Asvin

Legend
Aug 13, 2010
✟24,934.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
For the past two weeks, I have been researching a variety of Christian and religious topics. I ordered some books from amazon, watched several videos on YouTube, and also read many articles on natural theology and Christian philosophy. During this period, I have been seeing the numbers 66 and 77. I know that the number of the beast is 666, so I am always reminded of the Bible and God when I see the number 66. For some reason, when I see 77, I am immediately reminded of Jesus' resurrection. I have no idea why this is happening and I am honestly bewildered. Some examples of the instances when I saw these numbers:

1) I stopped to get gas and the mileage ended with 66.
2) A little later, I checked my phone battery and it said that it had 77% charge. I immediately thought of Jesus. I tried to forget about it and turned on the radio.
3) Then, I got that "ding" sound that you get when you receive an e-mail on the Iphone, so I naturally turned on my phone and I see 66% charge!
4) The above incidents occurred two days ago, on Friday. I am a huge soccer fan and I was watching this game and the only goal of the match was scored during the 77th minute. This was in the morning today.
5) In the evening, I went to the gym. After I left the gym and entered my car, I saw that the time was 6:06 pm. I was quite shocked because even though you can't get two sixes next to each other in the timing system, both the sixes were separated by a 0. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was 6:16 , 6:26, 6:36, 6:46, or 6:56.

Am I blowing this out of proportion or is there something going on?

ChristianT

Newbie Orthodox
Nov 4, 2011
Somewhere in God's Creation.
✟17,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps placebo. You having prior knowledge of the significance of numbers in religious thought (6 being an imperfect number, the number of man, and 7 being perfect, the number of God and holiness/perfection), along with studying this, you recognize significance in times and scores, whatnot.

Of course, that they occur as frequently and wide-ranged as you report is quite curious. Perhaps God is trying to tell you something (I'm serious, He may be telling you to pray or read His word to get wisdom from him), or maybe trying to reconcile you back (I'm on an app so I can't see your faith icon ;) which really isn't fina anyway

God bless and ill stay posted!

Upvote 0

Asvin

Legend
Aug 13, 2010
✟24,934.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps placebo. You having prior knowledge of the significance of numbers in religious thought (6 being an imperfect number, the number of man, and 7 being perfect, the number of God and holiness/perfection), along with studying this, you recognize significance in times and scores, whatnot.

Of course, that they occur as frequently and wide-ranged as you report is quite curious. Perhaps God is trying to tell you something (I'm serious, He may be telling you to pray or read His word to get wisdom from him), or maybe trying to reconcile you back (I'm on an app so I can't see your faith icon ;) which really isn't fina anyway

God bless and ill stay posted!

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it was just placebo or some other psychological phenomena, but it has been happening daily in various circumstances. I just wanted to know if this is one way God could be communicating with me or if others had the same experience!

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Put your faith in how God is communicating with you, and not in the numbers themselves. If God has messages for you, find out what they are and move on. It's easy to get distracted and put too much focus on the message itself. God is so much bigger, and has so much more to say to you.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you're blowing it out of proportion. We tend to see (i.e., remember) what we're looking for and not notice things we aren't looking for. So when you see the occasional 6 or 7 you remember it. However, it's probable that there are a ton of other numbers you see but that just don't register with you. (As a guy who likes numbers, I too notice particular numbers and patterns. I don't ascribe any spiritual significance to them though.)

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

What is going on is that you are human, and humans are programmed to seek out and find patterns. We do not like chaos, and we prefer to find meaning in what is around us. Where none exists we will make it up, as you are doing.

I guarantee that if you fixate on any other two numbers you will start to see them everywhere as well. To a large extent, we find what we are looking for. You are looking for 66 and 77, and so you are finding them. The other numbers are around as well, but you are ignoring them.

This is perfectly normal, up to the point where you attribute magic powers to numbers, and then it falls into the forbidden pagan practice of numerology.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is going on is that you are human, and humans are programmed to seek out and find patterns. We do not like chaos, and we prefer to find meaning in what is around us. Where none exists we will make it up, as you are doing.

I guarantee that if you fixate on any other two numbers you will start to see them everywhere as well. To a large extent, we find what we are looking for. You are looking for 66 and 77, and so you are finding them. The other numbers are around as well, but you are ignoring them.

This is perfectly normal, up to the point where you attribute magic powers to numbers, and then it falls into the forbidden pagan practice of numerology.
Hey Catherineanne, looks like you and I are singing to the same sheet of music :).

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Hey Catherineanne, looks like you and I are singing to the same sheet of music :).

How marvellous. :)

I did not read the other responses before I posted; it tends to colour what I say too much if I do that. But I was glad to see I was not the only one to say it is pattern matching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Asvin,

I too at times have the same issue as you however I'm a born again Christian. I believe that God plays a role in numbers. Through out the bible numbers were significant. Such as the 7 days of the week. The Sabbath being the 7th day of rest. God rested on the 7th day and there are many other factors with 7, 8, 5, and 12.

Now what kept happening to me a few years ago is I kept seeing the numbers 555. Anywhere from seeing the time, looking at numbers that may be on a book, newspapers, you name it, it was there. I never went looking for these numbers. Numbers and I have an issue with getting along when it comes to math. I was never good with numbers or math. If one were to give me numbers my mind goes in panic mode or sometimes blank mode. Some Christian teachers would teach that the number 5 is representing God's grace. And God's grace is shown throught out the bible.

Another time I would have dreams with anything happening in threes. A year or so ago I kept waking up at 3:00am for a whole month. At first I didn't take notice. The second time around I was wondering why I was waking up at that hour. Third, it started to bother me when it continued to the point that I would get frusttrated. Until one morning I woke up at 3:00 am. I got out of bed and went into the living room and started praying. I would pray for anyone that I felt that God was putting on my heart to pray for. I prayed for an hour. At 4:00 am I went to bed and went to sleep. Since that time I have not awakened at 3:00 am every night. It had stopped. I do wake on an occassional 3:00am.

These are just a few of them. However you mentioned Asvin that you kept seeing 66 and 77. As most of us Christians would know that 666 is the number of man, thus the number 6. We also know that 777 represents God, thus the number 7.

Maybe God is trying to tell you something, that you need to choose today whom you will serve. When you see 77 and you immediately think Jesus Christ and His resurrection. Not sure what you think of when you see 66.

However Asvin, it shows in your profile that you are an Atheist and you do not believe that God exists. So 77 God, 66, man. Could it be that God is telling you to choose you this day whom you will serve? You have a choice to serve yourself, man and your beliefs, or you have a choice of serving God. God or man. Believe that God exists or you don't. Think this through and let me know. But to me it is speaking a message loud and clear.

Moriah Ruth

Upvote 0

Asvin

Legend
Aug 13, 2010
✟24,934.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi Asvin,

I too at times have the same issue as you however I'm a born again Christian. I believe that God plays a role in numbers. Through out the bible numbers were significant. Such as the 7 days of the week. The Sabbath being the 7th day of rest. God rested on the 7th day and there are many other factors with 7, 8, 5, and 12.

Now what kept happening to me a few years ago is I kept seeing the numbers 555. Anywhere from seeing the time, looking at numbers that may be on a book, newspapers, you name it, it was there. I never went looking for these numbers. Numbers and I have an issue with getting along when it comes to math. I was never good with numbers or math. If one were to give me numbers my mind goes in panic mode or sometimes blank mode. Some Christian teachers would teach that the number 5 is representing God's grace. And God's grace is shown throught out the bible.

Another time I would have dreams with anything happening in threes. A year or so ago I kept waking up at 3:00am for a whole month. At first I didn't take notice. The second time around I was wondering why I was waking up at that hour. Third, it started to bother me when it continued to the point that I would get frusttrated. Until one morning I woke up at 3:00 am. I got out of bed and went into the living room and started praying. I would pray for anyone that I felt that God was putting on my heart to pray for. I prayed for an hour. At 4:00 am I went to bed and went to sleep. Since that time I have not awakened at 3:00 am every night. It had stopped. I do wake on an occassional 3:00am.

These are just a few of them. However you mentioned Asvin that you kept seeing 66 and 77. As most of us Christians would know that 666 is the number of man, thus the number 6. We also know that 777 represents God, thus the number 7.

Maybe God is trying to tell you something, that you need to choose today whom you will serve. When you see 77 and you immediately think Jesus Christ and His resurrection. Not sure what you think of when you see 66.

However Asvin, it shows in your profile that you are an Atheist and you do not believe that God exists. So 77 God, 66, man. Could it be that God is telling you to choose you this day whom you will serve? You have a choice to serve yourself, man and your beliefs, or you have a choice of serving God. God or man. Believe that God exists or you don't. Think this through and let me know. But to me it is speaking a message loud and clear.

Moriah Ruth

Thanks for your reply. When I see the number 66, I am reminded of the number of the beast, which is 666 according to the Bible. I am an atheist, although I have switched back and forth from atheism to theism quite a number of times because I genuinely felt, in each period of belief/unbelief, that I was being open-minded and genuine.

As of today, the ONLY time I checked my phone battery, it said 77% charge. I think this is happening too frequently to be just coincidence or some kind of subconscious phenomena because that number showed up the ONLY time I checked the battery.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Many people do believe that God speaks through a variety of ways. I agree that too much focus on the numbers can drag a person into strange territory, but what you want to look at here is -- why?

If God is telling you something, then what is the message? If He is trying to get your attention, then don't be embarrassed to listen. Just hear and get to know what His voice sounds like... whether coincidences are real, or imagined, or even contrived.

Who knows, maybe someone is setting everything to certain numbers to drive all us donkeys crazy!

Some people above have given associations with numbers. It might be worth looking up associations yourself.

Another one that comes to mind -- Jesus suggested that believers should forgive seventy times seven.

If you are concerned about following superstitions, remember that numbers can be written as having intentional meaning.

For instance, the tribes of Israel were divided into manageable groups of 50, with natural family leaders responsible for keeping the order. God allowed for reasonable delegation, and divisions to keep order. Later, Jesus was about to multiply the loaves, and he asked people to sit down in groups of fifty.

I believe there was reason for him to give that number -- so people would understand that order will be easier when people fall into their natural groupings, with natural-born leader personalities. Rather than Jesus (or Moses) mandating something with his own system and people. Jews were familiar with what the number 50 implied - sensible divisions and calm organization.

So.. find out where 66 and 77 are used in the Bible, and see if you gain insight about life.

Search for: seventy-seven - Bible Search - Reference Desk - StudyLight.org

Search for: sixty-six - Bible Search - Reference Desk - StudyLight.org

Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Parsley,

First of all I am not superstitious and second I am not looking for signs to get my answers. They just happen and I believe that God speaks through numbers and other means to get our attention. However way that God decides to do it is not up to me to say. He is God, I'm not.

Moriah Ruth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EyeH8Yahweh

Sep 30, 2017
Republican bibletown USA
✟7,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Rationalist
Marital Status
Single
For the past two weeks, I have been researching a variety of Christian and religious topics. I ordered some books from amazon, watched several videos on YouTube, and also read many articles on natural theology and Christian philosophy. During this period, I have been seeing the numbers 66 and 77. I know that the number of the beast is 666, so I am always reminded of the Bible and God when I see the number 66. For some reason, when I see 77, I am immediately reminded of Jesus' resurrection. I have no idea why this is happening and I am honestly bewildered. Some examples of the instances when I saw these numbers:

1) I stopped to get gas and the mileage ended with 66.
2) A little later, I checked my phone battery and it said that it had 77% charge. I immediately thought of Jesus. I tried to forget about it and turned on the radio.
3) Then, I got that "ding" sound that you get when you receive an e-mail on the Iphone, so I naturally turned on my phone and I see 66% charge!
4) The above incidents occurred two days ago, on Friday. I am a huge soccer fan and I was watching this game and the only goal of the match was scored during the 77th minute. This was in the morning today.
5) In the evening, I went to the gym. After I left the gym and entered my car, I saw that the time was 6:06 pm. I was quite shocked because even though you can't get two sixes next to each other in the timing system, both the sixes were separated by a 0. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was 6:16 , 6:26, 6:36, 6:46, or 6:56.

Hey, how's it going? Look, I will be the first to point out how old this thread is. However, since no one chose to close this topic or perhaps someone chose to leave it open for a reason, I decided to reply to it. I was doing some research about the three major religious which all spawned from worshiping 1 deity.

In Arabic, the alphabetic characters are letters AND numbers which can be put into a mathematical expression.

The numerical value of the word هُوَ HoWa is: 5 + 6 = 11.
Furthermore, the numerical value of the word الله (Allah ) is: 1+30+30+5 = 66 (66 is equal to 11 x 6, so 66 a multiple of 11).

I don't know if the Arabic characters are going to show up on your computer or if this internet forum is going to allow for them to be displayed. If your computer does not have the ability to use that font, you may not see it.

Interesting side note: The word algebra is a Latin variant of the Arabic word al-jabr. This came from the title of a book, Hidab al-jabr wal-muqubala, written in Baghdad about 825 A.D. by the Arab mathematician Mohammed ibn-Musa al-Khowarizmi.

I did not come here to preach anything or to dissuade anyone from their religion or to persuade them to follow anything. I am studying the effects of religion on the world as a whole. It is my findings that religion in any form is destructive and the cause of most Wars and Genocide, if not all. With the exception of Buddhism because it primarily teaches One to love One's self and that One should seek enlightenment through meditation and research. Question everything One is told. Believe Nothing that One has been told. I always urge people to find out for themselves, don't be a sheep who follows a leader.

Upvote 0

DangerousMinds66

Jan 21, 2019
OH
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God has shown us signs in the heavens and his redemptive story has been told there before the Bible was written. Watch this video and it might help. Jesus is coming soon. Israel became 70 years old May 14, 2018. Her 77th birthday (which is also the number of the false prophet) is on May 14, 2025. I hope this helps ...

http://www.daystar.com/ondemand/video/?video=5980601030001

Upvote 0

Wendy c

Aug 31, 2019
Grovecity
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have been seeing 66 alot 2 lately i think jesus might be saying stop doing what ever ur doing like looking at ur phone or or doing alot of choirs spending time with the kids i seen on a couple sites it means idol worship i am on my phone alot he wants 2 to tell u something and give him ur full attention the reason im saying this because today i stoped being on my phone alot and i seen 5 4 in a row then seen a dove ! Im just tryin 2 help i was scared about the 66 2 but soon as i took a break i seen the 5 4s and a dove thats a good sign so maybe take a break from what ever u do like that the tv stuff like that

Upvote 0

Glenjamin

Feb 14, 2020
Chicago
✟15,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello Alvin and others,
I went through the same process of glancing at numbers 66,77,33,6,7..... The 66 in the Old Testament represents greed. One poster mentioned deciding who you serve in any particular day. God or the spirit of greed is what I see that as. I'll see 66 when I have spent my day serving my self and 77 when I have served others with either my time or money or both. Jesus said we cannot serve God and money. Greed more so has to do with what we do with our time I've found. If I consistently serve God, noticing numbers starts to go away because I have freedom. I've wondered what makes look at these numbers and I know it is the angel that is with me. You likely have one too Aslin. 6 by itself is sins of the flesh(wrath/condition of the heart), 66 is greed(mind), 666 is pride(mind/heart). You may see 99 to oppose 66. You may see 999 to oppose pride. Remember fighting greed is an ongoing battle in our world of extreme wealth. But not serving that spirit will give you such peace in your heart. Jesus and this Holy Spirit will comfort you. Isaiah 3:12 says children are the oppressors. I felt my angel open me up to this in the Bible one day and ever since then I noticed that if I started to do good like eat right, pray, exercise, then my parents would call and talk about God. Our hearts are connected and it is very nice. Love is all you need❤️

Upvote 0