much time left to worry about having a family. Aren't we in the times similar to the days of Noah?
Besides to be married you don't have to be graded A+ in all your character traits. None of us are perfect. Not even the ones who are married. Yeah, when I was younger I too had this false notion that to be married you have to be this and that. There will be someone else with similar traits as you. Besides not everyone is married to Mr or Miss Special.

• Agree
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've been where you are. I was really lonely, and I had no friends. But I've found some great fellowship in these forums. Feel free to PM me if you do want to talk. I'm usually here, and willing to listen to anything you may be going through.

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God created us with a powerful passion for marital intimacy, and it a gift from Him to reflect who He is and to enjoy privileges only married people enjoy if they're willing to invest their love in each other and abandon selfishness (which is certainly a process).

Do not feel guilty for desiring a spouse, as the desire is God given and it is something He intends to fulfill. In addition to the verse in Genesis you mentioned, Proverbs 18:22 says, "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD" (while it is in the masculine context -- man finds wife -- I'm sure you understand these kinds of verses apply vice versa as well). David also declares: "Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth (Psalms 127:3-4)." Also, while Paul confessed he himself preferred everyone be as he is, he also admitted that it is better to be married than burn with passion (1 Corinthians 7:9).

Do not think of looking for a husband as a replacement for Christ, as it is Christ who gave you this passion in extension of your spiritual one to honour Him. You will also notice that in Genesis it is God who declares that man is alone and that it is not good, not Adam. God left Adam alone in the garden to reveal this need for companionship to him, as we know that God intended to sustain and multiply human beings through marital intimacy and uniquely allow us to relate to Him in this way.

Marriage is a great ministry and opportunity to experience a first-person perspective of what it is like to possess all of the intimate desires that God does for us. In my own life, I can tell you the greatest relation I've had to God as a man in understanding Him is in my marriage to my wife, in all the ways I've learned how precious and powerful it is to be honoured and loved by her.

Continue to pray and to seek, and remain obedient to Christ in your search so you are not led into sin in one way or another. If you honour God in your pursuit of a husband, He can bless that and lead you as you seek to one that is right for you. As the Scripture says:

"Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalms 37:4)

Upvote 0