FightTheFlesh

Sep 10, 2016
Detroit
✟20,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been praying for God to take these dreams away from me. It's always dreams dealing with hollywood and musicians and I'm tired of it. The dreams are of wicked worldly celebrities. I want my normal dreams back. I'm tired of these dreams. What must i do to stop them? I've been through so much and i just want a normal dream experience and a normal Christian life. It's never too late for God, right? Well I've been praying. Please pray for me. I need all the strength and I'm tired of going through this.

Ashley755

Aug 9, 2018
south-central region
✟36,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you often see such celebrities on television or hear about them someplace else? Perhaps, removing that influence from your life will help. Also, if these people (the celebrities in question) are living worldly lives, I think you should pray for them. Likewise, if they are caught in sin, perhaps you are being called to pray for them.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you often see such celebrities on television or hear about them someplace else? Perhaps, removing that influence from your life will help.

Also, if these people (the celebrities in question) are living worldly lives, I think you should pray for them. Likewise, if they are caught in sin, perhaps you are being called to pray for them.
Both very good points.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been praying for God to take these dreams away from me. It's always dreams dealing with hollywood and musicians and I'm tired of it. The dreams are of wicked worldly celebrities.
Are the content of these dreams sinful? (no details please)

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As born again believers (assuming you are one) we actually are at a kind of odds with the world and worldly system. These dreams may be part of your maturing in Christ, showing you the spiritual battle we are actually in.. Maybe speak to the Lord about them and get His counsel. I personally have had many encounters in dreams more like visions that played out in real life in some way. I even have gotten bible chapters to read and in real life read them and was blessed in so doing.

Old things have passed away and we are made new ! Look forward not back.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. They are always about celebrities or it will be a dream of a sinful music video.
Do you mean the music videos are lustful?
And are YOU doing bad things with those celebrities?

If so, I would pray HARD for God to show you what is missing from your life that your dreams are trying to make up for.

Dreams can come from God (it is usually clear what those are) or the devil to harass us. But the vast majority of dreams come from our own subconscious to make sense of various things we experience or need.

Upvote 0

FightTheFlesh

Sep 10, 2016
Detroit
✟20,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you often see such celebrities on television or hear about them someplace else? Perhaps, removing that influence from your life will help. Also, if these people (the celebrities in question) are living worldly lives, I think you should pray for them. Likewise, if they are caught in sin, perhaps you are being called to pray for them.
I will do that. Sometimes my dreams are actual music videos of these celebrities. I just had a dream of one particular rapper that was a music video she's never made and she was basically naked in the video. I'm sick of these dreams and these dreams are not coming from me. I did listen to worldly music a lot but I've been cutting all of it out of my life. I have struggles with my faith a lot and get bad thoughts. I pray about them. It leads me to feel like my relationship with God has been ruined.

Upvote 0

FightTheFlesh

Sep 10, 2016
Detroit
✟20,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you mean the music videos are lustful?
And are YOU doing bad things with those celebrities?

If so, I would pray HARD for God to show you what is missing from your life that your dreams are trying to make up for.

Dreams can come from God (it is usually clear what those are) or the devil to harass us. But the vast majority of dreams come from our own subconscious to make sense of various things we experience or need.
I am not doing anything with the celebrities in the dream except in one of the dreams i was acting like this particular artist. I don't want these dreams anymore. I just want normal dreams. I went through a really tough spiritual battle in 2016 and 2017. Sometimes i worry if God has given me over. These dreams aren't scary but they represent things that i want no part in.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not doing anything with the celebrities in the dream except in one of the dreams i was acting like this particular artist.
OK gotcha.
I went through a really tough spiritual battle in 2016 and 2017. Sometimes i worry if God has given me over.
I can tell you for sure He has NOT done that. You are still here and concerned.
These dreams aren't scary but they represent things that i want no part in.
If they represent things in your life that USED to be there, or you desired, repent. If you think they are harassment from the enemy, rebuke him and his lies in the Name of Jesus. Pray for God's protection over your mind and sleep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have been praying for God to take these dreams away from me. It's always dreams dealing with hollywood and musicians and I'm tired of it. The dreams are of wicked worldly celebrities. I want my normal dreams back. I'm tired of these dreams. What must i do to stop them? I've been through so much and i just want a normal dream experience and a normal Christian life. It's never too late for God, right? Well I've been praying. Please pray for me. I need all the strength and I'm tired of going through this.
Sometimes the devil gives me bad dreams or keeps me awake at night. I look at these as opportunities to pray.

Try praying for the celebrities you dream about. Pray that God will save them!

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Since you used to watch those kinds of videos formerly (or at least listen to the music), I'm sure the memories of them are still in your mind, even if you no longer think about them. These dreams could be your subconscious accessing those memories for some reason right now, and as some have pointed out, that could be caused by an actual longing (not necessarily sinful) you have at the moment and this is the best answer your brain can come up with to deal with it. When we're saved, our brains aren't a clean slate. Even if the "files" are deleted, they're still on your "hard drive" in some form until God completely writes over them with new and better information. But that's a years-long process sometimes.

Don't lose heart, and even if it seems like it's distancing you from God right now, He will never abandon you. Many Christians feel like they are far from God and He has gone silent, but those are the times He really strengthens us and refines us.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The absolute best thing that I ever done was distance myself from Tv and radio.
I simply had too because the negativity was drowning me. {I found myself starting to use the language they use ]
I will still watch Andy Griffith, Little house On the prairie, Beverly Hillbillies, Grizzly Adams or the like If I am really really bored and the weather is to bad to hunt or fish, but mostly CF is my only outreach. I get my news from prayer reports at church on Sundays and that is enough for me personally.

I

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The absolute best thing that I ever done was distance myself from Tv and radio.
I simply had too because the negativity was drowning me. {I found myself starting to use the language they use ]
I will still watch Andy Griffith, Little house On the prairie, Beverly Hillbillies, Grizzly Adams or the like If I am really really bored and the weather is to bad to hunt or fish, but mostly CF is my only outreach. I get my news from prayer reports at church on Sundays and that is enough for me personally.

I
I agree completely! At one point I was reading the news constantly and getting weighed down about the situation with North Korea and China and Russia and Iran, etc... I finally "fasted" from all current news for a week, and when co-workers asked me if I had heard about this or that tragic story, I could gratefully say no. It was a great week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless FightTheFlesh and this prayer, let you speak to FightTheFlesh, in dreams and help to walk in your ways. let you stop all the dreams from the power of darkness, and bless. Let FightTheFlesh have your dreams and your peace. In Jesus glorious name, Amen!

Upvote 0